UFC and judging

It's not the UFC. Athletic commissions officiate fights and choose the judges.
These idiots think Dana himself hires the judges and refs. Like that wouldn't be a blatant conflict of interest. Jeez, the stupidity around here.

Did somebody lose money???

There were no horrid or baffling decisions yesterday. Not 1. The Phillips 1st could have been a 10-8 and 1 judge saw it that way.. Then he inexplicably gassed out and deserved to lose.

I thought Sandhagen was going to get the close win, but was not disappointed with the decision.

Cry more when there’s a better reason, mkay? Mkay.

Your blind if you can't see the corrupt judging.

Your blind if you can't see the corrupt judging.
Could be.. Been some ones in the past, and especially Bellator that have been inexplicable.. But the ufc probably wanted Phillips last night, and there was no insane robbery that occurred.

I know the athletic commissions employ the judges but we get the same ones every time. I'm sure the UFC has major input as to who judges their fights. Especially in Vegas/

Mainly talking about the Maycee fight. If you don't think the UFC wanted her to win and doesn't influence the judging I don't know what to say. Even the announcers were pulling for Maycee, except maybe Cormier afterwards. No, I don't bet on any fights for this very reason. Maycee got smoked. At least 29-28 and there could be a argument for 30-27.

Because TJ can be promoted and Sandhagen not.
These judges serve the UFC. All close fights go to the more marketable fighters.

Judges shouldn't sit together. The 3 judges should have no contact with eachother. They should be seperated.
They should also be filmed during the fight. Everyone can see what happened during the fight. This can be shown after the fight.
The judges don't sit together. They watch the fight from 3 different sides of the octagon.

Mainly talking about the Maycee fight. If you don't think the UFC wanted her to win and doesn't influence the judging I don't know what to say. Even the announcers were pulling for Maycee, except maybe Cormier afterwards. No, I don't bet on any fights for this very reason. Maycee got smoked. At least 29-28 and there could be a argument for 30-27.
Not sure why the UFC would want to rig it for Maycee. Maverick is almost the same age, had almost the same record, is just as attractive, and had actually won her last two fights.

Judging in combat sports looks rigged to have the most incompetent people possible. Jones should have lost a second time by now.

The consistently have the worst judging on the planet

1. They dont pick the judges.

2. A typical close fight like TJ vs Sandhagen should be a draw. You should not blame the judges, but you should blame the flawed reward system

1. They dont pick the judges.

2. A typical close fight like TJ vs Sandhagen should be a draw. You should not blame the judges, but you should blame the flawed reward system

Only read the first post, huh?

Bad judging has unfortunately become part of the sport..

10.gif

'Don't leave it in the judges hands' rings true..

One of the worst calls, if not the worst, in UFC history

Last edited:
How is it the UFC being generally agreed as the top of the chain in MMA organizations continues to put the same judges in the same chairs continually. Same way with the referees. The consistently have the worst judging on the planet and I watch every MMA org. that I can find. NONE are this bad and it's not just Sal. Remember, 2 judges were continually in the wrong on many decisions. I give up.
Athletic commissions are to blame man.

They've been fucking up boxing long before MMA was mainstream.

Did somebody lose money???

There were no horrid or baffling decisions yesterday. Not 1. The Phillips 1st could have been a 10-8 and 1 judge saw it that way.. Then he inexplicably gassed out and deserved to lose.

I thought Sandhagen was going to get the close win, but was not disappointed with the decision.

Cry more when there’s a better reason, mkay? Mkay.
What about maverick vs barber

Because TJ can be promoted and Sandhagen not.
These judges serve the UFC. All close fights go to the more marketable fighters.

Judges shouldn't sit together. The 3 judges should have no contact with eachother. They should be seperated.
They should also be filmed during the fight. Everyone can see what happened during the fight. This can be shown after the fight.

Yeah judges should not sit together because they are constantly judging each other and don't get on very well

Back