UFC Champion: “I’m Shooting for $250,000,000”

Usman is the type of guy who will earn...

• Total voters
He is delusional with this one, 250 million?
You better knock Jorge out with a flying knee within 3 seconds to get the ball rolling my man.

“(I want to be) just a counselor of some sort. When I leave this world, I want to leave it in a better situation than what it came in."
Like his style or not, this is the kind of attitude we need in the world.

So he thinks 250M is just about right for his kids.... lol

I hope he is at least making 1M fight to be this delusional

Would be great to see usman earn 250 million from mma even if I dont like the guy. But reality is cruel.

Another soul corrupted by capitalism.

And so far he's doing this by... Staying inactive on the sidelines?

That's a pretty refreshing professional interest from an MMA fighter.

The lion's share of money is in endorsements any way not from his fight purse(s). Fighting and being the champion is just a vehicle to make the bigger money off of endorsements / entertainment. That is why it is so important to fight so minimal when you are the champion, like once a year. You have to milk that belt for every cent, because when it is gone it's very unlikely that you will ever get it back let alone get a second title shot.

Comedian would probably be a better career choice

Total career earnings I can see him between 5-10 million if he manages to stay as an active champ for 3-5 fights. He could be making somewhere between 750k to 1.5 million per fight, maybe more it's hard to gauge. Ali would work out good deals for him.

If he makes 10% of that he would be A) extremely lucky and B) set for life

Usman needs many more KOs and far fewer decisions before he can think about, let alone talk about, big money.

He has 1m followers but that's not going to convert into 250m dollars without a new approach to fighting and creating rivalries.

"Who?" is not the winning formula.

Back