UFC Boxing Edition

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I know many of us don't like to venture in the heavies so I hope we can continue to use this one to discuss UFC in here.

Man the main main fights showed some good boxing. Hendo was too relianent on his overhand right that he loaded it so long, Gegard countered with a straight right and dropped him.

Main event was very interesting. You had a very technical boxer fighter in Gus vs a power house overhand hooks Rumble. Power house wins via uppercut.

Next week, I hope Anderson and Diaz box a little bit in the cage. Should be fun.

I actually might watch Silva beat Diaz senseless.

I asked a pretty simple question.Do thresh holds matter to the NSAC? Pretty sure they prohibit any marijuana in a fighter's system. It seems that USADA/WADA have some allowable limits.

As we learned from the Floyd IV thing, its NSAC that has the power here and their rules that ultimately matter.

Their rules state that you can't use drugs before or during competition. It doesn't outline how long before. For example, if a fighter took anabolics and tested dirty, the "What? I haven't used steroids for a month!!?!?" argument probably isn't going to save him.

Stop trying to talk down to me about Nick Diaz and a drug test.The problem seems pretty clear here. Diaz pissed positive for marijuana.

One would assume so as their list of banned substances is taken from WADA. The difference with the Floyd situation was that they don't have the same banned methods (the IV was a banned method under WADA guidelines, but not for NSAC). If the he tested below 150 ng/mL on every single test (the two WADA labs and the other non-WADA one), I think it's bullshit that he received any doping sanction. Now, I've seen a lot of conflicting reports, so I'm not even sure what the case is.

Maybe Silva is gun shy and doesn't use his kicks. If he stands and boxes with Nick, should be fun. Nick doesn't have the wrestling to take Silva down. Has to end in TKO by silva stoppage or Andy gases and Diaz breaks him down.

The NSAC allows use out of competition and doesn't allow in competition. There is zero proof that he used IN competition, metabolites and a urinalysis don't provide that. I'm not talking down to you, you're just arguing for the sake or arguing when I have told you repeatedly over and over the facts which you won't acknowledge.

There would quite a bit of evidence that would suggest that he did, actually. Conclusive proof? No, but there would be it would suggest a strong possibility if his levels were at least 150 ng/ml. If that was the case I think he should be punished as he would be if he competed in any sport anywhere that used WADA guidelines for their testing. I've seen it suggested that they may not have been the case since it seems that the WADA-accredited labs (which use the WADA guideline of 150 ng/ml to trigger a positive) found his samples to be fine whereas the non-WADA accredited lab that presumably uses a lower threshold was the one which busted him. If that was the case, then I can see a real grievance, but not if he was above 150 ng/ml.

I think Silva beats the pants off him really. I never thought too much the standup of Diaz. Once he abandoned his JJ I didn't really care for him anymore. Watching him get mad when guys won't stand still and let him hit them is fun.

Not thread worthy, but just saw a pic of Prince Naseem. Looking like he's enjoying retirement...

11937455_1074285539248260_1289618575241708822_n.jpg

There would quite a bit of evidence that would suggest that he did, actually. Conclusive proof? No, but there would be it would suggest a strong possibility if his levels were at least 150 ng/ml. If that was the case I think he should be punished as he would be if he competed in any sport anywhere that used WADA guidelines for their testing. I've seen it suggested that they may not have been the case since it seems that the WADA-accredited labs (which use the WADA guideline of 150 ng/ml to trigger a positive) found his samples to be fine whereas the non-WADA accredited lab that presumably uses a lower threshold was the one which busted him. If that was the case, then I can see a real grievance, but not if he was above 150 ng/ml.

The fact that he's been busted by the NSAC twice before for the exact same thing is significant though.

I really am sort of surprised at how people defend Diaz here. He obviously doesn't take the sport or the rules of the sport very seriously. Smoking weed is more important than his pro career to him, obviously. 3 times now, he's insulted the Athletic commissions and violated their rules and then acts genuinely surprised when the AC tells him to kiss off. Why do people laud this clown as some sort of folk hero?

I know we can all appreciate Bader vs Davis. Brilliant display of the sweet science in MMA, shit was dope.

Taisumov put together some good punches, among other things. And Sicilia scored a knock out.

The fact that he's been busted by the NSAC twice before for the exact same thing is significant though.

I really am sort of surprised at how people defend Diaz here. He obviously doesn't take the sport or the rules of the sport very seriously. Smoking weed is more important than his pro career to him, obviously. 3 times now, he's insulted the Athletic commissions and violated their rules and then acts genuinely surprised when the AC tells him to kiss off. Why do people laud this clown as some sort of folk hero?

Disrespecting the commision has fuck all to do with the punishment he receives and fuck them they deserve every bit of disrespect they get.

Diaz has anxiety issues and beside probably enjoying weed he might be one of the few people who it really helps also they gave Chael 2 years after testing positive 3 times and he tested for PEDs and not only anything but EPO, HGH and test.

They are complete idiots who have no idea about either the sport nor offer any obejctive hearings apparently.

They make their judgement mostly based of who they like and not on what they are actually supposed to base their judgement on.
Fuck them and fuck everyone who tries to justify their decision

Rumble is scary, Gus was looking great, tagging Rumble hard with great movement and got caught off that lazy kick he threw. Rumble hits hard as hell. Mousasi looked tremendous I thought. Former Dutch boxing champion.

hes from cali where it is legal for him to smoke. I understand that it is illegal for sports but to people weed is not that bad and is not performance enhancing. combine that with people getting busted for PEDs that could really hurt someone. It just seems dumb and excessive.

IMO this is ridiculous

Ref let Gus take wayyyyy too many shots, he wasn't out but he wasn't going to recover, wasn't moving.

Disrespecting the commision has fuck all to do with the punishment he receives and fuck them they deserve every bit of disrespect they get.
Thats not true at all.None of it.

Diaz has anxiety issues and beside probably enjoying weed he might be one of the few people who it really helps also they gave Chael 2 years after testing positive 3 times and he tested for PEDs and not only anything but EPO, HGH and test.
Oh bullshit. He smokes weed to get high and have fun like everyone else does. I'm not really up on MMA PED suspensions, but something tells me that Chael probably didn't act like a dick at the hearings like Diaz did.

They are complete idiots who have no idea about either the sport nor offer any obejctive hearings apparently.
Thats just silly. They are the AC and they enforce the rules the sport follows. Diaz has to follow them like everyone else.

They make their judgement mostly based of who they like and not on what they are actually supposed to base their judgement on.
Fuck them and fuck everyone who tries to justify their decision

Next time you go to court for something, go in and have all sorts of attitude and make jokes about your offense to the judge. See where that gets you.

seano, diaz may just smoke to get high but it is known that he has issues. He would be prime example of someone that would smoke to help them.

diaz is not all there

seano, diaz may just smoke to get high but it is known that he has issues. He would be prime example of someone that would smoke to help them.

diaz is not all there

Honestly thats not really relevant. Thats what people aren't getting. I agree that weed is not really a big deal.
But on the other hand, it is a banned substance. Period. No ifs ands or buts about that.There is no argument about this. Its banned by the NSAC and if you fight in Nevada, then you better not have it in your system when you get tested post fight.

Diaz has shown up to fight with weed in his system not once, not twice but 3 different times. The guy refuses to follow the rules of the commission, is rude and disrespectful to the people who decide his punishment and then actually seems shocked when they tire of his bullshit and fuck him.

the only real arguments I see is that people either like nick diaz, like weed or both. The rules are clear.

Gus should have learned shifting.

Thats not true at all.None of it.

Oh bullshit. He smokes weed to get high and have fun like everyone else does. I'm not really up on MMA PED suspensions, but something tells me that Chael probably didn't act like a dick at the hearings like Diaz did.

Thats just silly. They are the AC and they enforce the rules the sport follows. Diaz has to follow them like everyone else.

Next time you go to court for something, go in and have all sorts of attitude and make jokes about your offense to the judge. See where that gets you.

What the fuck does acting like a dick have to do with the sentence let alone that DIaz didnt act like a dick he simply didn't force his nose up the assholes of those wankers who clearly have proven time after time that they know shit about MMA or even boxing.

Also Diaz is known to have issues with anxiety you only have to watch his videos to see that also it's not even in discusson whether he has because he has a license for medical marijuana so officially he has and the AC has to aknowledge that and not what they think.

If it was as simple as enforcing the rules then every random fuck could be a judge or lawayer that isnt how it works you have to enforce them properly and that's ahrd apparently too hard to those wankers in the AC.
Giving someone who tests 3 times for PEDs which are supposed to come with harsher punishments than recreational drugs and tests for a shitload of them less than half the ban of someone who tests positive for weed 3 times is ridiculous.

YOu make jokes about fucking weed how horrendous I would be really sucidal and regretful after testing psotiive for fucking weed how dare he not falling on his knees and pleasuring those nice AC guys orally

Law isn't supposed to work like that you give someone you like a nice punishment or assuming that someone may or may not need weed if he officially does.

He doubled the WADA accepted limit, apparently (he was around 300 ng/ml). I still think that the suspension is too severe, but it would appear that he definitely deserved punishment under WADA regulations and that this isn't some NSAC witch hunt.

What the fuck does acting like a dick have to do with the sentence let alone that DIaz didnt act like a dick he simply didn't force his nose up the assholes of those wankers who clearly have proven time after time that they know shit about MMA or even boxing.

Also Diaz is known to have issues with anxiety you only have to watch his videos to see that also it's not even in discusson whether he has because he has a license for medical marijuana so officially he has and the AC has to aknowledge that and not what they think.

If it was as simple as enforcing the rules then every random fuck could be a judge or lawayer that isnt how it works you have to enforce them properly and that's ahrd apparently too hard to those wankers in the AC.
Giving someone who tests 3 times for PEDs which are supposed to come with harsher punishments than recreational drugs and tests for a shitload of them less than half the ban of someone who tests positive for weed 3 times is ridiculous.

YOu make jokes about fucking weed how horrendous I would be really sucidal and regretful after testing psotiive for fucking weed how dare he not falling on his knees and pleasuring those nice AC guys orally

Law isn't supposed to work like that you give someone you like a nice punishment or assuming that someone may or may not need weed if he officially does.
You are foaming at the mouth.

Seano is so off based that it's comical. Essentially saying, oh it's your third parking ticket but we don't like you so we are going to send you to jail because we don't like being disrespected.

Honestly thats not really relevant. Thats what people aren't getting. I agree that weed is not really a big deal.
But on the other hand, it is a banned substance. Period. No ifs ands or buts about that.There is no argument about this. Its banned by the NSAC and if you fight in Nevada, then you better not have it in your system when you get tested post fight.

Diaz has shown up to fight with weed in his system not once, not twice but 3 different times. The guy refuses to follow the rules of the commission, is rude and disrespectful to the people who decide his punishment and then actually seems shocked when they tire of his bullshit and fuck him.

the only real arguments I see is that people either like nick diaz, like weed or both. The rules are clear.

No, he showed up with metabolites in his system, that could have been from two weeks prior which is perfectly within allowance since it is allowed out of competition. Their tests ARE NOT VALID, they don't tell you that you used in competition, end of story. Convenient how you and the NSAC completely overlooked the fact that he passed two out of three tests, that were WADA accredited labs.

Wow, there are a couple points people are being ignorant about, or just are just idiots.

First. Not just with an athletic commission, but an actual court systems, on any level, your attitude can ABSOLUTELY influence the officials ruling. Saying otherwise is just you talking out your ass. Being professional to the people handing out your punishment, doesnt mean blowing them or licking ass.

Second. It does not matter if he had a medical prescription in a different state for anxiety. He can speak to his doctor prior to the fight, and get another, actual medication for anxiety (there are dozens) that is actually legal in Nevada as a state and actually not banned by the NSAC.

that's it .

" boxing level " striking is a myth .

Yeah, it's far more about how strikers adapt their skills into MMA and adjust accordingly.

But a lot of vaunted strikers in MMA have been overhyped by Rogan or Zuffa. Which has led to the backlash any time someone breaks through and their striking is praised.

No, he showed up with metabolites in his system, that could have been from two weeks prior which is perfectly within allowance since it is allowed out of competition. Their tests ARE NOT VALID, they don't tell you that you used in competition, end of story. Convenient how you and the NSAC completely overlooked the fact that he passed two out of three tests, that were WADA accredited labs.

It is pretty common knowledge that marijuana tests, tests the metabolites. It is also pretty comMon knowledge they can stay in your system from up to 90 days.

So, if you are planning on fighting in Nevada within the next few months, do yourself a favor and get a prescription for klonopin, low dose ativan, or something else.

Edit: you use very important word. COULD have been from two weeks out. It also COULD have been from 5min uses prior to the test being taken.

Just like OJ COULD have murdered two people. Hell, he wrote a book about it.

Yeah, it's far more about how strikers adapt their skills into MMA and adjust accordingly.

I thought Gus looked really good, he was moving well, hitting Rumble with hard shots, he just made a mistake. With 4 ounce gloves and a monster like Rumble that's all it takes.

It is pretty common knowledge that marijuana tests, tests the metabolites. It is also pretty comMon knowledge they can stay in your system from up to 90 days.

So, if you are planning on fighting in Nevada within the next few months, do yourself a favor and get a prescription for klonopin, low dose ativan, or something else.

Do you understand the difference between IN and OUT of competition? Their own tests are invalid. How are you going to fine someone for hundreds of thousands and take their career away over a maybe? They do what they want, circus court who don't understand the law. Diaz's legal team clowned them and they got butthurt.

But a lot of vaunted strikers in MMA have been overhyped by Rogan or Zuffa. Which has led to the backlash any time someone breaks through and their striking is praised.

I was always a fan of Liddells "make a fist and hold it up and charge at the opponent" style.

You're just making this stuff up hoping it comes true. NSAC has bowed to pressure before, like when Hopkins quit against Dawson and they made it a NC, and that could happen here I guess.

But put your personal feelings aside for a minute and look at it for what it is. His 3rd failed drug test for the exact same thing, in the same state. I'm not sure why you think those tests are not valid. Its not really up to you. What makes you think that one banned substance in your system is different than any other in terms of what it means to the NSAC?

The fact that its a questionable rule means nothing.

You're just making this stuff up hoping it comes true. NSAC has bowed to pressure before, like when Hopkins quit against Dawson and they made it a NC, and that could happen here I guess.

But put your personal feelings aside for a minute and look at it for what it is. His 3rd failed drug test for the exact same thing, in the same state. I'm not sure why you think those tests are not valid. Its not really up to you. What makes you think that one banned substance in your system is different than any other in terms of what it means to the NSAC?

The fact that its a questionable rule means nothing.

lol I'm not making anything up, the tests ARE NOT VALID. They cannot prove anything. They completely ignored the two passed tests, those are the FACTS. Nick is at fault here but this whole thing is wrong and is full of errors which will be fixed in a real court room full of people who actually understand the law. Anyone who backs that commission makes me sick, you're better than this.

Back