UFC 280 ppv buys ?

CashMoney1991

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
does anyone know how the card did in terms of buys ? My original prediction was 300k due to the UFC being shit at promoting and that card had to compete with MLB playoffs and college football

Didn't the fans in the UK have to buy the ppv to see the card? That alone adds some buys. I'd guess around 600k.

No one knows, but some fool on social media will come up with a made up number and folks on here will share it and buy into it because they're gullible.

To be real it was one of those cards that looked stacked as fuck but really under performed by a good margin. The fact it was a morning g afternoon card killed it for buys. Honestly pretty stupid for Dana to make a card like this n show it at 7:30/9:00/11am PST. Dana needs to start wondering if the kabib pandering is worth it

It's a good number but Islam vs Oliveira was the most anticipated fight of the year and UFC stacked the PPV. In that context 300k isn't the best.

Most Anticipated by hardcores yes.

Most anticipated by causals the majority of MMA fans? I strongly doubt that.

The US is the number driver of PPV buys most European countries get PPV for free. It came on the in the middle of the day. The main event guys aren't native English speakers.

Don't get me wrong it probably did gang busters in Russia and Muslim majority countries--probably did well in Brazil too-- the UFC will use this to negotiate giant TV deals in those countries but PPV buys the expectation should somewhat above average.

Most Anticipated by hardcores yes.

Most anticipated by causals the majority of MMA fans? I strongly doubt that.

Good point. I think many of us fail to realize casuals don't share our enthusiasm for most fights. Casuals will happily tune in to see McGregor fighting any rando in droves.

The UFC's best selling event this year, Oliveira vs. Gaethje, did a mere 400k PPV buys. For reference, McGregor vs. Cerrone did 1.3 million.

Good point. I think many of us fail to realize casuals don't share our enthusiasm for most fights. Casuals will happily tune in to see McGregor fighting any rando in droves.

The UFC's best selling event this year, Oliveira vs. Gaethje, did a mere 400k PPV buys. For reference, McGregor vs. Cerrone did 1.3 million.

Why people even bother paying anything regarding Conor is laughable, biggest bum in UFC history. Glad I haven't spent a penny on that can, couldn't even care less when he fights either, all I know it's an automatic L anyways.

One tiny correction Oliveira vs Gaethje was tied with Adesanya vs Cannonier for the best selling event this year at 400k according to available sources

Despite all the hate and complaint of being boring Adesanya is still the highest drawing champion in the UFC. Sherbums are way off best when it comes to understanding the larger MMA audience

https://www.sportszion.com/ufc-276-...bout-reportedly-draws-400k-ppv-buys-globally/

Back