UFC Champion: “I’m Shooting for $250,000,000”

Usman is the type of guy who will earn...

• Total voters
What kinda lifestyle is he wanting his kids to have

He'd be lucky to see $10m when it's all said and done, can't hate for lofty goals though.

Only about two boxers have ever made $250m+ (Floyd and George F.). Meanwhile... in the UFC...
thumbnail

This is without the PPV bonus which was for most of these guys and more, MORE money than their show/win money.

Chael Sonnen said he made a cool 2 million for losing to Anderson Silva.
Bisping also said he was making millions for his fights while as champion.
Cormier said he got over 2 million for the Black Beast fight. I would imagine he made more for the Stipe fights.
Woodley was living a fantastic high cost life style as champion ... and now is broke because he was spending it all and his won't be making that money anymore now that he isn't champ.

However, we all know how tough of a negotiator Brock Lesnar was, he was making millions per fight as well but not on this list. It is said he turned down UFC's last offer vs Cormier due to the ESPN deal changing the PPV points ability and he wanted more upfront pay. So maybe going forward, unless you are Conor, you won't be making that big money anymore thanks to ESPN.

His only chance is by being Mayweather, because he's never going to do it by being Conor. Israel might have a shot.

Gsp's net worth is estimated at 30 millions,
And except Conor, nobody sold more ppv's than him in UFC history.
+ GSP had majors sponsors during his career.
(UnderArmor, Gatorade and others)

Good luck Usman.

Haha, people can barely be bothered talking about him even whne he's the champ, this guy is delusional.

Well, he better be giving some damn good advice.

“I’m shooting for $250 million,” Kamaru Usman told UFC commentator Joe Rogan during a recent “JRE MMA Show” podcast appearance. “I’ll do other jobs and stuff, but I think $250 million is generational wealth. That’s something my kids’ kids will be able to live off.

“[After I retire] I want to be a marriage counselor. I think I’ve always been very good at being able to step back from situations of what’s going on and give advice. I do this with my friends.

“(I want to be) just a counselor of some sort. When I leave this world, I want to leave it in a better situation than what it came in.

“I’m the type of guy to where anything you say can and will be used against you inside that octagon. I’m the judge, the juror and the executioner in there. That’s how I approach it.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/02/ufc-champ-kamaru-usman-marriage-counselor-after-fighting

Related:
Israel Adesanya Plans to Make $100,000,000 in UFC

Why does he say stupid shit all the time i watched two podcast of him and so far he look like he's trying to be someone he's not and it's soo annoying

Lmao the dude that “hacked” his phone posted pictures of his bank account and the dude had like 150K sitting in a checking account hahaha this man has a long way to go! Probably thinks the “interest” from his savings will grow into that 250 mil hahaha

Colby, meanwhile, would be happy with 25k and a bag of discarded orange rinds

Yeah, I’d believe him if he said he would make 250M per fight... but setting this as a whole career goal, it just sounds poor to me lol

I think he's grossly overestimating how much you need to ensure your current family & one future generation need to be set up.

More importantly he's grossly overestimating his drawing power. Not including any PPV or other backroom bonuses he only received $350K to beat Woodley for the belt & then $500K ($50K FOTN Bonus) to defend against Colby. He should receive a suitably decent payday to defend against Masvidal, but even if he registers title defences against Conor, Khabib & GSP in the three fights following he's still not going to make anywhere near $25Mil let alone $250Mil. Guy's delusional.

Back