UFC Champions Finishing percentages

So what you're saying is, Ronda is the Goat. I agree TS.

Dominick Cruz didnt finish fights but he made his opponents look silly and would still do the same to the current bantamweights. Prime Cruz is one of the best fighters of all time
Dominick Cruz is one of the GOATs and even shills and uneducated fans such as @20falarVerdades have acknowledged Cruz as one of the GOATs
As long as we can agree that prime Cruz ended in 2011. He was 26. That was October 2011. Since then came back 3 years later to KO Mizugaki. Over a year later won split decision against TJ (I thought he lost). Dominick couldn't walk after that fight that he "won". He beat over the hill Urijah and got dominated by Cody. That was all in 2016. So 2012....no fights
2013.....no fights
2014....Mizugaki
2015.....No fights
2016....3 fights ending the year getting battered by Cody
2017.....no fights
2018....no fights
2019....no fights
In summary....2011 and under he was a great fighter. After that one very good year (not great) and he wasn't around except to be a horrible announcer. He has a very naturally unlikable personality.

I almost did it this way but decided to do just wins to show who tends to finish when they win. Perhaps I’ll do that another time. Thanks for the feedback!
Also would’ve been neat to check out BJ’s LW specific percentage and WW specific percentage. Good stuff!

As long as we can agree that prime Cruz ended in 2011. He was 26. That was October 2011. Since then came back 3 years later to KO Mizugaki. Over a year later won split decision against TJ (I thought he lost). Dominick couldn't walk after that fight that he "won". He beat over the hill Urijah and got dominated by Cody. That was all in 2016. So 2012....no fights
2013.....no fights
2014....Mizugaki
2015.....No fights
2016....3 fights ending the year getting battered by Cody
2017.....no fights
2018....no fights
2019....no fights
In summary....2011 and under he was a great fighter. After that one very good year (not great) and he wasn't around except to be a horrible announcer. He has a very naturally unlikable personality.
Cruz coming back after these injuries to KO a top 5 fighter at the time in Mizukagi and then beat TJ in a 5 round fight after having only 61 seconds in almost 5 years just adds more to his impressive career and legacy.

And Cruz wasnt battered by Cody , Thats a myth.
Cruz outstruck Cody in every round except the fourth and Cody won by a round , Cruz would beat him 9/10 times.

Lol at Snoozeman living up to his given nickname.

Also a Cejudo vs Cruz match has a 100% chance of going to decision.

Cruz coming back after these injuries to KO a top 5 fighter at the time in Mizukagi and then beat TJ in a 5 round fight after having only 61 seconds in almost 5 years just adds more to his impressive career and legacy.

And Cruz wasnt battered by Cody , Thats a myth.
Cruz outstruck Cody in every round except the fourth and Cody won by a round , Cruz would beat him 9/10 times.
Mizugaki is not very good. He got gifted a split decision against TJ. He couldn't walk after the fight and TJ did more damage. How many times did Cody knock him down in that fight, four? Cody was toying with Dom. Should've been 1-2 in 2016 if the judges knew what they were watching. TJ beat him 8 out of 10 times. Cody is a very flawed fighter and he destroyed Dom. Knocked him down all over the ring and made Dom miss consistently. Dom was outclassed by Cody. Dom was a great fighter before 2012 now he's just an unlikable announcer.

Wait, you think TJ gave him plantar fasciitis during the fight?
No, the plantar fascitis started acting up when TJ was leg kicking him. Before that Dom seemed fine. Did you watch the fight? Did you notice the leg kicks? Don't tell me you believe Conor had a broken foot before the fight with Khabib also?
tenor.gif

No, the plantar fascitis started acting up when TJ was leg kicking him.

As someone who's dealt with plantar faciitis from hiking, I don't see how being kicked in the leg would do anything to it. Dancing around the ring the way Dom does, on the other hand, would really suck.

As someone who's dealt with plantar faciitis from hiking, I don't see how being kicked in the leg would do anything to it. Dancing around the ring the way Dom does, on the other hand, would really suck.
I was being sarcastic. TJ was chopping Dom down with leg kicks. If he says he had plantar facitis I have to believe him. He went through a whole training camp and even a couple of rounds of the fight. He didn't start limping until TJ leg kicked him (repeatedly). The limping was from the leg kicks not the plantar fasci
itis.

Back