UFC attempting to trademark “BMF” and Baddest Motherf***er

Out of the things that i complain about, this is not one of them.

Some of you need to understand that the UFC is en entertainement company just like WWE

So they copied something from Pulp Fiction, altered it slightly, and are now trademarking it. Quentin Tarantino should sue.

It's kind of pathetic actually.

It would be like someone trademarking the Ultimate Fighters' Championship.

yea, the baddest mother fuckers in the world are two guys that have never sniffed a title.

<YeahOKJen>
Imo its a very funny hypocrisy when at the same time White talks about fixing boxings problems with too much titles and undeserving contenders <Lmaoo>

These 'baddest mother fuckers' can't even win a belt in the UFC. I still remember when RDA and Bendo thrashed Nate with ease.
And the so called BMF got whooped by a fighter making women noise

BMF belt should only be fought for under shoot box rules.

I agree with what you said. I'm still entertained.

Only weasel thing here is - it was Nate's idea, Nate's concept. He loses the fight or retires, the belt stays with the UFC, they make money off of that gimmick and pay nothing to Nate. He should be getting royalties every time a commentator mentions the name.
Should've trademarked it.

Straight money grab by the UFC. Diaz may regret not trademarking it first, but he's only concerned about the payday.

no way they get it trademarked. People were using BMF long before they wanted to make this belt, cowboys ranch was/is referred to as BMF Ranch. 0% chance they get it.

no way they get it trademarked. People were using BMF long before they wanted to make this belt, cowboys ranch was/is referred to as BMF Ranch. 0% chance they get it.

Yeah I highly doubt they get it Trademarked. It would be unbelievably stupid if they did.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bmfs

BMF
stands for bad motherfucker. popularized by Samuel L. Jackson in the movie Pulp Fiction.

by David Winokur May 17, 2005

edit: there's an earlier one from 2002 as well.

Sounds like Diaz & Masvidal playing right into Dana's hand playing on their tough hispanic upbringing and roots exploiting their heritage. Don't do it brothers don't play into the man hands do it on your terms. At least don't let them take your BMF brand you created that sh!t I heard you use it, make sure you get a cut...

blaxploitation350px.png

This is idiocracy level shit.
Seriously what the fuck is our species doing?
I mean I shouldn't be surprised that a promoter/profession built around exploiting guys who fight each other would come up with this, but still...come on guys.

We live in a world where people pretend to enjoy camping yet have no problem with throwing cigarette butts into the ocean/street/etc. People are trash.

Okay, this whole BMF thing was great at first but now that Dana/WME are on board it's lame as hell. It's like your parents trying to use hip-hop slang, please stop. :(

If the UFC is successful with its applications they will not only be able to monetize the terms, but they will also be able to prevent anyone else from doing the same — including those who popularized the term; including fighters (most notably), media, and fans.
Other than...you know....paying the fighters for the actual fight and promoting the term in a way it should never have been promoted.

The UFC has officially jumped the shark this time. The ultimate goal of a professional athlete is to reach the top of the mountain and win a championship. The UFC is now completely illegitmizing their championship belts by making this asinine fake title. Even the WWE belts hold merit than this wannabe BMF bs. And does anyone actually believe Masdival and Diaz are the two best guys to be fighting for this? 10+ losses for both of them, hardly spells BMF to me. Unless getting your ass kicked over and over makes you a BMF then I stand corrected.

Ultimately this just continues to show that the UFC has an expiration date at some point. Eventually people are going to get tired of these circus acts and want to see the best guys fight each other for real belts.

So the baddest motherfucker according to dana white will either be a guy who lost to bendo or another guy who lost to bendo? Love the fight, and if you wanna give em a prop belt go for it, but foooorrrr suuuuurrrreeee call it something else. King of the streets idc 100 percent

Wait.......this isn't a joke? Theres actually gonna be a BMF belt? Is this like the intercontinental belt? What a fucking joke
not 100% sure but from what i've seen, Dana White IS intending to make some kind of physical BMF belt. Its a bit silly I guess but......as long as it's a great event I don't care too much about BMF belt or no BMF belt.

Back