News **UFC 303 Mcgregor/Chandler Not Happening. Will Be Re-booked For A Different Date MEGATHREAD**

conor-mcgregor-conor-icecream.gif

Conor’s confidence is probably wrecked

yeah i think he got to camp and realized it sucked

then he saw his weight cut schedule / meal plan (no alcohol) and bailed
Yupp, he realized how horrible it felt to get in fight shape and if he didn't like it before imagine now in his mid 30's with lots of money and lots of vices..

If his cardio sucked then then it must be so bad now that he knew he'd get killed

Maybe or maybe not I just think his fighting days are well past him. It’s time for him to call it a career and retire.

When you see the partying videos it does make you question whether he thought he wouldn’t be ready for June 29th so just wants another month or two to get into fighting shape

Now let’s talk about you, on sherdog hating on a man that has successful set himself and his future family up financially. Sad and cringe, sherdog 101.
Let's talk about you, on Sherdog with a mans phallus in your mouth while shitting on our members.... who's worse?...

that'd be you, if you were wondering.

Can you believe this cat?

@don't ask

@rstringer

I believe it actually. He’s never pulled out of a fight before and has fought injured.

He apparently got hurt, went to the doctor, UFC got their hopes up that he could fight through it but then got bad news.

Conor is many things but he’s never ducked.

I don't know about this. It's very possible the UFC was refusing to let him fight anyone else in a desperate attempt to keep their money fight together.

I want to make sure I understand what you are saying properly. Are you saying that it's possible that the UFC was refusing to let McGregor fight anyone else? That's possible but I don't think that is likely. The money fight is McGregor. Chandler was and will always be the B side.

Of course it's speculation on my part but over time I think McGregor realized there is not an upside to a Chandler fight. Max, Dustin, Justin, Charles and even Renato are bigger upsides in the Lightweight Division. Plus, I don't think McGregor or the UFC expected Chandler to sit out 2 years. If that were any of the other fighters I listed above it is highly unlikely they sit out 2 years for McGregor.

It would be smarter for McGregor and the UFC to get out of the Chandler fight somehow and see if McGregor can fight Dustin/Justin/Charles. Any of those options are better overall.

I think connor wants to get out of his ufc contract and would do whatever he could to finish his 2 fights he has left on it. with no specifics on the injury though it leads to me to believe it could be something else.

I want to make sure I understand what you are saying properly. Are you saying that it's possible that the UFC was refusing to let McGregor fight anyone else? That's possible but I don't think that is likely. The money fight is McGregor. Chandler was and will always be the B side.

Of course it's speculation on my part but over time I think McGregor realized there is not an upside to a Chandler fight. Max, Dustin, Justin, Charles and even Renato are bigger upsides in the Lightweight Division. Plus, I don't think McGregor or the UFC expected Chandler to sit out 2 years. If that were any of the other fighters I listed above it is highly unlikely they sit out 2 years for McGregor.

It would be smarter for McGregor and the UFC to get out of the Chandler fight somehow and see if McGregor can fight Dustin/Justin/Charles. Any of those options are better overall.
Sorry, no, I was unclear. I think it's possible that they weren't willing to let Chandler fight anyone else. Obviously they never expected THIS MUCH time to pass before the fight would actually materialize and it probably always seemed like the fight was just over the horizon, so the UFC probably didn't intend to string Chandler along for years, but that's ultimately what might have happened. I say this because I've had to organize people on tumultuous projects and it's very easy for a situation like this to get away on you.

I say BS , unless you count a sour septum due to excessive coke snorting an injury .

Plus no details given which is also suspect.
He heard Dana say that Power Slap is bigger than all other sports combined and he got sad knowing that he's now Dana's #2
<mma1>

Everyone who said “anyone who actually thought this fight was getting cancelled is stupid” is stupid

Now let’s talk about you, on sherdog hating on a man that has successful set himself and his future family up financially. Sad and cringe, sherdog 101.
I know. LOL at all these haters commenting some fighter's actual fights and fighting career on a private wealth forum.

probably chandler didnt understand the contract and his role
he needs some more time to get behind it

If shitting your pants out of sheer fear of the other fighter, counts as an injury, then sure!

Back