Media UFC Arabia interview with Dana White

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

- On Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Pena - looking to rebook fight but not sure when

- Derrick Lewis vs Ciryl Gane: "it literally doesn't get anyone better this" says he loves Derrick's style, knockouts etc, Ciryl's style of movement etc

- on a potential UFC event in France: "we'll go anywhere we can sell out" until the timing is right etc

- possibility of multiple cards in near future for Fight Island, currently sorting out plans with Abu Dhabi partners, "massive plans" in the works

- for UFC 266: "big plans" to be announced for international fight week

- on Nick Diaz / Diaz brothers: "they do things their own way", Diaz / Lawler 2 "is a fun fight", has been talking about it for a long time

- on fighters moving down in weight: "these guys are in control of their own lives, do their own thing", Performance Institute gives advice on proper moves to make

- Nicco Montano "has a hard time making weight" regardless of weight class, "this may not be the sport for her" "look at Nicco and how many times this has happened"

- on Cody Garbrandt, possibility of Moreno match up "that's a fun fight, we'll see how things play out"

- on Islam: "I wouldn't say it's hard to find guys to fight him" "now that he's higher ranked, these guys will fight him" "RDA is a savage, that guy will fight anybody"

- on Islam star potential: "it's up to him now, continue to win, stay active" "could possibly be the next Khabib"

- on Paulo Costa vs Marvin Vettori: "every Saturday, we got fights for you. If you're ready to fight, we're here. apparently he's ready to fight now"

- hasn't talked to Conor McGregor since night of trilogy fight, doesn't know anything about alleged wheelchair boxing match

- not sure about McGregor's first fight back being Poirier again, too far away and doesn't think that far into the future

- on AJ McKee: "I owe him lunch? that's awesome, if I said it I will keep my word and buy him lunch" didn't see fight

So they rebooking Amanda probably near the end of the year or early 2022.

Uhm, that woman is showing her face...

49a6e4.png

on AJ McKee: "I owe him lunch? that's awesome, if I said it I will keep my word and buy him lunch" didn't see fight
Does this suggest he's interested in possibly signing McKee?

Back