UFC Boxing Edition V2

Shael

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
1423360853-tumblr_njax93WAqK1repr6zo1_500.jpg

FedorIceCream.jpg

Just makes them fight harder for those locker room bonuses brah.

Yep, that extra $5,000 goes a long way. Instead of losing money on the endeavor after their expenses are paid out, that little bit extra allows these guys/gals at least an oriental noodle diet for a month or two.

Remember when McCorkle tried to defend the UFC pay a couple years ago? I did some rough calculations in my head and figured he earned $30,000 as the co-main of a GSP card. I asked him on twitter and he confirmed it. In fact he said it was just a little bit less than that. $30,000 as the co-main for a fight in a high profile division on a card that grossed well over $50 million in revenue.

These fighters need to get their heads out of their asses and realize the value they bring. From the lowest paid guys all the way to and especially the highest paid guys. Remember a year or so ago when Dana said the most they've ever paid a fighter was $5 million for one fight? Even if you believe his words, that be a joke considering how much revenue some of these PPV events have done.

A source today from aldos camp said win or lose this could be the last time he steps in the ring.

This is more confirmation to me that Aldo is done mentally. This is dangerous when facing an up and coming lion.

Prime vs prime imn picking aldo but I think he's ripe for the picking

I had a short discussion with somebody in the heavies yesterday who said Tito Ortiz had no room to complain about what he was paid since he made a million dollars (Tito's quote) for the rematch with Liddell. One million dollars for a PPV that was estimated to have done over 1 million PPV buys in addition to doing over a $5 million gate plus whatever other revenue. That pay is utter shit compared to the true value he brought to the card.

A source today from aldos camp said win or lose this could be the last time he steps in the ring.

This is more confirmation to me that Aldo is done mentally. This is dangerous when facing an up and coming lion.

Prime vs prime imn picking aldo but I think he's ripe for the picking

Aldo is still in his prime.

I think he got a bad deal but he did basically went the wrong way about things.. you can say f the system but got to do it with sweet words

McGregor gets a lot of heat from his fellow UFC fighers, but because he's one of the very few who has some semblance of the value his name and presence brings to a UFC event, those same fighters may end up owing him a depth of gratitude in the end.

Aldo is still in his prime.

No not even close. He has a ton of milage under his record.

I can use the eye test and see him aging a little bit. He's not far removed from prime but he's not the same animal.

His lat few fights he's been getting tagged more n more

Why did the mods lock the other thread?

I had a short discussion with somebody in the heavies yesterday who said Tito Ortiz had no room to complain about what he was paid since he made a million dollars (Tito's quote) for the rematch with Liddell. One million dollars for a PPV that was estimated to have done over 1 million PPV buys in addition to doing over a $5 million gate plus whatever other revenue. That pay is utter shit compared to the true value he brought to the card.

That's amazing when you consider that Tito was viewed as being better at getting what he was worth back then. In Chuck's book he said that Tito was trying to get him to push for more dough, Chuck was just happy to jump in when asked and fight whoever.

No not even close. He has a ton of milage under his record.

I can use the eye test and see him aging a little bit. He's not far removed from prime but he's not the same animal.

His lat few fights he's been getting tagged more n more

He's 28 years old, in the majority of his fights he cruises. The only fight where he took real damage was in the Mendes rematch really. I don't see any slippage in speed or skill. The more you press Aldo the more dangerous and nasty he becomes, which is why this fight will be awesome.

Who is Fedor fighting? Is he finally going to give Big Tim a rematch?

Hopefully we see a fighter's union soon for representation in mma and in boxing.

He's 28 years old, in the majority of his fights he cruises. The only fight where he took real damage was in the Mendes rematch really. I don't see any slippage in speed or skill. The more you press Aldo the more dangerous and nasty he becomes, which is why this fight will be awesome.

Agreed... he's not in his absolute prime.. but he's pretty close... I see this fight playing out like the Florian fight..

Who is Fedor fighting? Is he finally going to give Big Tim a rematch?

No clue. HW is already shallow in the UFC and practically a wasteland outside the UFC.

He trained out of his garage for the Davis fight in Connecticut and was having family issues iirc. Glover is a really good fighter, sound in all areas. Him vs Gus would make a good main or co-main event I think. Glover's last two performances have been really good imo.

that's how I feel as well. He's slow, and a little chinny, those are his weaknesses, maybe his conditioning could be a little better too. But overall, a very well rounded fighter with a dangerous ground game and good power.

I think Gus beats him up though, he's too mobile and he's excellent at counter wrestling.

Wand was 32 when feel off his prime. Some fall off before others especially if they are training and sparring hard. Lots of wear n tear.

Why do you think sources say he might retire?

I see your point but you'll see

that's how I feel as well. He's slow, and a little chinny, those are his weaknesses, maybe his conditioning could be a little better too. But overall, a very well rounded fighter with a dangerous ground game and good power.

I think Gus beats him up though, he's too mobile and he's excellent at counter wrestling.

Just depends where the fight takes place, at range Gus would win, in a phonebooth Glover has a good shot at winning.

Shogun was another one but his was due to injury

Just depends where the fight takes place, at range Gus would win, in a phonebooth Glover has a good shot at winning.

I agree, but I really think that Gus's overall output and length keeps this at bay and allows him to drown Glover out, especially since he's so mobile and has such a good chin. Plus, Gus is hard to takedown and has a sneaky way of mixing in his takedowns, I think its an awful matchup for glover tbh.

Wand was 32 when feel off his prime. Some fall off before others especially if they are training and sparring hard. Lots of wear n tear.

I see your point but you'll see

Wand was in a ton of wars and took a shit ton of damage, Aldo is very good defensively but in this fight I think both guys are going to take a beating. I honestly don't know why Andy Souwer said that, he also said that Aldo has been killing guys for 5-6 rounds in sparring which isn't like him. I don't think Aldo has the type of money where he would walk away at 29 years old, especially when he could explode after this fight with a big win.

It's just his sparring partner getting that vibe that Aldo has too many issues with UFC management.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/...-believes-jose-aldo-will-retire-after-ufc-194

"Souwer believes that a complicated relationship between Aldo and the UFC brass might contribute to his decision to retire, especially after the featherweight champion pulled out from a UFC 189 clash with McGregor due to a rib injury.

So I think he's done with it. And ready. I will agree," Souwer said. "Whatever he is thinking, it's his decision. But I think it will be good for him."

Heading into what could be the last fight of his mixed martial arts career, Aldo is different than his previous training camps, Souwer says.

"The training was hard but fun, I never saw him like this before," said the Dutch. "Because I always saw him a little bit, almost stubborn, but this time I don’t know what happened he has a big smile. Almost every fight, every preparation that I help him, he is always in the first two rounds, he is okay, he’s good, then slows down, we also could see that in his fights, but for now six rounds, six minutes, he’s fucking the guys up."st his sparring partner saying that Aldo doesn't appreciate the UFC management.

Wouldn't shock me if he fought Kimbo on New Years Eve, man that's sad to think about. Completely disappointed in his decision.

Hey check out the very first guy in this video. His stance is pretty slick. Look almost like a old school boxing stance. The fight is super quick but his stance is what caught my eye. Up until he switches he looks sharp.

Wand was in a ton of wars and took a shit ton of damage, Aldo is very good defensively but in this fight I think both guys are going to take a beating. I honestly don't know why Andy Souwer said that, he also said that Aldo has been killing guys for 5-6 rounds in sparring which isn't like him. I don't think Aldo has the type of money where he would walk away at 29 years old, especially when he could explode after this fight with a big win.

I forgot who do you have in this fight

Rampage is under contract with the UFC, it will either be someone in Bellator or some free agent out there somewhere.

Didn't know that. Just saw that Bellator has him listed as their fighter on their site when i went looking to see who they had. Its slim pickings but I dont follow the sport and don't really know those guy to well

Hey check out the very first guy in this video. His stance is pretty slick. Look almost like a old school boxing stance. The fight is super quick but his stance is what caught my eye. Up until he switches he looks sharp.

I remember they used to bring in all these monsters for Royce to beat up. Wish there were footage of Rickson and his supposed 400-0 record lol.

It's just his sparring partner getting that vibe that Aldo has too many issues with UFC management.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/...-believes-jose-aldo-will-retire-after-ufc-194

"Souwer believes that a complicated relationship between Aldo and the UFC brass might contribute to his decision to retire, especially after the featherweight champion pulled out from a UFC 189 clash with McGregor due to a rib injury.

So I think he's done with it. And ready. I will agree," Souwer said. "Whatever he is thinking, it's his decision. But I think it will be good for him."

Heading into what could be the last fight of his mixed martial arts career, Aldo is different than his previous training camps, Souwer says.

"The training was hard but fun, I never saw him like this before," said the Dutch. "Because I always saw him a little bit, almost stubborn, but this time I don’t know what happened he has a big smile. Almost every fight, every preparation that I help him, he is always in the first two rounds, he is okay, he’s good, then slows down, we also could see that in his fights, but for now six rounds, six minutes, he’s fucking the guys up."st his sparring partner saying that Aldo doesn't appreciate the UFC management.

Translation, wants more money. Which he will get with this fight and after.

I forgot who do you have in this fight

Picking Aldo but can see McGregor winning, coin flip fight. I think it's going to be a war, a classic. I just think Aldo is skilled enough to counter Conor consistently. I'm worried about Conor's stance too, he is open to getting his lead leg kicked and Aldo can destroy it if he doesn't deal with that. It's an extremely intriguing fight.

Why did the mods lock the other thread?

Oh, the thread was deemed useless.
People just realized theres a whole forum dedicated to it.
Nobody here knew i guess.

Have a feeling the Rousey vs Holm fight is gonna be more interesting than most people think.

Translation, wants more money. Which he will get with this fight and after.

If he is a prideful guy, he may also be pretty upset that Dana White basically went around downplaying his injury and implying he's a coward.

Aldo could go to another organization and make a ton of money and be treated much more fairly.

Hopefully we see a fighter's union soon for representation in mma and in boxing.

Meh. I doubt that happens any time soon, although maybe some good things can come out of this lawsuit in the end.

A lot of people may not like the way he talks, but I think Conor is a key going forward as far as fighters being better able to capitalize on their value. He's talking eight figures per fight guarantees, percentage of gate, and others things. I think that's great for him and also for other fighters as a bar will be set. If he could continue to do the numbers he did for his last PPV then he's worth that and then some. Go get it I say. It's there to be got.

That's why I'm taking conner. And I could be wrong because aldo is bad ass but this is a perfect storm.

He's got conner talking shit.
Ufc ain't backing him. Thinking of retirement. Might just be too much

Meh. I doubt that happens any time soon, although maybe some good things can come out of this lawsuit in the end.

A lot of people may not like the way he talks, but I think Conor is a key going forward as far as fighters being better able to capitalize on their value. He's talking eight figures per fight guarantees, percentage of gate, and others things. I think that's great for him and also for other fighters as a bar will be set. If he could continue to do the numbers he did for his last PPV then he's worth that and then some. Go get it I say. It's there to be got.

Gonna take some big name fighters to come out and make it happen. I agree with you about Conor and hopefully that lawsuit leads to some type of change, if financials get leaked it could be very interesting.

If he is a prideful guy, he may also be pretty upset that Dana White basically went around downplaying his injury and implying he's a coward.

Aldo could go to another organization and make a ton of money and be treated much more fairly.

I thought that was Conor who was the one that was doing that? I can't remember, Conor said it was just a bruised rib but Aldo couldn't train or run or do anything so there was no way he was gonna be able to even make weight. I'm not sure he could leave, there may be a champion's clause in play.

Have a feeling the Rousey vs Holm fight is gonna be more interesting than most people think.

It should be Ronda is fighting the most dangerous striker in mma a decorated 67x world champion

I thought that was Conor who was the one that was doing that? I can't remember, Conor said it was just a bruised rib but Aldo couldn't train or run or do anything so there was no way he was gonna be able to even make weight. I'm not sure he could leave, there may be a champion's clause in play.

Nah.. Dana played a role.. Dana is a dick sometimes.. He picks his favorites and treats the other fighters like shit..that's why Rhonda getting fucked up was sweet..not so much because I don't like Rhonda..I do.. but I know it burned the shit out of Dana.. and this fight will too

Nah.. Dana played a role.. Dana is a dick sometimes.. He picks his favorites and treats the other fighters like shit..that's why Rhonda getting fucked up was sweet..not so much because I don't like Rhonda..I do.. but I know it burned the shit out of Dana.. and this fight will too

I agree he does do that, I just can't remember him saying anything negative about this particular situation. He said on an interview that Aldo's injury was too painful and that he would have to pull out.

UFC 194 bout order set and it's awesome, can't wait for that.

See.. Dana is saying "COnor's doing things that have never been done in the UFC"... no he isn't! lol.. wtf is he doing that hasn't been done? Fighting in a division that he doesnt even belong in and winning as a result? That's been done... Meanwhile, the person that is really doing shit that hasn't been done is getting constantly snubbed..fuck Dana man...

Gonna take some big name fighters to come out and make it happen. I agree with you about Conor and hopefully that lawsuit leads to some type of change, if financials get leaked it could be very interesting.

They don't even need to be a big name fighter necessarily. Just someone who can use Conor's (if he gets those deals) contract to better represented their own value to the company. If Conor makes say $10 million in guarantees for selling apx 800,000 PPVs, a guy who sells maybe 300,000 can say I should get a $4 million guarantee. Or maybe a little less than that and it's $3 million guaranteed since a lot of the UFC expenses would be nearly the same for all their PPV shows. These guys can use Conor's deal as a benchmark for comparison and determine their own value. Trickle down effect as well.

I agree he does do that, I just can't remember him saying anything negative about this particular situation. He said on an interview that Aldo's injury was too painful and that he would have to pull out.

Ill try and find the video.. it was the way he said what he was saying... "Aldo says he can't fight"...it wasn't.. "Aldo has been injured"... it was "Aldo says he can't fight"

Back