UFC Boxing Edition

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Anyone excited for the fights on Saturday?

Excited to see if DC can use his boxing and head movement to get in range against eye poke jones.

Can't wait until Buffer announces,

"And neeeeeeewww champion of the world Blaccccckkkkkk Feeeeeeeeddddoooorrrrr Daniel Cormier!!!"

ibp3SnGecoARWU.gif

Daniel_Cormier_vs._Pat_Cummins_2.gif

aysyrl.gif

DC-goldbond_zps5cc98320.gif

I think Jones will win with height/reach, elbows, stamina and especially kicks Cormier doesn't like getting kicked and Jones will ruthlessly target his knees and spam long kicks against Cormier.

I'm calling it right now...DC by overhand right. Can't wait!

I gotta say, I AM looking forward to watching this one. Never watched a full fight with the Cormier, but from the clips I've seen, looks like DC's has some heavy hands. Do they really call him Black Fedor? Haha if not, they should, that's pretty good man.

I favour Cormier. He'll get inside at will and get the better of the in-fighting. My two concerns are Cormier's gas tank (even though he has gone 5 rounds before, against Jones he'll have to keep a high pace and he is in his mid 30s) and his tendency to slip right too far and too predictably. He might be vulnerable to Jones' left high kick and knees (in the same way Gus was late in their fight). Other than that, I think Cormier definitely gets the better of him on the inside and that's where most of this fight will be contested.

Black Fedor will have to pressure relentlessly. He can't let Jones settle and start using his giraffe-like reach.

I think Cormier can have his sweet way with him if they grapple, but it all comes down to whether or not Cormier can pressure at the right range and impose his will.

Dan isnt going to stand with him. There will be no boxing in this match

DC is the power puncher/swarmer in the fight. He's like Tyson in body type, short but heavily built and quick on his feet with heavy hands. DC can kick aswell as knee in the clinch and he's the most decorated wrestler in the UFC with great top game.

Jones has a history of making shorter guys hesitate though with his low side kicks which really stifles forward movement, this could pose a problem for DC closing the distance. He also has his arm length that keeps his opponents at bay. He doesn't have much of a jab though, but he has his kicks to pick DC apart from the outside.

I see this fight being very competitive. It's going to be the biggest test in both mens careers.

DC is the power puncher/swarmer in the fight. He's like Tyson in body type, short but heavily built and quick on his feet with heavy hands.

Cormier has heavy hands? I don't know man. He has good speed & accuracy but not big power imo.

Cormier has heavy hands? I don't know man. He has good speed & accuracy but not big power imo.

Cormier KO'd Bigfoot Silva cold.

I favor Cormier, but I see jones's inside elbows being a problem for Cormier. Plus jones has better striking defense that given credit for. Glover is one of the better boxers at LHW and jones mauled him against the wall, transitioning between the different types of clinch and even using what looked to me like a primitive shoulder roll to evade his punches. With that said, Cormier will dump him on his head and maul him at will if they get into the wrestling clinch, where he can unload powerful punches.

Cormier KO'd Bigfoot Silva cold.

I thought it was fairly well known that Silva has a weak chin? Out of his 6 losses 5 of them have been tko or ko

Also, I don't think low kicks will be that big a factor, I could see Cormier catching them and using them to set up trips, ankle picks, takedowns, and punches etc...

I favor Cormier, but I see jones's inside elbows being a problem for Cormier. Plus jones has better striking defense that given credit for. Glover is one of the better boxers at LHW and jones mauled him against the wall, transitioning between the different types of clinch and even using what looked to me like a primitive shoulder roll to evade his punches. With that said, Cormier will dump him on his head and maul him at will if they get into the wrestling clinch, where he can unload powerful punches.

I have not seen either fight outside of gifs in the gif thread. But based on what people are picking in this thread, I am going with Creamier. He is a solid bet.

I favour Cormier. He'll get inside at will and get the better of the in-fighting. My two concerns are Cormier's gas tank (even though he has gone 5 rounds before, against Jones he'll have to keep a high pace and he is in his mid 30s) and his tendency to slip right too far and too predictably. He might be vulnerable to Jones' left high kick and knees (in the same way Gus was late in their fight). Other than that, I think Cormier definitely gets the better of him on the inside and that's where most of this fight will be contested.

I noticed that slipping thing too. I can't remember what fight it was but someone cracked with a body kick and he didn't like it very much. I keep going back and forth between who I think is going to win but at this point I think DC's wrestling and pressure will just be too much.

I thought it was fairly well known that Silva has a weak chin? Out of his 6 losses 5 of them have been tko or ko

Getting TKO'd doesn't mean you have a weak chin. That's a referee stoppage not a pure KO. Only two of Bigfoots 6 losses were via an actual KO, the most recent was too Arlovski who KO'd Big Country(Who's supposed to have one of the best chins in MMA) back in 2008.

Inversely DC only has two pure KO's himself, but he doesn't rely purely on his striking to win fights, doesn't mean he doesn't have power though.

Getting TKO'd doesn't mean you have a weak chin.

A weak chin can lead to a TKO or a ko. 5 tko/ k o's in 6 losses says alot. And he may have more than that before his career is over.

Back