UFC Champion: "I'm rooting for Aldo"

Looking like this against a fighter who showed up last minute for a fight, while Conor leaving with no scratches lol you sound pretty stupid right now almost as much as your forum name.

Yes, Conor game planning for however long to fight a lesser striker is directly comparable to TJ Dillashaw game planning for Barao and then fighting someone with a completely different style with two day's notice.

Let me know when you're ready to argue in the big leagues, kid.

That's because 99% of people in general are simply dumb, and Sherdog is probably below the median.

Anything to disparage a fighter's accomplishments, that's why Siver is now a can, rather than a top level gatekeeper that was a good enough for for a TS for other guys.
I do agree people like to shit on fighters a lot and Siver wasn't a bum by any means but he was never that good to be fair.

What are his 3 best wins? Probably Nam Pham, Diego Nunes, and Matt Wyman which were all decision wins from 2011-2012

Also consider Siver at 32-33 on steroids isn't exactly Siver at 36 off them

But look at the guys he has fought, his wins are pretty underwhelming despite having quite a few of them. I would say low-level gate-keeper at best and that is in his prime. JMO anyway

All these guys are jealous of the attention Conor is getting.

hi-res-414289477f54d7c1a70c17ad20fdc3cb_crop_north.jpg

Looking like this against a fighter who showed up last minute for a fight, while Conor leaving with no scratches lol you sound pretty stupid right now almost as much as your forum name.

You realize that is all blood from the nose which bleeds very easily right? A single jab could have done that.

Soto gave him a solid go at it. He deserves respect for that. But let's not pretend it was a question who the superior fighter was, even with the last minute switch-up. TJ won every round and finished a very game fighter that he had no time to train for. Unless you have ever trained for a specific fighter and got a completely different kind of fighter at the last second, it is hard to fully appreciate how difficult that can be. It was hard enough in boxing. It must be way worse in MMA.

Random poll pitting them against each other for no apparent reason?

Taking Killashaw via round 5 TKO.

Shit I thought the poll was about who shows more class.
Voted for the Dilla.

so sick of these absolutely pointless polls. just because you can, doesnt mean you need to use them every time.

an intentionally ambiguous thread title to boot..

I thought it was hilarious the way Conor jumped the cage as he actually got to Aldo and then was like ok what do I do now? It was like a dog chasing a car he didn't know what to do when he caught one

Wow a TAM fighter cheering for a Nova Uniao fighter... I didin't think the Conor hate was that strong!

Conor grabbed a guy to pretend to hold him back. Sad.
Why not just go right into Jose' face and stare him down???

Lmao. Reminds me of commotions back when i was 16 lol. Aggressive guy would grab a nearby friend to pretend to hold him back and say "hold me back man, or i swear i will kick his ass". Then he kept screaming how he would beat the other guy's ass. Fight never happened.

Whenever one talks to employees about another employee that is paid double what they are, statements like this are heard "Yeah, they are really nice/good BUT (here is the hey word ('but'), the word that they believe lends credibility to the bashing about to come) they just suck".

Ever since we go thru grade school, we subconsciously or consciously dislike those that score higher grades, are better at the subjects we fancy or are just flat out teachers pets. Conor is the teachers pet and also school yard bully. Not only is Conor the most transcendental and influential figure in MMA (go walk around Dublin if you feel differently, you won't see hords of people in Rio de Janeiro dressing as the Spider), he is the most talked about, the most loved and also the most hated, the closest with Dana and Lorenzo, the highest promoted and the hardest hyped. Conor exposes the envious and insecure, he is the antithesis of people who say "don't climb mountains, for it is dangerous", he says and does what we wish we could but are too afraid for societal repercussions. He is proof that is you believe in yourself and absolutely dedicate yourself 100% to your passion, you can do it.

For all these reasons paired with his obvious talent, it does not jive well with the quiet but abundant society norm of 'just keep your nose clean, don't make a lot of work and don't make any offensive noise'. Win or lose against Aldo, Conor is here to stay and will retire the most successful athlete to ever compete in MMA.

For your emotional well being, if you are a Conor hater, you may want to dedicate your emotions to something else because he will keep on proving you wrong and you will be left with nothing but ash in your mouth. Nietzsche would characterize someone like him as an 'overman' - he will not fail in the long run and it is better to take note and draw from this once in a generation type athlete than to totally and completely reject him.

lmao you typed all of that bullshit out, for real?
These McGregor fans... man.. (and I like the guy and have rooted for him in every fight). Their insecurity is on another level

Big respect to Dillershaw Conor could take a page out of his book no shit talking just pure working. He was understated going into the fight against Baro it was a ppv that I didn't bother with, boy was I wrong.

TJ did it the right way made everybody write him off and discount him while he and team Alpha Male went to work breaking down Baro. I see the complete opposite here like the champ is the underdog and all the focus and attention is on wonerboy Conor. Somehow I think Aldo prefers this trading places scenario.

Proven* champion with the gas tank to go five rounds with a wrestling pedigree?

I would say he's a safe favorite.

You believe TJ would be a fav against McGregor? lol

Look at his odds against Aldo ffs.

Tj is right, everyone should be EXACTLY the same, theres no room for charisma here. Lets fight but ALWAYS ALWAYS be respectful.

FUCK THAT! I would love this fight, conor would fucking murder him.

Back