UFC Champs with no haters

Robbie Lawler is a good one. Im a Hendricks fan and I still don't hate Lawler.

TJ doesn't have many haters except Brazilians mad about their boy Barao.

Cruz fans... Trust me their hating hard and they expect Cruz to come back and beat Killashaw... but it aint gonna happen.

Bullshit on Liddell. First time I ever visited Sherdog was in 07 place was filled with Chuck haters and Pride/Wand/Rampage/Shogun lovers.

Myself am a huge Chuck fan... but he had and still has a lot of haters... that don't give him the respect he earned in the cage and deserves...

You must have not been here for the GSP fan/Penn fan wars.

Agreed with Chuck. As well as the PRIDE>UFC guys, he gained lots of haters from beating other popular guys like Tito, Randy, Vitor and eventually Wanderlei. Anyone who beats fan favorites like them always picks up haters.

Personally I'm thinking this is one of those threads which Dave Menne wins. Maybe a draw with Carla Esparza. It's hard to get haters if nobody cares about you at all.

Mighty Mouse and maybe Weidman

Weidman is passionately hated by a handful of Andersons fans who don't understand that Weidman was just doing his job. They took it personally because they had emotionally invested so much into him being unbeatable.

MM is not hated.

What was people's opinions on Franklin? I wasn't on Sherdog during his time as champ. He seems like a guy who wouldn't have a large hate base

I remember some people didn't like Franklin just because he was Champ in a relatively weak division. UFC had a relatively mediocre MW division for years.

Also I remember some people didn't like the period were Liddell, Hughes, Franklin, and Sylvia were champs. I think people wanted to see more diversity, in both style and nationality.

Lot's of the Pride guys hated those guys.

Agreed with Chuck. As well as the PRIDE>UFC guys, he gained lots of haters from beating other popular guys like Tito, Randy, Vitor and eventually Wanderlei. Anyone who beats fan favorites like them always picks up haters.

Personally I'm thinking this is one of those threads which Dave Menne wins. Maybe a draw with Carla Esparza. It's hard to get haters if nobody cares about you at all.

remember all those "kempo punches cause eye pokes - Chuck is a cheater!" posts & videos? he had haters.

Couture had less haters than Liddell i think.

but Lawler might still be the best answer.

JDS was not universally liked and neither was Werdum. JDS was on a unprecedented run before getting to the UFC HW title. Finished a lot of people and had a lot of hype. That pissed plenty of people off. Heck he KTFO Werdum, so if Werdum is "universally liked" then surely some of his fans would be pissed at Cigano.

Werdum got a ton of hate in his "get in my guard bro" performance against Overeem amongst other things.

The only fighters with no haters are fighters that no one care about.

/Thread

remember all those "kempo punches cause eye pokes - Chuck is a cheater!" posts & videos? he had haters.

Couture had less haters than Liddell i think.

but Lawler might still be the best answer.

I meant I agreed with what he was saying about Chuck. He had his share of haters, many with different reasons for disliking him. Some people used to hate on him just because he had a big gut!

I think Randy was pretty much universally loved for much of his career. It was only after his comeback to HW people started disliking him. That's when people started talking about him fighting Fedor, the Brock fight happened and he had that awful fight with Vera.

You haven't made it unless you have haters. It's a badge of honor.

Exactly. People should want a few haters, instead of acting like being universally liked is the way forward. In this business, it's a good thing. It's a fact that the more polarizing fighters get a lot more attention, chances and usually, money. They bring viewers. Fans and haters tuning in for you and giving you views and attention is a lot more useful than just fans tuning in.

The average well-liked fighter usually has a lot of people thinking "Meh", about them.

Werdum doesn't have haters. Neither do JJ, Dillashaw, or Lawler.

Werdum doesn't have haters. Neither do JJ, Dillashaw, or Lawler.

It's literally impossible to be a champion and be universally liked. Come on, people even hate on Werdum for WerdumFace, saying he's silly and boring. A lot of people don't like Dillashaw, saying he's arrogant in the cage without achieving much. People still call Lawler an average journeyman fighter who got lucky because GSP isn't around anymore, and JJ has all the fans who already hate WMMA to contend with.

These haters will not be ignored.

Werdum
Robbie
RDA
Aldo
Mighty Mouse

I see no reason to hate on any of those champs. They pretty much all shut their mouth for the most part and do the talking inside the cage.

I only tend to hate on those who come across as douchebags, but I'm sure everyone has their own reasons to hate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back