UFC 285 PBP/Discussion

Yes and no. Jones looked slower, and it wasn't a massive surprise that one he got him in a bad spot on the mat, he finished pretty quickly. But Gane also looked...off. It almost felt like they both looked sluggish a bit, and Gane's inability to use what has always been his best tool as a HW (footwork) is what led to him being taken down so easily. And it wasn't anything special Jones did, Gane just kinda looked half interested. Wasn't moving as fluidly...IDK.

But...the flipside is that when you bet a guy and he gets absolutely steamrolled like that, you're stupid if you don't reassess and feel like your read was off. There are plenty of bets you can lose and still feel totally fine about them. Like, my small play on Neal last night. He was in the fight, he hurt Rakhmanov and had his chances, so at +400 I have zero regrets about that play. I can't say that with the Gane bet, esp because it was my biggest action. I made a small profit but had I gone smaller on Gane, I'd have made a nice haul.
I’m still feeling some type of way about it a day later. Normally losing bets don’t bother me. I can live with losing on vivi. She got caught and dropped and her cardio issues resurfaced. Didn’t see it coming, it happens.

But gane looked like such a chump. Taken down and subbed effortlessly. No resistance. Didn’t even land a punch. Jones looked like he should’ve been -500

I profited on the card but felt like I should’ve played that one different. Was eyeing the under before the fight but didn’t pull the trigger

I’m still feeling some type of way about it a day later. Normally losing bets don’t bother me. I can live with losing on vivi. She got caught and dropped and her cardio issues resurfaced. Didn’t see it coming, it happens.

But gane looked like such a chump. Taken down and subbed effortlessly. No resistance. Didn’t even land a punch. Jones looked like he should’ve been -500

I profited on the card but felt like I should’ve played that one different. Was eyeing the under before the fight but didn’t pull the trigger

Sameee. I nearly doubled my bankroll & only lost 10 units on that fight (almost $200) but it still hurts when u think about it, You were getting a playable number on the GOAT. I think whoever said Jon Jones was gonna win in this forum is a very sharp bet IMO.

Sameee. I nearly doubled my bankroll & only lost 10 units on that fight (almost $200) but it still hurts when u think about it, You were getting a playable number on the GOAT. I think whoever said Jon Jones was gonna win in this forum is a very sharp bet IMO.
I don’t think it was a sharp bet. There were still too many unknowns about jones coming into the fight to play his ml imo.

The gane play however is looking pretty square in retrospect.

Back