UFC Champion: "I'm rooting for Aldo"

Fuckin hilarious too because Aldo was just standing there smiling.

I thought Aldo said it best when he called him the court jester. In fairness I guess McGregors antics may be good for the sport but personally I can't stand the guy and agree with TJ all the way.

He would be the biggest WWE star of all time if he ever wants to step out of the cage.

I really hope Aldo shuts this guy up

please-dont-hotlink.png

You don't say?

To be honest, I never thought of it that way.

McGregor is gettin alot of hate from other UFC fighters

Whenever one talks to employees about another employee that is paid double what they are, statements like this are heard "Yeah, they are really nice/good BUT (here is the hey word ('but'), the word that they believe lends credibility to the bashing about to come) they just suck".

Ever since we go thru grade school, we subconsciously or consciously dislike those that score higher grades, are better at the subjects we fancy or are just flat out teachers pets. Conor is the teachers pet and also school yard bully. Not only is Conor the most transcendental and influential figure in MMA (go walk around Dublin if you feel differently, you won't see hords of people in Rio de Janeiro dressing as the Spider), he is the most talked about, the most loved and also the most hated, the closest with Dana and Lorenzo, the highest promoted and the hardest hyped. Conor exposes the envious and insecure, he is the antithesis of people who say "don't climb mountains, for it is dangerous", he says and does what we wish we could but are too afraid for societal repercussions. He is proof that is you believe in yourself and absolutely dedicate yourself 100% to your passion, you can do it.

For all these reasons paired with his obvious talent, it does not jive well with the quiet but abundant society norm of 'just keep your nose clean, don't make a lot of work and don't make any offensive noise'. Win or lose against Aldo, Conor is here to stay and will retire the most successful athlete to ever compete in MMA.

For your emotional well being, if you are a Conor hater, you may want to dedicate your emotions to something else because he will keep on proving you wrong and you will be left with nothing but ash in your mouth. Nietzsche would characterize someone like him as an 'overman' - he will not fail in the long run and it is better to take note and draw from this once in a generation type athlete than to totally and completely reject him.

Good post ^^^^

Every fighter who mentions conors name with negative tones are soooo uber jelly

Whenever one talks to employees about another employee that is paid double what they are, statements like this are heard "Yeah, they are really nice/good BUT (here is the hey word ('but'), the word that they believe lends credibility to the bashing about to come) they just suck".

Ever since we go thru grade school, we subconsciously or consciously dislike those that score higher grades, are better at the subjects we fancy or are just flat out teachers pets. Conor is the teachers pet and also school yard bully. Not only is Conor the most transcendental and influential figure in MMA (go walk around Dublin if you feel differently, you won't see hords of people in Rio de Janeiro dressing as the Spider), he is the most talked about, the most loved and also the most hated, the closest with Dana and Lorenzo, the highest promoted and the hardest hyped. Conor exposes the envious and insecure, he is the antithesis of people who say "don't climb mountains, for it is dangerous", he says and does what we wish we could but are too afraid for societal repercussions. He is proof that is you believe in yourself and absolutely dedicate yourself 100% to your passion, you can do it.

For all these reasons paired with his obvious talent, it does not jive well with the quiet but abundant society norm of 'just keep your nose clean, don't make a lot of work and don't make any offensive noise'. Win or lose against Aldo, Conor is here to stay and will retire the most successful athlete to ever compete in MMA.

For your emotional well being, if you are a Conor hater, you may want to dedicate your emotions to something else because he will keep on proving you wrong and you will be left with nothing but ash in your mouth. Nietzsche would characterize someone like him as an 'overman' - he will not fail in the long run and it is better to take note and draw from this once in a generation type athlete than to totally and completely reject him.

No, I think you're are way over thinking this. People just tend to not like assholes because they're assholes:icon_lol:

McGregor is gettin alot of hate from other UFC fighters

lack of respect for his opponents and other fighters along with literally being inside the assholes of the owners and bosses who like to shaft every other fighter except their golden boys

i could see the hate growing even more

The poll has no meaning without specifying the weight,
assuming it is about those two fighting each other.

One should stay at 135
and the other looks like he will not survive many more cuts to 145.

A lot of jealousy going on from the boys who don't have the charisma to make the big money that have been around longer than Notorious.

T.J. Dillashaw thinks Conor McGregor's antics are 'too fake, too WWE'

^^^^^^^^ He's right and so are the fights the ufc lined up for him. Hand pick him a guy with more going against him then the little German with 1 foot long arms. The hype machine is simply annoying these days and I just want to see people compete. There are no GOATS just people who win for a while get old and someone else comes along. Conor is a cash cow surfing the hype wave and good for him but this isn't why I am a fan of mma. I want to see real combat not dudes grappling or dudes hitting each other with pillows on their hands. I like head butts, stomp and soccer kicks and when it seemed people were really fighting. Yep that card the other night was worked harder then your momma too:icon_lol:

Before Weidman beat Anderson - Every Sherdog member would have picked numerous MW's to beat him in a poll.

Lol. No.

A sizeable minority thought he had a great shot at beating Anderson. Even more thought he was probably the next best guy at MW.

The guy knows how to play the game. It is natural to hate people like this. But he appears to have the skills to back him up.

Conor frothing at the mouth about getting Aldo his spit bucket to shine up the belt for him was a little much.

He acts like a clown and should show more respect for a long standing champ.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH.... So it was a spit bucket he was referring to in the promo... the whole time i was scratching my head wondering what the fuck is a "spipookie"

i thought i was the only one who saw connor grab the security to hold him back. sharp eyes mister dillashaw

That would explain why he immediately bypassed (what is assumed to be) the security guard and got in Aldo's face anyway. Makes sense.

Dillashaw needs to look a bit closer then. Conor was slipping when standing on the table and grabbed the guard to maintain his balance. It shows better in a different angle than the one most commonly used in gifs, but even in the common angle it's apparent.

After he's gotten his balance he jumps down and gets to stand across from Aldo without any guard between them, so clearly Conor didn't hide behind them. If anyone thought he'd actually go down and get physical with Aldo that person must be quite unlucky when he thinks.

Who cares if he was slipping the point is he wasnt gonna do shit and everyone knows it. I guess he did for his dumbass fans who eat it up. I got no problem with him in general, but that shit was corny as hell.

Who cares if he was slipping the point is he wasnt gonna do shit and everyone knows it. I guess he did for his dumbass fans who eat it up. I got no problem with him in general, but that shit was corny as hell.

He's kind of a clown, but I actually liked it. Not really because I wanted to see Conor acting like a spaz, but because it actually made Aldo laugh. And Aldo's laugh wasn't the nervous type of laughing, it seemed like he actually thought Conor's antics were funny.

I started laughing when I saw Aldo do it. I've never been a big Aldo fan really (I don't dislike him, and I realize how great he is, I've always just had other guys I'd root for at FW over him) but that response actually made me a fan of his. It was perfect. And seemed genuine in the face of a guy who was mugging and spazzing for nothing but effect.

I kind of hope we see more interactions like that. I wonder what Conor would think if Aldo just laughs at him nonstop every time they have to interact leading up to the fight?

I don't think you know what literally means.

Wrong.

According to the dictionary, “literally” now also means “figuratively”
http://www.salon.com/2013/08/22/acc...terally_now_also_means_figuratively_newscred/

And this if from the dictionary:
in a literal manner; word for word:
to translate literally.
actually; without exaggeration or inaccuracy:
The city was literally destroyed.
in effect; in substance; very nearly; virtually:
I literally died when she walked out on stage in that costume.

Back