UFC Blooper: Nate VS Conor is for the WW-title.

iWas

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
No love for Tyron, UFC are giving away his title. ;)

UFC_202.png

If Conor wins they will probably give him WW title, call first fight a fluke and so on...

If Conor wins they will probably give him WW title, call first fight a fluke and so on...

I hope even Conor fans know it's better for the MMA world that he loses. It might be better for Nate to lose money wise, but they're not going to make a 3rd fight any time soon if he loses. They're going to ride that avenged loss shit for any dollar they can get.

I nailed it in one of my threads. And the scenario the ufc is visualizing is this:

If Conor beats Nate, they´ll let him have a shot at WW first.

Forget about the Aldo fight...

if he loses to the WW champ (which he would), he´s gonna ask for the trilogy with Nate.
The ufc will bend over backwards to accomodate him.
He fights Diaz for the trilogy.... hardcore fans complain, nutthuggers love it.... everyone will watch.

Forget about the Aldo fight...

he gets a crack at the LW champion now, cause it wouldn´t make sense another shot at the WW division, unless of course the first fight with the WW champ was a crazy war or a controversial split decision, then the ufc would give him an immediate rematch against the WW champ including another world tour to promote Conor "it´s all about the movement" Mc Gregor and the "other guy"... even better plans for the ufc.... the triology with Nate would come after that....

forget about the Aldo fight....

Suppose all the ufc plans go right and he beats the LW champ this time, the ufc will eternalize his name as the goat living god to ever walk the earth and they´ll write poems about him....

Oh, and forget about the Aldo fight.

Last edited:
I hope even Conor fans know it's better for the MMA world that he loses. It might be better for Nate to lose money wise, but they're not going to make a 3rd fight any time soon if he loses. They're going to ride that avenged loss shit for any dollar they can get.
Wouldn't it be better for the world if Conor wins so there could be a rubber match somewhere down the line?

Wouldn't it be better for the world if Conor wins so there could be a rubber match somewhere down the line?

You'd think so. Problem is, it won't happen. They're not going to have the same fighters fight 3 times in a row, and they're going to hype Conor to no end if he wins. They won't risk him losing again crashing the hype train. Never mind holding up the FWD etc.

FWIW, I'd watch them fight 10x over. Regardless of what side anyone is on, I think we can all agree every fight will be fun as fuck to watch.

Hah. Conor will probably get an immediate LW title shot if he wins this fight.

He'll get mauled at WW. But things look set for him to get the LW title shot, he doesn't deserve it, but such is today's UFC. If he wins it, it will be short lived. They can't deny Khabib forever.

Back