UFC Champions that have never won three or more consecutive fights in the UFC

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
Shogun Rua
Bas Rutten (To be fair he only fought twice while in the UFC and won them both)
Kevin Randleman
Maurice Smith
Big Nog (Intererm)
Dave Menne
Carlos Newton
Carla Esparza ( Although she did win the TUF tournament that was for the belt)

Am I missing anybody? On a side note Big Nog and Shogun are the only modern era UFC champions to never put together a three fight win streak in the UFC.

*Edit
Matt Serra
Murillo Bustamante
Pat Militech

Last edited:
What's the point of this statistic? What are you trying to prove?

Funny how BJ Penn barely made it out of that list, his biggest UFC streak is 3 wins, he might be facing a 4 fight loosing streak soon tho....

mma_ufcupsets_10_crop_north.jpg

Holm is on a 3 fight win streak in the UFC in which she claimed the title, and is about to have her 4th fight in 13 months, those DNBs don't stand a chance.

Interesting stat. Was Shogun the most recent? I have a feeling this may become more common in the future with the stricter drug testing.

Interesting stat. Was Shogun the most recent? I have a feeling this may become more common in the future with the stricter drug testing.

I don't think we'll ever see this again, because it usually takes at least a three fight win streak to earn a title shot. Maybe at HW.

Last edited:
I don't think we'll ever see this again, because it usually takes at least a three fight win streak to earn title shot. Maybe at HW.
Hmmm, very good point.
Alhough most people get a title shot from a loss these days, so maybe that will balance it out :p

Pat Miletich never won 3 fights in a row in the UFC. He did win 2 in the UFC than went to another organization and went 1-1 and came back and won 2 straight again in the UFC.

Back