UFC 40 - Vendetta

I have to say this is one of my favourite old school events. Holy fuck ken can take a beating.

Good times... Tito was the main reason I got into MMA.

That liddel fight was also the reason i love chuck and so does dana. Chuck was guaranteed to fight the winner of the tito ken fight anyways yet beat the crap out of babalu instead of being inactive.

You dont see that nowadays.

I love it when people today get so upset that the that the UFC is becoming WWE. Just laugh out loud it was like this 20 years ago.
Anyways this pay-per-view made me a fan for life. And this was probably the last time Kenny left it all in the cage. Mad respect for both of them they save mma in the USA.

Definitely looked stuff up for this card.
I got into UFC because of the Dreamcast game in 2000 lol

Man I wish I was back in high school. Good times!

One of the best UFC events of its era. If Hughes had a tougher matchup, it could've been the GOAT.

Back when these guys used to get paid like 5g's per show lol

Very cool poster, sucks they don't do these anymore these days

All finishes

lol at Tito's face on that poster

reminds me of Tommy Gunn

latest

There is only 1 UFC that I will forever remember the name of

and that is Ortiz vs Shamrock..... Vendetta.

22nd November 2002.

This was the first and only UFC DVD I ever bought.

ken-shamrock-tito-ortiz.png

and what a beast of a card it was, a who's who of UFC Legends from top to bottom....

Featuring, Tito, Shamrock, Chuck, Lawler, Arlovski, Matt Hughes, Matyushenko and more.

p1dd4dD.png
Damn you been on Sherdog for a long ass time. Havnt seen you in a while.

22nd November 2002.

and what a beast of a card it was, a who's who of UFC Legends from top to bottom....

Featuring, Tito, Shamrock, Chuck, Lawler, Arlovski, Matt Hughes, Matyushenko and more.

p1dd4dD.png
That event saved the UFC, fact. Not TUF. Not Brock. Not Conor.

Danaismybitch.jpg

My brother ordered that PPV when he moved into his new place. Fun night but hated seeing tito win despite knowing he would.

I love it when people today get so upset that the that the UFC is becoming WWE. Just laugh out loud it was like this 20 years ago.
Anyways this pay-per-view made me a fan for life. And this was probably the last time Kenny left it all in the cage. Mad respect for both of them they save mma in the USA.
Ken saved UFC mma

22nd November 2002.

p1dd4dD.png

Oh Fuck Yes. This is the Event that got me back into MMA after a hiatus. Knew Ken from his early UFC days, and his WWE days. I went into the event rooting for Ken, but came out a Tito Fan. That was a real rivalry and a beating Tito handed him..

That was around the time i discovered MMA...very very late 2002...
Oh man

That card will always have a special place in my heart. That was the first PPV I ever ordered and I used to have that poster hanging up on my wall haha.

I have to say this is one of my favourite old school events. Holy fuck ken can take a beating.

Good times... Tito was the main reason I got into MMA.

One of the best UFC events of its era. If Hughes had a tougher matchup, it could've been the GOAT.

<{monica}>

This is the first one I saw live. Before that it was always random clips on the internet and renting the DVDs in the Special Interest section at Blockbuster. I remember the hype being so real that everyone on my high school basketball team was talking about it at practice on Friday night.

Bought it at my buddy's place and still watch the big PPVs with him to this day. Just bought Stipe-DC together. Loved both guys for what they brought to the game, but went in rooting hard for Shamrock. Ended up being a big Tito fan after though. All-time card, all-time rivalry.

This is my Griffin-Bonnar

Back