UFC can't take the chance to put Overeem on a non-title bout

Hardcor'O'Death

Accurate Ranker
@Brown
Reaction score
If the guy get tagged on the chin we know what could happen and the UFC can't take the chance to make him loose a fight because everytime he loss, it's via painfull ending

UFC 200

-Mcgregor vs Edgar
-Overeem vs Werdum

Sure he'll need to avenge his loss to rothwell but i don't think rothwell will expend his winning streak no longer

So you rather him win the belt first, then get put into a fight with Ben Rothwell and take the chance of him losing the title to him?

Stipe will be next, they won't take the shot away. Reem either rematches Browne or fights Cain.

He's rumoured to be fighting Browne. That's a good safe rematch for him that probably sets him up to face the champion after that.

Overeem doesn't get to pass Big Ben
ThoroughParchedDarwinsfox.gif

I agree with TS, Overeem is one punch away from having to start another 3 years title run

If he under-perform ufc will cut him.

he surely got a TS with his new deal! Rothwell and maybe even stipe are waiting in line tho. Surely Reem will be skipping right over those 2.

I still think on any given night Reem loses to 3/4 of the top ten. Risky business having him thrown into a title shot, but HW is what it is. I'll laugh if he loses the Browne rematch if it does become a reality as rumoured.

Homecourt advantage Jackson-trained Cardio Reem beats Snake oil Edmond trained Browne

I agree. I mean Overeem would beat someone like Brock if he was fighting or a non striker but guys with heavy hands are a threat to him. I'd say his chin got weaker after the Big Foot loss. Big foot slept Reem and threw some mega hard shots before Reem went out. Against Rothwell and Browne I felt he got unlucky and just got but rocked by shots that normally shouldn't (at first) have phased him.

If Rothwell beats JDS give Rothwell title shot and put Reem on ice for next title shot. I think however JDS will beat Rothwell and that is what Dana and UFC hopes for. Rothwell isn't super fit, and does not have a big fan base or star power so it would be better for the UFC if JDS won. Then they could give JDS someone easy after he beats Rothwell and then if he wins that fight he gets title shot or a 4th fight with Cain or something.

Ultimately I don't see Rothwell being this lucky to then beat JDS. I think Rothwell is a great fighter but I don't think he beats Overeem again and don't think he will beat Dos Santos.

Stipe will be next, they won't take the shot away. Reem either rematches Browne or fights Cain.

Why not they do it all the time. Stipe is younger in years than Reem and does not have the drawing power that Overeem has. If I was Dana I'd be hoping that the super popular, very muscular, Brazilian beats the guy with too much bf who is older and not a draw. I'd then give Reem title shot against winner of Cain vs Werdum. And pit Dos Santos against someone he can be expected to beat to build his hype back up. I'd then promise Stipe next title shot if he wins 1 more fight.

i think Rothwell will made JDS look horrible

The guy got no fire left

Why not they do it all the time. Stipe is younger in years than Reem and does not have the drawing power that Overeem has. If I was Dana I'd be hoping that the super popular, very muscular, Brazilian beats the guy with too much bf who is older and not a draw. I'd then give Reem title shot against winner of Cain vs Werdum. And pit Dos Santos against someone he can be expected to beat to build his hype back up. I'd then promise Stipe next title shot if he wins 1 more fight.

Cain is more than likely going to lose his shot, and Stipe will take it. Cain will have to fight again now. Stipe will be rewarded for stepping up and they will use the angle that Werdum pulled out against him to sell the fight.

If Rothwell beats JDS (and I think he will, oddsmakers even have him as the favorite) he's ahead of Reem too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back