Media UFC Antitrust case reveals USADA drug testing is part of 'fighter compensation'

nhbfan8080

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Last edited:
I mean, what else are they supposed to do, they spend that money on the fighters and report it as an amount that is given/used on the fighter.

The UFC pays for surgeries and such required from injuries sustained during fights/training camps for fights right? If they do, not sure how it's that crazy, I feel like most large companies would do this.

I mean, what else are they supposed to do, they spend that money on the fighters and report it as an amount that is given/used on the fighter.

The UFC pays for surgeries and such required from injuries sustained during fights/training camps for fights right? If they do, not sure how it's that crazy, I feel like most large companies would do this.

They don’t pay for shit! Lol

Unfuckingreal lol

Reebok vouchers and random piss tests, thanks uncle dana!

<31>

I'm not at all certain they pay for injuries. Certain guys under certain circumstances ya, but I don't think that's a regular practice

I'm not at all certain they pay for injuries. Certain guys under certain circumstances ya, but I don't think that's a regular practice
Fighters are covered by insurance on fight night as well as 50k a year in coverage for anything accidental occuring during training or otherwise.

Fighters are covered by insurance on fight night as well as 50k a year in coverage for anything accidental occuring during training or otherwise.

The entirety of the cost of their insurance is covered by the UFC?

UFC keeping things classy, as usual.

Whats next, do the fighters have to buy the octagon they fight in for each event as well?

Do you have a source for this? Not that I don't believe you, I just wanna read up more on it. I found an article on ESPN from 2010 that said they jumped to the aid of Brock Lesnar, and left Joe Stevenson in the dust, but that was a long time ago.

The UFC is squirming at the fact that the fighters' cut of the revenue is below other sporting leagues so they are trying to pump up that figure, their own figures say 20-21% (highest). So it looks bad for the UFC by trying to bullshit pad that figure with things like drug testing. Drug/USADA testing doesn't automatically comes to mind when you think about 'fighter pay'.

Duh, it’s a benefit to have a shady group claim you’re clean!

Well for smaller Orgs, aren’t fighters responsible for obtaining their own license? I guess there are costs like drug testing and physicals to do that. In this case the UFC pays for it and not the fighters.

@Frode Falch I’m not sure your full experience bet your the first purple name that popped in my head. How far off am I? Do pros pay for their own license and the requirements to obtain said license usually? Or is that different from org to org?

There is nothing wrong with this from an accounting standpoint. Many companies include insurance, employee benefits, licensing fees, etc. as part of the named account for employee compensation.

Back