UFC Amateur Hour: What is going on?

Phanuel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First of all Sherdoggers -- let it be known!

This is in no means a thread bashing the UFC...No! No! Nooooooo my friends.

Instead this is a thread to shine light on the latest blunders bloopers and all around Amateur Hour Shenanigans that has transpired so far in the year 2015.

- The Great Fall of Cocoa-mo Jones. -- UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones Hit and Run - Fleas cops. - their greatest fighter with so much talent can't stop the cocoa - boozin and ballin on bitches - gets in trouble once again.

*Wanderlei Silva suspended indefinitely - UFC won't grant Silva release.

*Anderson Silva tests hot for teh juice. - tainted samples or was the Spider really using?

*The Reebok Deal - pissed off a ton of fighters, as of right now - black and white color scheme gives me visions of a 1984 Orwellian Society.

*Stitch Duran Fiasco - while giving an interview gives his honest opinion and is fired for it. (of course in retrospect the UFC denies this is the reason for Durans firing...... "Riiiggggggghhhhhht")

*UFC Match making - I think we've been watching the UFC long enough to come to the conclusion matches are decided by the old "toss some names in a hat - close your eyes and draw" method. -- seems to really be working out good.

*UFC Judging - Corrupt? But this is really nothing new. Although it is odd MMA still can not seem to find competent/just judges. Maybe some ex-UFC fighters would make great judges - Referees.

*NSAC Anderson Silva Hearing - unprofessional and really brought attention to how big of a shit show the NSAC really is.

*Rousey Vs. Tate 3? Hahaha ....just kidding *********s - Ronda's getting served a nice can of Holly Holm to bring in the 2016 year.

Any more you can think of? Feel free to share.

*Note to mods - just pointing out some of the more disappointing aspects of the UFC that we all can discuss without getting into a pissing match.

UFC / Zuffa/ Dana has done great things for the UFC and I really can't see anyone else running the organization Zuffa has built up to where it is today -- but still they have flaws -- lets talk about them and try to fix it.

8rWSPVW.gif

You realize saying I'm not bashing the Ufc but then going on to bash them is still bashing them?

If I say this isn't my dick I'm whipping out and then I whip my dick out it's still my dick.

TS calling Holly Holm a can. I wouldn't go that far. Rousey just has no one left to fight aside from Cyborg. Did anyone here honestly think Tate had a chance against Rousey?

You realize saying I'm not bashing the Ufc but then going on to bash them is still bashing them?

If I say this isn't my dick I'm whipping out and then I whip my dick out it's still my dick.

If you want to improve a product you have to also be able to discuss the negative aspect as well - we can't always just pat the UFC on the back for doing a great job.

In order to improve the product we all love -- (thats why we post on sherdog) then lets discuss the negative and try to fix it.

Don't be a little pampered baby.

At least 2015 has been eventful.

I'll take a crazy year like this over the doldrums of 2014 any day.

* The Great Fall of Cocoa-mo Jones. - Not UFC's fault. Jones is a grown man. You can't deny the whole thing was very entertaining.

*Wanderlei Silva suspended indefinitely - Because he keeps talking entertaining shit about the UFC.

*Anderson Silva tests hot for teh juice. - Silva embarrassed himself with his entertaining BS defense. Nothing to do with the UFC.

*The Reebok Deal - where would all this fighter pay drama be without the Reebok deal? Excellent work by the UFC to create drama. Watching Kennedy and Schaub cry was very enjoyable.

*Stitch Duran Fiasco - nobody besides social justice warriors give 2 shits about Jacob Duran. The talks have already died down. It was excellent drama while it lasted.

*UFC Match making - And Mayweather is fighting Andre Berto next. This is prize fighting, the rankings are nothing more than talking points, deal with it.

*UFC Judging - Corrupt? - The UFC doesn't hire judges, the ACs do.

*NSAC Anderson Silva Hearing - Are you not entertained by the hearing? Then what's the problem?

* The Great Fall of Cocoa-mo Jones. - Not UFC's fault. Jones is a grown man. You can't deny the whole thing was very entertaining.

*Wanderlei Silva suspended indefinitely - Because he keeps talking entertaining shit about the UFC.

*Anderson Silva tests hot for teh juice. - Silva embarrassed himself with his entertaining BS defense. Nothing to do with the UFC.

*The Reebok Deal - where would all this fighter pay drama be without the Reebok deal? Excellent work by the UFC to create drama. Watching Kennedy and Schaub cry was very enjoyable.

*Stitch Duran Fiasco - nobody besides social justice warriors give 2 shits about Jacob Duran. The talks have already died down. It was excellent drama while it lasted.

*UFC Match making - And Mayweather is fighting Andre Berto next. This is prize fighting, the rankings are nothing more than talking points, deal with it.

*UFC Judging - Corrupt? - The UFC doesn't hire judges, the ACs do.

*NSAC Anderson Silva Hearing - Are you not entertained by the hearing? Then what's the problem?

lol I get what you are saying - plenty of "Entertainment" to go around but with this logic, is it safe to say the UFC is now focused on pure "entertainment" and has lost sight of the purity of MMA as the sport? The lines are being blurred between Sport and "Entertainment".

Would it be foolish of me to ask now then -- is the UFC trending towards a WWE type environment in order to achieve perceived record profits and to satisfy the consumers thirst for "entertainment"?

Everyone, this isn't my dick...

What I REALLY don't understand is how Cung Le had the UFC calling him to tell him to admit he took steroids and were "trying to guide him through the process."

BUT no one felt like calling Anderson Silva and figuring out what dumbass lunacy him and his people had concocted?

Priorities people damn.

lol I get what you are saying - plenty of "Entertainment" to go around but with this logic, is it safe to say the UFC is now focused on pure "entertainment" and has lost sight of the purity of MMA as the sport? The lines are being blurred between Sport and "Entertainment".

Would it be foolish of me to ask now then -- is the UFC trending towards a WWE type environment in order to achieve perceived record profits and to satisfy the consumers thirst for "entertainment"?

How long have you been watching MMA? Serious question

First of all. They should ban immediate rematch. To get another title shot , you need atleast one win. No immediate rematch, It would keep the division moving and present new match up.

No title shot given to someone who just got KTFO

The drugs its a problem in all the sports. Always been there and always will be.
I would use a different approach. Just legalize it but in a control way. Fighters could receive drugs to help train and gives bettter fight . I could use it to recover after injuries. Have the UFC doctors administrate the drugs

The Reebok deal , I think its good for the UFC to be partner with a blue chip company like that.
But they really have to work on their design. I dont like the way it look.
I wouldnt buy one

How long have you been watching MMA? Serious question

UFC 1 McNichols sports arena Denver Colorado.

I've been a fan since day one and have witnessed the many turns the "UFC" in particular has taken over the years.

In regards to popularity it certainly is main stream now and getting all the hype it really deserved and should have received when the UFC / Pride merger around 2007-2010.

The evolution of fighters has progressed - but the true Golden Era is behind us. From this point forward it appears to be all about profits and entertainment - fake hype - with Micky mouse story-lines over a true sport with legitimacy.

Did they also got your feeling hurt?

First of all. They should ban immediate rematch. To get another title shot , you need atleast one win. No immediate rematch, It would keep the division moving and present new match up.

No title shot given to someone who just got KTFO

The drugs its a problem in all the sports. Always been there and always will be.
I would use a different approach. Just legalize it but in a control way. Fighters could receive drugs to help train and gives bettter fight . I could use it to recover after injuries. Have the UFC doctors administrate the drugs

The Reebok deal , I think its good for the UFC to be partner with a blue chip company like that.
But they really have to work on their design. I dont like the way it look.
I wouldnt buy one

Excellent post - thank you for sharing your insight.

It's been a very eventful year.

UFC 1 McNichols sports arena Denver Colorado.

I've been a fan since day one and have witnessed the many turns the "UFC" in particular has taken over the years.

So if you've been a watching MMA since 1993 that why would it occurred to you as odd that lines are being blurred between Sport and "Entertainment"? Where in the past has this not been the case? 10 years ago the UFC signed Sean Gannon because he beat up Kimbo in a bare knuckle fight. They've always done things that wouldn't occur in typical sports franchise leagues which is fine be me personally.

The only reason you may see more of it today is because MMA isn't as popular in North America as it was 5 years ago and they have a shit load of cards to fill out. They've always done crazy shit like promoting James Toney in a co-main event against a former world champion who is a grappler.

Yeah it's been a real shitshow recently and yet the PPV numbers are strong. Leads me to believe the controversy really doesn't matter. If anything it might draw a little interest.

Back