UFC 285 PBP/Discussion

JJ on the Jesus wagon now too? how long until his eventual return to traditional JJ BS? - maybe he actually turned a corner in his life and has finally sorted his shit out.

Calling out Stipe?
That's weaksauce.
RIP Stipe.

Overall a nice profitable card for me.
Really glad I hedged my Gane bet with Jons by Sub at the end there.
Grasso sprinkled paid off nicely.
Most importantly, the main event resulted in them touching gloves. My fav bet of all! haha

As always, I had a great time chilling with all of you.
I hope the rest of the weekend treats you well!

There was loads of late money on Jones but shit, I was hoping for a good fight, maybe a back and forth stand-up affair.

Is that the same girl he beat up in the hotel room?
That's been like his fiance since high school or something. She left him last year, but I guess they're back together again like nothing happened. Not sure how the hotel incident was resolved.

That's been like his fiance since high school or something. She left him last year, but I guess they're back together again like nothing happened. Not sure how the hotel incident was resolved.
That's sad shit. Pretty sure the police said she had visible marks on her that matched physical abuse. Well, time for jon to fuck it up again. The countdown to arrest begins

Dammit France.

how about keep your mouth shut, and be thankfull you are able to make money off of betting on something that you are to much of a bitch to do yourself. he was stuck, with 240+ pounds of pressure on his neck, i'm sure you can roll down to the local dojo and ask someone to neck crank you good and proper.

'guld' ? no more like doublecopperwood.

I didn't expect Jon Jones to win that easy. Looked scripted, even though it wasn't.

I guess Jon was right in that Cyril Gane is the most incomplete fighter in the Top 5.

nobody was calling foul when maia face cranked story and made him tap. you think just because you don't see blood coming out of every orifice it don't count? i'll take a face crank every day of the week over having 240+ pounds of pressure over my neck.

how about keep your mouth shut, and be thankfull you are able to make money off of betting on something that you are to much of a bitch to do yourself. he was stuck, with 240+ pounds of pressure on his neck, i'm sure you can roll down to the local dojo and ask someone to neck crank you good and proper.

'guld' ? no more like doublecopperwood.

nobody was calling foul when maia face cranked story and made him tap. you think just because you don't see blood coming out of every orifice it don't count? i'll take a face crank every day of the week over having 240+ pounds of pressure over my neck.
Go take a shower a remove yourself from the internet for a day or two.

See you for next week's card. <Moves>

Ive been watching for about 15-20 years now. Ciryl Gane just pulled possibly the worst title fight performance I have ever seen in this sport. The guy had no resistance whatsoever.

Peops to Jon Jones. Id have him as goat if he wasnt such a goof lol.

For gane backers: do you feel embarrassed for betting him this morning after he got steamrolled in under 2 minutes?

I do
Nah, I don't.
I still think the fight was going to always go one of two ways, either Jones with an effortless takedown + sub, or Gane handedly winning the standup battle. It was the reason I hedged my Gane bet prior with a Jon by Sub bet. I don't know if you caught Jon's interview in the cage after the fight, but he did make some mention of feeling slow/rusty etc. while the fight was standing. Said stuff like "when I'd zig, he'd zag." Jon may think it's just ring rust, but I think he was basically admitting what a lot of us suspected which was that his reflexes/footwork etc. have taken a noticeable drop since his prime.

Gane's lack of grappling technique is going to continue to cost him fights. It's glaringly bad.
Jon's on borrowed time, but as long as he focuses on technique he should still be able to rattle off a few solid defenses. Stipe's completely shot IMO, so that should be another seemingly effortless win for Jon.

For gane backers: do you feel embarrassed for betting him this morning after he got steamrolled in under 2 minutes?

I do

The real question is why did the bookies open up Gane as -166. Either way now I have to bet Stipe at +300, that’s the worst part of it all

I do

Yes and no. Jones looked slower, and it wasn't a massive surprise that one he got him in a bad spot on the mat, he finished pretty quickly. But Gane also looked...off. It almost felt like they both looked sluggish a bit, and Gane's inability to use what has always been his best tool as a HW (footwork) is what led to him being taken down so easily. And it wasn't anything special Jones did, Gane just kinda looked half interested. Wasn't moving as fluidly...IDK.

But...the flipside is that when you bet a guy and he gets absolutely steamrolled like that, you're stupid if you don't reassess and feel like your read was off. There are plenty of bets you can lose and still feel totally fine about them. Like, my small play on Neal last night. He was in the fight, he hurt Rakhmanov and had his chances, so at +400 I have zero regrets about that play. I can't say that with the Gane bet, esp because it was my biggest action. I made a small profit but had I gone smaller on Gane, I'd have made a nice haul.

Back