UFC Alum Tim Sylvia Proposes to Dime Piece... "Hell, Yes!"

Came to say this. Anyone know if he ever came back under a different name?
He came back under the name "Goober" (so, without the Taylor), I PM'd him a couple times because we used to chat back when I was on my first account, and it seemed to be the right guy and not an impostor mooching of his renomée;
But IIRC he slowly started to lose interest in MMA, I don't think he even reached a 1000 posts with his new account.

I'll never forget when Goober, for the first time, was just like "ok whatever, yeah he got crushed by Fedor I don't care" after Affliction 1, it felt like when you're teasing a friend on a video game but you actually like to compete with him, so when you go too far and get too many wins in a row and he loses interest, you panic a bit because that was still fun.

I hope he's doing OK, just from my observations he simply lost interest over time, it happens...
Good for Big Tim too, I might have ragged on him back in the days but after the Mercier bout, I felt kinda bad.

Wtf. They haven’t even been together a month? Wonder how long that lasts. Takes a lot longer than that to get to truly know someone. Hope it does for Big Tim though.
2A25683E-21C0-4CCF-BF1A-2C681A58052D.jpeg
Looks like he’s still hauling his old belt around.
<{Heymansnicker}>

Is Tim gonna wear his old UFC belt while smashing? Will it even fit?

All jokes aside good for him, met him while he was champ back in 2006 and was one of the nicest MMA fighters I met that day.

He's come a long way from blind date. Give him a year of marriage before he beta backslides and she cheats.

I remember that episode. Josh Thompson crushed it on his date, but Big Timmy had no game. When they ordered drinks he ordered a grass hopper :D I think he was even the UFC Champ then too. This was in the dark ages, but you'd think he could still make that work for him.

Speaking of UFC fighters and Blind Date has anybody ever found the Wes Sims episode? I remember it being a white an internet whale of sorts.

Is Tim gonna wear his old UFC belt while smashing? Will it even fit?

All jokes aside good for him, met him while he was champ back in 2006 and was one of the nicest MMA fighters I met that day.

I met him a couple years ago at a local mma event and he was super nice. Most people don't realize how big Timmeh was.
iu

59069_tim_sylvia.jpg

When Brantley Gilbert says “I don’t usually do this but ...” at one of his concerts, you can rule out the brass knuckle microphone, a Harley-Davidson parked onstage, a double-barreled flip-off to cancer or a rousing “Bottoms Up.”

But a marriage proposal by a retired mixed martial arts fighter somewhere between “Small Town Throwdown” and “Read Me My Rights”? Nobody saw that one coming Thursday night at the Resch Center.

Gilbert called his friend and former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia out to join him just as he was about to start the acoustic portion of the stop on his Fire’t Up Tour. Sylvia met his girlfriend at one of the country singer's concerts two years ago — when they were both on dates with other people.

“I brought her here tonight and I just want you all to see how beautiful she is. I don’t know how I pulled it off but I did,” Sylvia said, as Gilbert invited her to come up from the crowd.

Sylvia handed off his phone to Gilbert to capture the moment and then the big man, all 6 feet and 8 inches of him, got down on one knee and popped the question.

“Hell yes!” said Alyssa Petroni, as a crowd of about 6,000 roared with approval.

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.co...as-marriage-proposal-happen-green/4563590002/

Good for Big Tim...

Dude never got/ gets the respect he deserves..

Back