ALAN PARTRIDGE

NO LONGER REGISTERED
@Steel
Reaction score
What a time it was :)

cain-velasquez-jon-jones-anderson-silva-georges-st-pierre-frankie-DB5H1N.jpg

uc27u94sqquy.jpg

gyi0064517135.jpg

Pretty boring TBH. Jones became boring. GSP was way boring by that point. Edgar was always boring besides his fights with Lay Praynard. Cruz was pretty boring.

Cain was pure violence tho...

Aldo was a killer...

Silva could put on master performances when not clowning.

This line up is overrated. MMA was much better with Pride around. Then when Strikeforce was around.

Besides Aldo and maybe GSP, I prefer every champ we have now over that line up.

Back when Cain could still walk. What a time.

Happy to have witnessed all these legends, The UFC has definitely already peaked in quality.

We literally had 3 of the top 5 fighters ever all on the same roster as champions, hell you could legitimately argue Aldo into that top 5. Potentially 4 of the 5 best ever all on one damn roster. this photo won’t even hit until everyone in those photos is retired and we’re left with the JV squad.

It’s the equivalent of the 1992 Dream Team, the talent level is just unrivaled.

what makes this even crazier is that Demetrius Johnson would become champ a year later, the roster was ridiculously stacked. That’s arguably 5 of the best 6 fighters EVER.

Silva
GSP
Bones
Aldo
DJ
And that’s not even including the other first ballot hall of famers Cruz(top 20), Edgar, and Cain.

Last edited:
This was such a cool moment at the time. Remember when we were all clamoring to see Anderson vs GSP? Then having them up on stage together like that.
Just looking at Aldo's face, he looks pretty well out of it. If I recall correctly, he was about to fight Mark Hominick at the time and the weight cut was killing him.

This was such a cool moment at the time. Remember when we were all clamoring to see Anderson vs GSP? Then having them up on stage together like that.
Just looking at Aldo's face, he looks pretty well out of it. If I recall correctly, he was about to fight Mark Hominick at the time and the weight cut was killing him.
I remember that, every time GSP fought I would think “Well with the right game plan and a disciplined approach I could see him beating Silva.” Then a couple months later Silva would do something spectacular and I’d think “Nope. Unless GSP snuggles a revolver into the the cage Silva is beating him.” Lol. Good times.

Back