UFC Champs with no haters

10000 Days

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just curious, have there been a UFC Champion, past or present, that was universally liked? I know some fighters who were universally liked before winning the title (guys like JDS and Werdum, AFAIK), but haters started to emerge after they won the belt.

Liddell was pretty much liked by everyone imo.

but every champion has his share of haters around here

Cain before he got hurt.

I can't relate to anyone who doesn't like Werdum.

Robbie Lawler has very few
JDS had very few despite some people thinking he got lucky against Cain
Machida after he KTFO Rashad, but was later hated on by many after the first Shogun dight

yeah let's just list all the ufc champions ever.

You haven't made it unless you have haters. It's a badge of honor.

JDS was not universally liked and neither was Werdum. JDS was on a unprecedented run before getting to the UFC HW title. Finished a lot of people and had a lot of hype. That pissed plenty of people off. Heck he KTFO Werdum, so if Werdum is "universally liked" then surely some of his fans would be pissed at Cigano.

Werdum got a ton of hate in his "get in my guard bro" performance against Overeem amongst other things.

The only fighters with no haters are fighters that no one care about.

JDS was not universally liked and neither was Werdum. JDS was on a unprecedented run before getting to the UFC HW title. Finished a lot of people and had a lot of hype. That pissed plenty of people off. Heck he KTFO Werdum, so if Werdum is "universally liked" then surely some of his fans would be pissed at Cigano.

Werdum got a ton of hate in his "get in my guard bro" performance against Overeem amongst other things.

The only fighters with no haters are fighters that no one care about.

I think he means during their time as champ.

What was people's opinions on Franklin? I wasn't on Sherdog during his time as champ. He seems like a guy who wouldn't have a large hate base

Robbie Lawler
Joanna

Probably only doubters of the two. Both very likeable, but there are those that will argue they lost to Hendricks and Claudia respectively. When those two title defense come around it could quiet those doubts.

Back