News UFC 270 Payouts

Sorry your right. I have no idea how Bellator got on my mind.

582556.jpg
Coker is a goof, I make fun off him for his decision making. But bringing up Bellator to defend UFC pay is laughable. It would be like comparing NBA salaries to D-League ones or NHL to AHL

no they still pay fighters 5k on the prelims. also they the fighters who fought jake hager made 6k. the spin is why is combat sport fighter pay only a ufc thing what about pfl, one fc, lfa, boxing why should ever one dp better.
Multi-fight contracted. My man still doesn't understand how to read.

Damn... 200k for Moreno/150k flat for Figgy is rough.

Only 2 payouts above 40k apart from main and co-main.

<{hughesimpress}>

$2.2m for 22 fighters is chump change. Should be $10m.
Dj got paid less

According to previous discussions, he seems to be tied for one more fight since he won this one as his last signed fight but the champ clause extends it for one more, so he cant leave for now.
There is a timeline to it.

I believe if he sits out he will be free by next winter.

Good to know, not sure if they can extend that by offering fights he wont take or something like that, sounds like he is basically free then.
To avoid losing a pretty clear court case, the contract can't be extended beyond the 5 year max. You can't have contracts last indefinitely in America.

why is combat sports fighter pay only a ufc thing. what about boxing?
Do you know how Conor got rich? And he went there as a UFC fighter, not the usual Boxing type deal, top tier boxers get the most money cause they promote, they dont fight as employees like UFC guys do, boxing at the lower level seems to be as bad, but at the top the UFC pay is a joke compared to boxing.

Do you know how Conor got rich? And he went there as a UFC fighter, not the usual Boxing type deal, top tier boxers get the most money cause they promote, they dont fight as employees like UFC guys do, boxing at the lower level seems to be as bad, but at the top the UFC pay is a joke compared to boxing.
Boxing even on the middle tier is better. Guys like Luis Ortiz are getting paid 500K

It's BS how badly UFC fighters get screwed pay wise. All other big sports organizations have close to a 50/50 revenue split between the owners and players while the UFC has like a 95/5 split it seems.

Its even more concerning when you consider what these fighters put themselves through and how low the average life of a fighter's career is. The power of a players union is real.

That really is pathetic, if not outright disgusting to see fighters and $10k in the premier organization that made record profits last year.

I think it's a contender series thing, but even $13k as a base is embarrassing.

What's the base pay on a typical boxing card like?

To avoid losing a pretty clear court case, the contract can't be extended beyond the 5 year max. You can't have contracts last indefinitely in America.
Just like the champ clause only extending for 1 fight and not for every victory i would expect they get to extend it some extra time too, i completely get they cant have him under contract forever.

Coker is a goof, I make fun off him for his decision making. But bringing up Bellator to defend UFC pay is laughable. It would be like comparing NBA salaries to D-League ones or NHL to AHL

So UFC salaries to Bellator is like NBA salaries to D-League. You said it not me.

So UFC salaries to Bellator is like NBA salaries to D-League. You said it not me.
Comparing UFC salaries to the ones found on Bellator prelims is very much like that. Why do you think you are making a dunk on me?

Comparing UFC salaries to the ones found on Bellator prelims is very much like that. Why do you think you are making a dunk on me?

I already made the dunk. You're new here so you'll figure it out when you sleep on it.

It's BS how badly UFC fighters get screwed pay wise. All other big sports organizations have close to a 50/50 revenue split between the owners and players while the UFC has like a 95/5 split it seems.

Its even more concerning when you consider what these fighters put themselves through and how low the average life of a fighter's career is. The power of a players union is real.
They don't have even to go 50/50. They have such a large gap they can shorten between revenue to help enrich fighters, without sacrificing too much from the top. This topic isn't going anywhere thankfully, especially if Francis is able to move on.

There's pay in here we don't see, like bonuses, PPV cuts, sponsors etc... but that's still unacceptable. It's like server wages in restaurants (obviously a massive difference in $$). Guaranteed pay should be higher. It's not like fighters can save $$ on taxes like servers can with cash tips.

Fighters will never form a union, and there's no competition in sight, but hopefully the bad press around this, which is only going to grow/get louder, helps put pressure on the UFC to improve the revenue split. Jake Paul, as annoying as he is, is never going to let this go. Bless him lol.

Back