UFC 282 Blachowicz vs. Ankalaev Pre-Fight Discussion Sat. Dec. 10 Prelims 5:30pm, Main 10pm ET

Planning to Watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.
If my mom is still in the hospital, my gf and I will visit sometime that morning/early afternoon. My mom really likes my gf.

Then go to KFC to pick up a barrel of the Colonel’s Original Recipe, and sides. Then hit up the liquor store, and the weed store too.

Then to my place for the fights.

She knows I’m a Jan fan. So hopefully we get to see that legendary Polish Power, just one more time.

Hopefully it’s a very good day.

Hope shermom makes a full recovery

If my mom is still in the hospital, my gf and I will visit sometime that morning/early afternoon. My mom really likes my gf.

Then go to KFC to pick up a barrel of the Colonel’s Original Recipe, and sides. Then hit up the liquor store, and the weed store too.

Then to my place for the fights.

She knows I’m a Jan fan. So hopefully we get to see that legendary Polish Power, just one more time.

Hopefully it’s a very good day.

Hope it all works out with your mom. And it sounds like you got the rest of the day figured out. Hope to see you around Saturday night.

92214-3166478.png

In think Mag will win pretty easily, Jan’s takedown defence has been bad recently Mag is definitely a better wrestler then Rakic and is just in general a better wrestler, another thing Jan does is when he blitz he leaves himself open and this is how he got koed by Santos

Last edited:
In think Mag will win pretty easily, Jan’s takedown defence has been bad recently Mag is definitely a better wrestler then Rakic and has better wrestler, another thing Jan does is when he blitz he leaves himself open and this is how he got koed by Santos
yeah i think Ankalaev will really try to get a KO in this fight and make a short night of it if he can. I checked all his wins and they're almost ALL KO's or Decisions.
I really can't see Ankalaev losing ....but....they're big dudes and anything can happen I suppose.

Last edited:
Till versus Du Plessis intrigues me. Originally I picked Till by KO. Then switched to Du Plessis by KO. I’m rooting for Till, always enjoy watching him fight. Maybe I’ll switch it back to Till by decision lol.

Mitchell vs. Topuria is exciting because someone’s 0 has to go. I like Mitchell in the octagon. He has that submission threat and also has gotten more patient lately. It’s a solid match up.

Conversely with Edmen vs. Lungi, someone’s loss streak (3 each) will end. Lungi has KO power. Edmen changed camps and took a year to strengthen his game. I feel either guy could knock the other’s block off. If it goes to cardio I’ll go with Edmen.

In the card opener Saaiman is that guy from the recent contender series who is the youngest fighter ever signed to the UFC. He looked amazing on the CS. Let’s see how he does in his UFC debut.

We’e coming up on the final PPV of 2022. Saturday's card has a lot of talent on offer. The main event is for the 205-pound belt. That and other matters will be decided at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Early prelims start at 5:30pm ET on ESPN+. Prelims on ESPN/ESPN at 8pm. PPV is on ESPN+ PPV. The main card starts at 10pm ET.

What fights are you looking forward to and why? Hoping you’ll join us in the Play by Play discussion. For up to date coverage check out Sherdog's front page and during the fights the live round scoring thread.

220px-UFC_282_poster.jpg

MAIN CARD
  • Jan Blachowicz vs Magomed Ankalaev (Light Heavyweight)
  • Paddy Pimblett vs Jared Gordon (Lightweight)
  • Darren Till vs Dricus Du Plessis (Middleweight)
  • Bryce Mitchell vs Ilia Topuria (Featherweight)
  • Edmen Shahbazyan vs Dalcha Lungiambula (Middleweight)
  • Billy Quarantillo vs Alexander Hernandez (Featherweight)
  • Erik Silva vs TJ Brown (Featherweight)
  • Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Chris Daukaus (Heavyweight)
  • Chris Curtis vs Joaquin Buckley (Middleweight)
  • Daniel Lacerda vs Vinicius Salvador (Flyweight)
  • Jay Perrin vs Raul Rosas Jr. (Bantamweight)
  • Ovince St. Preux vs Antonio Trocoli (Light Heavyweight)
  • Cameron Saaiman vs Steven Koslow (Bantamweight)
  • added: Santiago Ponzinibbio vs Alex Morono (Catchweight 180)

Look forward to your thoughts!

are we getting another Tap picks thread?

Till versus Du Plessis intrigues me. Originally I picked Till by KO. Then switched to Du Plessis by KO. I’m rooting for Till, always enjoy watching him fight. Maybe I’ll switch it back to Till by decision lol.

Mitchell vs. Topuria is exciting because someone’s 0 has to go. I like Mitchell in the octagon. He has that submission threat and also has gotten more patient lately. It’s a solid match up.

Conversely with Edmen vs. Lungi, someone’s loss streak (3 each) will end. Lungi has KO power. Edmen changed camps and took a year to strengthen his game. I feel either guy could knock the other’s block off. If it goes to cardio I’ll go with Edmen.

In the card opener Saaiman is that guy from the recent contender series who is the youngest fighter ever signed to the UFC. He looked amazing on the CS. Let’s see how he does in his UFC debut.
for Edmen vs Dalcha...... I just looked at their respective last 3 losses and whilst it's never good to lose 3 in a row obviously, it's quite obvious that Edmen's 3 losses were to TOP LEVEL opponents (Imavov, Hermansson, Brunson) whilst Dalcha lost to 3 fighters a notch or two down from that.
I fancy Edmen to get the Show Back on the Road and win this fight, probably ITD.

If Mitchell can beat Topuria then that really will be a helluva victory. Topuria is on an absolute roll and has KO'd 75% of his UFC opponents. Very fast hands, in great shape. I HOPE Mitchell wins (nothing against Topuria) but I think Topuria might catch Bryce on the feet before Bryce can drag him down to the mat. Tough one to pick and it's my most anticipated fight of the event.

I expect Du Plessis to beat Till to be honest. Till seems to have stagnated and if he loses this fight against the South-African then I gotta wonder if retirement might be his best option. Can't see him wanting to retire....but if he loses against Du Plessis he's gotta think about it.

Back