UFC and Soccer... UFC has replaced boxing and it's here to stay

Because it's easier and MMA fighters suffer from less brain trauma.

PS: Boxing and footwork is the best stand up variant possible. Boxing will never die, it will always be trained. MMA fighters train boxing all the time.
Boxing won't die but its becoming seriously irrelevant, their PPV market is dead.

I'd love to see the stats and trends for Baseball & Boxing vs. Soccer & MMA for people under 25yo (or even under 30-35yo non latinos).

I was just reading this yesterday:
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/12/baseballs-advertising-worries-linger.html

It might take time (these things take time), but I agree with the guy:
I too think Soccer and MMA will "swallow" Baseball and Boxing ( I'd guess before 2035)
52d7ca7f83d10.image.jpg

This guy is going to make 35 million dollars from salary alone this year.

"Baseball is dying"

giphy.gif

I'm not sure if this is a troll thread or not (dammit it's hard to tell sometimes!) but for reference; in the recent European championships Iceland played and beat England in the second round. 99.8% of the entire population of Iceland watched the game that night. Only 298 people were not watching! How many do u think watched ufc 200? I mean, I don't know the answer but if I had to guess I'd say it's probably not far off 298 ironically

it was actually 99.8% of tv viewers in iceland that night were watching that match.

big difference. yet still impressive.

Conor couldn't make it in in the amateur boxing circuit in Ireland, so he went to MMA.

Let that settle in, buddeh.

Boxing > MMA in skill

Lesnar trained for 2 years in MMA and became UFC champ. LoL, that would NEVER happen in boxing.
Lesnar trained wrestling since he was a boy. Wrestling is a very important aspect of MMA.

So the UFC are going to have a purpose built stadium in most cities around a majority of the world?

A contact sport that boils down to couple of people beating the shit out of each other will never surpass other mainstream sports. Violence isn't for everybody.

This guy is going to make 35 million dollars from salary alone this year.
"Baseball is dying"
I don't think it's a good argument.

The stats seem to show that Baseball is suffering a lot among the new generations.
The fact that plenty of guys who play what used to be "America's favorite pastime" still make bank, doesn't disproof that Baseball seems to be slowly declining.
This stuff takes a very long time. It's not "tomorrow".

70 years ago probably many wouldn't have expected American Football to surpass baseball, either.
Look where the NFL and MLB stand today.
Look how many among the youth watch the NBA vs. the MLB.
Relatively speaking, Baseball it's already kind of dying.

A contact sport that boils down to couple of people beating the shit out of each other will never surpass other mainstream sports. Violence isn't for everybody.

Boxing was once pretty much the only sport in the world... mini car crashes occur every down in the NFL

Conor couldn't make it in in the amateur boxing circuit in Ireland, so he went to MMA.

Let that settle in, buddeh.

Boxing > MMA in skill

Lesnar trained for 2 years in MMA and became UFC champ. LoL, that would NEVER happen in boxing.

At least Lesnar has an extensive background in wrestling, which is a huge component of MMA.

Travis Browne had no martial arts training until he was 26 and now he's a top 10 heavyweight.

NOW THAT is a embarrassing.

When you compare combat sport and soccer. It seams that combat sport is very top heavy when it comes to interest. Its very mainstream for big fights but has a much smaller audience when it comes to lesser known fighters.
Germany's soccer league had an attendance of 33 million last season, those people didn't all just watch the big games from Bayern Munich. Even some bottom teams still had 40,000 people per game. And you have a reasonable attendance in the second or 3rd division as well.
How many people are interested in the prelims fights of a UFC event. Or a fight between two boxers ranked outside the top 20?

Boxing was once pretty much the only sport in the world... mini car crashes occur every down in the NFL

When there's no diversity, people will go for whatever to satiate their need for entertainment. Panem et circenses, filium meum.

Looks another circle jerk between all the "Football" lames

Nobody in america you know the best country in the entire world cares about your shitty sport

LOL @ the most popular sport in the world. Yeah in the third world lmfao

UFC > Boxing... in MURICA, right?

MURICA = world...

#makemuricagreatagain

Looks another circle jerk between all the "Football" lames

Nobody in america you know the best country in the entire world cares about your shitty sport

LOL @ the most popular sport in the world. Yeah in the third world lmfao

I despise soccer but the fact remains, it is the most popular sport worldwide. Deal with it.

Manchester United worth 3.5 billion, UFC worth 4 billion.

Yeah, it's bigger than soccer though.

Back