UFC 283: Teixeira vs. Hill

lots of takes on the main event. What I learned taping Glover extensively for the Jiri fight, and now for the Hill fight, the guy is HARD to put away. You have to put him out cold. Guys durability and cardio at his age are insane. Plus the heart and determination on top of that. Most people recently have stunned or hurt him sure, he is taking bombs from some of the biggest hitters and in most cases, he is getting flash dropped or wobbled a bit.

The dude was a couple of minutes away from beating Jiri Prochazka, I would absolutely not count him out.

I would cap Glover as a favourite personally
Well I hope #gamblenati backs him so I can get some plus numbers on hill.

Dunno how I’ll end up playing it. Price dependent. Probably the under more than anything even though most of us got burned by glover/jiri under

Well I hope #gamblenati backs him so I can get some plus numbers on hill.

Dunno how I’ll end up playing it. Price dependent. Probably the under more than anything even though most of us got burned by glover/jiri under
i would play the under 2.5 again if it was -200.

Hill fights long and keeps it simple when going for the kill. He is also very hittable and more submittable on the ground than someone like Jiri in my opinion.

He was also getting rocked heavily against Cutelaba.And Hill hits really hard,look what he did to Crute.Don’t wanna risk Glover surviving and subing him though,that under 1,5(or under 2,5) really is the best play.

Yep totally agree.

i would play the under 2.5 again if it was -200.

Hill fights long and keeps it simple when going for the kill. He is also very hittable and more submittable on the ground than someone like Jiri in my opinion.
What it opened at was a great price and it took a while for it to get bet up. I didn’t have the funds to tie up at the time

i think the main event is a pick em. i can see Hill demolishing Glover. Seems like he is the guy they want to win the title and he is meant to win it. Glover is eroding with age and his fight with Jiri could have been the last straw. if Hill can tko a guy like Santos in rnd 4 and still carry his power late, he can spark Glover too. maybe a pass .

i think the main event is a pick em. i can see Hill demolishing Glover. Seems like he is the guy they want to win the title and he is meant to win it. Glover is eroding with age and his fight with Jiri could have been the last straw. if Hill can tko a guy like Santos in rnd 4 and still carry his power late, he can spark Glover too. maybe a pass .

Eh Santos was a sloppy winded mess in the 4th Round. If Glover grounds him like Santos did numerous times I don’t think he’s getting up.

Eh Santos was a sloppy winded mess in the 4th Round. If Glover grounds him like Santos did numerous times I don’t think he’s getting up.
doesn't matter, it's going to be a hard sweat for you Glover bettors when Hill tee offs on him and has him wobbled and shook. i can see a sub for Glover or a late stoppage for Hill. But mma is a young man's sport and at these odds i'll favor the young buck. Glover makes a good 200+ underdog, not an even+ fighter or duo favorite.

doesn't matter, it's going to be a hard sweat for you Glover bettors when Hill tee offs on him and has him wobbled and shook. i can see a sub for Glover or a late stoppage for Hill. But mma is a young man's sport and at these odds i'll favor the young buck. Glover makes a good 200+ underdog, not an even+ fighter or duo favorite.

Glover doesn’t really strike me as the kinda guy who will be “shook” by anything.

Glover doesn’t really strike me as the kinda guy who will be “shook” by anything.
Shook just means wobbled or knocked down. put on wobbly legs. Karl Roberson knocked him down, Glover has good recovery, but he has been put out before cold. What makes Jamahal any different than Johnson and Gus?

Shook just means wobbled or knocked down. put on wobbly legs. Karl Roberson knocked him down, Glover has good recovery, but he has been put out before cold. What makes Jamahal any different than Johnson and Gus?

Well he obviously has nowhere near the power of Johnson for one. That should be unarguable.

i don't see that he is a bigger 205ver than Anthony. And bigger in height reach.

Huh? That’s not what I said. Hill may be taller and longer than Johnson but he’s not nearly as stout and obviously doesn’t carry nearly the power.

Huh? That’s not what I said. Hill may be taller and longer than Johnson but he’s not nearly as stout and obviously doesn’t carry nearly the power.
who on AJ's resume would Hill not be capable of knocking out?

I would argue that Aj had some questionable fights that went to distance, like Arlovski who is chinny, Hill would have starched AA. It's debatable where we rank power, but Hill isn't a soft touch. He can definitely light up Glover. My main argument is that Hill isn't a guy that just fades and becomes weak, he can carry that power even with 1/10th of his gas tank. Some fighters are dangerous to the final bell rings, and Hill is one of them.

who on AJ's resume would Hill not be capable of knocking out?

I would argue that Aj had some questionable fights that went to distance, like Arlovski who is chinny, Hill would have starched AA. It's debatable where we rank power, but Hill isn't a soft touch. He can definitely light up Glover. My main argument is that Hill isn't a guy that just fades and becomes weak, he can carry that power even with 1/10th of his gas tank. Some fighters are dangerous to the final bell rings, and Hill is one of them.

Okay and I’m pretty sure Johnson would starch Dequan Townsend.

The Glover-Hill line is the most surprising one IMO I've seen in a while. Eyes closed I would cap Glover as a significant favorite. I'm stunned he's a dog. Large bet on Glover incoming. He crushed my soul when he pissed away the Jiri fight at the end. I hope he can make it up to me.

As a side note, am I the only one who wasn't impressed with Hill against Santos? If Santos wasn't a shell of his former self he would've steamrolled him.

Back