News UFC 286 set for March 18, O2 Arena in London

So wait! You knew the info before the UFC posted it?
Yes brother
HOW?!?
You an insider, Bro?
Can’t reveal my sources man.
It’s close, I’m not an insider myself but I got pretty good connections over there.

I think it would be cool to have my own media-platform or something like that, the thing is: How to begin? If it’s becoming a thing over time, I’m pretty sure it will get attention and do just fine as I think I’m tailor-made to do something like that (speaking of my motivation and will to reach people with my love for combat sports, atm my editing skills are non-existent though lol), but starting is the hardest part. Maybe I should give it a shot.
I remember @HuskySamoan talking about something similar, am I right bro?

Maurits is DA MAN in Europe for all UFC events!

He is kinda like the Sherdog unofficial reporter!!
and good to see like most Dutchmen..... tall. Otherwise we wouldn't accept him as a true Sherbro lol....
I look forward to your on-the-spot Sherdog reporting man!

View attachment 956780
Lol that pic is hilarious man<45>
If I get to the mic during the fans Q/A part of the press conference I’ll make sure mention you guys

Justin/Fiziev def doesnt seem like a UK fight so if that happens in March its either Vegas PPV or headlines a March fight night.
Yeah indeed, we’ll see.
Would be fight of the night for sure

Lol that pic is hilarious man<45>
If I get to the mic during the fans Q/A part of the press conference I’ll make sure mention you guys
oh 100% mention Sherdog Forums bro! You'll probably be given like Douple Platinum membership for life by the Admin here!

Yes brother

Can’t reveal my sources man.
It’s close, I’m not an insider myself but I got pretty good connections over there.

I think it would be cool to have my own media-platform or something like that, the thing is: How to begin? If it’s becoming a thing over time, I’m pretty sure it will get attention and do just fine as I think I’m tailor-made to do something like that (speaking of my motivation and will to reach people with my love for combat sports, atm my editing skills are non-existent though lol), but starting is the hardest part. Maybe I should give it a shot.
I remember @HuskySamoan talking about something similar, am I right bro?
Video editing really isn't THAT hard. It can seem a bit intimidating to start due to some of the programs power and complexity but you can keep it pretty simple and make something perfectly reasonable. Also there are editing programs DESIGNED to make it easier and for more novice video editors. I use Sony Vegas Pro for video editing but am trying to shift over to Adobe Premiere Pro (just haven't really had time to dedicate to it yet).

As for audio editing,.... I have done a bunch of that myself and recorded musicians and made DVDs for them etc. I use Adobe Audition for editing sound files now. Get yourself something like an Electrovoice RE50N/D-B mic (standard dynamic mic used by reporters for decades, this version uses neodymium magnets for higher output levels) and it is omnidirectional sound pickup and no batteries required and they're virtually indestructible. I think I used an image of an RE50 mic for your edited Overeem pic.
Connect the mic to an audio recorder that has XLR inputs and that's the audio taken care of for "run and gun" interviews.

for more "sit down and chat" interviews a better setup for sure is two lavalier microphones (tie mics) clipped onto front of your shirt and interviewees shirt. these can go to ONE audio recorder placed between you as audio recorders can take multiple inputs. I use Zoom H5 and Zoom H4N and also Tascam DR-05 for audio recording. (different sizes and weights, different prices etc)

OR you can get two Rode wireless audio mics that are really quite small and again CLIP onto the interviewer and interviewee and they send the audio back to the receiver device (included). These are called wireless radio mics and Sony and Sennheiser have nice ones but they're fairly expensive (US$600 to 900 approx). The Rodes are meant to be good and they're US$230 in USA. I have multiple Rode mics stating with a Rode Videomic I bought in Australia years ago.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1622642-REG/rode_wigoii_wireless_go_ii_compact.html

anyway i'm probably hijacking this thread but hit me up in a PM if you need any input or views on audio and sound recording or editing and all that stuff.

Last edited:
I’ve been there before:cool:

9P5um9t.gif
Wow sweet seating / glad you're repping Sherdog ha. I don't know if it is the same everywhere but it looks like you're in the "pro and their friends/family only" section. Who do you know?

McGregor vs Masvidal main event
Edwards vs Usman 3 Co Main
You know....that COULD be it. Quite possible. It might well be that they can sneak McGregor in for a March PPV Main Event.
If so...it'd be a massive sell out (as much as I don't care for McGregor it's undeniable that he attracts eyeballs and $$$).

Depends if his leg is up to a full camp and fight, and they've got many people interested at 170lbs (Masvidal and Dos Anjos and Wonderboy and Oliveira and Chandler and probably almost ANYONE at 155 or 170 would take that fight for the $$$).

now it def looks like UFC 300 wont end up in July which is kind of surprising. They could have run one PPV a month and skipped one month over the next year to make it line up but that seems out the window.

Yeah the PPV will be what it is and be big no matter what but July was their own month, nothing else really going on in the sports world, summer etc.

Back