UFC 84: What Were You Wearing?

M

MMAWarehouse

This is a new feature we've started on our blog to keep track of what's worn at the events since it seems to be the topic of discussion quite often. Hope you like it, we plan to do it from now on!

--------------------------------------------------------------

We would like to welcome everyone to a new feature where we will recap all of the MMA clothing that fighters wore during their walkout and their fight. We'll cover all the major events. Please feel free to comment with any corrections or updates.

So let's start with last night's event, UFC 84: Ill Will.

Shane Carwin:
Shirt: Grudge Fightwear
Shorts: Grudge Fightwear

Christian Wellisch:
Shirt: Unknown
Shorts: Sprawl Gray/Red Gripflex

Jason Tan:
Shorts: Cage Fighter Gray Shorts

Dong Hyun Kim
Shorts: Unknown

Yoshiyuki Yoshida:
Shirt: Sprawl Graffiti
Shorts: Sprawl Urban Camo Gripflex

Jon Koppenhaver:
Shirt: War Machine (Black)
Shorts: Sprawl Red/Black Gripflex

Terry Etim:
Shirt: N/A
Shorts: Inter Muay Thai (White)

Rich Clementi:
Hat: Hostility White Panel
Shirt: Warrior Guard (Black)
Shorts: Warrior Red/Black Domination

Sokoudjou:
Hat: TapouT New Era
Shirt: TapouT College Series USC T-Shirt
Shorts: Fairtex Muay Thai

Kazuhiro Nakamura:
Shorts: Unknown

Rousimar Palhares:
Shirt: Warrior Skully (Coming Soon)
Shorts: Sprawl White/Black Gripflex

Ivan Salaverry:
Shorts: Sprawl V-Flex Brown

Antonio Mendes:
Shirt - Sprawl Blast
Shorts - Sprawl White/Black Gripflex

Thiago Silva:
Shirt: Warrior Icon
Shorts: Warrior Domination Urban Camo

Tito Ortiz:
Hat: Punishment Athletics Flame Beanie (yellow)
Shirt: Punishment Athletics Tito Ortiz UFC 84 Walk Out (coming soon)
Shorts: UFC 84 Flamed Shorts

Lyoto Machida:
Gi: Bad Boy gi?
Shirt: Bad Boy Lyoto Machida Walk In T-Shirt
Shorts: Bad Boy Capo Black

Wilson Gouveia:
Shirt: TapouT College Series Texas T-Shirt
Shorts: TapouT Skull Toga (black)

Goran Reljic:
Hat: Premier Fighter Black on White PF Flexfit
Shirt: Premier Fighter Black with White Logo
Shorts: Premier Fighter Black and White Performance Shorts

Keith Jardine:
Shirt: Mean Signature T-Shirt
Shorts: TapouT Paratrooper

Wanderlei Silva:
Hat: TapouT Skull Toga
Shirt: Hitman (not yet released)
Shorts: Hitman (not yet released)

Sean Sherk:
Hoodie: Plain Black
Shorts: Warrior Domination Sean Sherk Edition Silver/Black (coming soon)

BJ Penn:
Shirt: Custom Hilo / Team Hawaii T-Shirt
Shorts: RVCA BJ Penn Board Shorts

Great idea. If the guy wore some kind of costume to the octagon, would that be included as well?

Great idea. If the guy wore some kind of costume to the octagon, would that be included as well?

Sure! We'll try to identify everything as best we can going forward including costumes, masks, and straight jackets :)

I thought BJ Penn wore his Premier Fighter shirt with the torn up Hawaiian Flag and 'just scrap' on it.

Sure! We'll try to identify everything as best we can going forward including costumes, masks, and straight jackets :)

Have you any idea when or if the WAND sponsor shirt is going to be released? Thanks!

Have you any idea when or if the WAND sponsor shirt is going to be released? Thanks!

Not sure if that specific shirt is going to be released because we haven't seen it (we thought it looked amazing as well). They do however have a Brazil shirt coming out that looks phenomenal in my opinion. If they do come out with it, we will have it. You are going to see a lot of new Hitman apparel on our site very shortly. :icon_chee

^^^ You should include the pre-fight press conference, weigh-in and post-fight press conference as well...

Just a thought...

JM

I was wearing a pair of Khaki shorts I got at Kohls(brand unk at press time) a StarsGuards logo t-Shirt, a black Russell half zip, an Artic Cat sponsor hat, a pair of Asics 2120s in blue with underarmour ankle socks. If anyone cares.

This is a good idea, being a little of a gear nut I tend to take more than a second look at the clothes and sponsors at fights. Now if someone could tell me what that pink logo was on Machinda's Gi I would be thankful.

I was wearing a pair of Khaki shorts I got at Kohls(brand unk at press time) a StarsGuards logo t-Shirt, a black Russell half zip, an Artic Cat sponsor hat, a pair of Asics 2120s in blue with underarmour ankle socks. If anyone cares.

This is a good idea, being a little of a gear nut I tend to take more than a second look at the clothes and sponsors at fights. Now if someone could tell me what that pink logo was on Machinda's Gi I would be thankful.

I believe you are referring to Bony Acai. If you read FIGHT! Magazine this month, it talks about their relationship with Machida.

Bony Acai

Thank you I'll look it up.

Cool/interesting idea

I cannot say that i am all that interested in it, but this should hopefully help those that ask "what was so-and-so wearing last night, i want a pair of those shorts"!

Good idea guys, hope it works out well for you

Back