Media UFC 270: Ngannou vs. Gane - Post Fight Press Conference

Rate the Card

• Total voters
Heavyweight champ Francis Ngannou is taking a while because he's finishing reading War and Peace.

Dude looks like he took time to shower and shave and shop for clothes/jewelry.
Of course he did. That's why I avoid becoming a fan. I reserve that fandom till after they become a bigger name because some turn into assholes when they reach that point.

I hope he waits it out and leaves. Good riddance.

Francis said prior to the fight he had a damaged ACL and MCL that occurred 25 days ago. On Tuesday his doctor said he shouldn't fight as he could suffer irreversible damage if he injured it further. He still wanted to fight because you never know what might happen in the future. That's why he didn't switch stances often. He doesn't think he suffered further damage to the knee. Frances said Cyril is a good guy and he respects him.

In the first two rounds Francis felt shaky on his legs. After the second round he was feeling pretty tired. Then he thought of all the support he has from people in Cameroon and it lifted his spirits. After the third round, particularly after the takedown, he felt more confidence and could see that Gane was weakening. After the fight was over, leading to the judges' decision he felt confident of his victory. Regardless of how the fight may have played out he is proud of his accomplishments and will keep moving forward.

Per the UFC he feels it's about more than just money. It's also about being treated with respect. He said he has made every effort to reach out to the UFC and is tired of it. Said that whatever happens in the future he's at peace with himself.

Francis said prior to the fight he had a damaged ACL and MCL that occurred 25 days ago. On Tuesday his doctor said he shouldn't fight as he could suffer irreversible damage. He still wanted to fight because you never know what might happen in the future. That's why he didn't switch stances often. Frances said Cyril is a good guy and he respects him. In the first two rounds he felt shaky on his legs. After the second round he thought of Cameroon and it lifted his spirits. After the third round, particularly after the takedown, he felt more confidence and could see that Gane was weakening. Per the UFC he feels it's about more than just money. It's also about being treated with respect. He said he has made every effort to reach out to them and is tired of it. Said that regardless of what happens in the future he's at peace with himself.
Thanks for the summary. His English is not so good so its difficult to understand him a times.

Francis said prior to the fight he had a damaged ACL and MCL that occurred 25 days ago. On Tuesday his doctor said he shouldn't fight as he could suffer irreversible damage if he injured it further. He still wanted to fight because you never know what might happen in the future. That's why he didn't switch stances often. He doesn't think he suffered further damage to the knee. Frances said Cyril is a good guy and he respects him.

In the first two rounds Francis felt shaky on his legs. After the second round he was feeling pretty tired. Then he thought of all the support he has from people in Cameroon and it lifted his spirits. After the third round, particularly after the takedown, he felt more confidence and could see that Gane was weakening. After the fight was over, leading to the judges' decision he felt confident of his victory. Regardless of how the fight may gone he is proud of his accomplishments and will keep moving forward.

Per the UFC he feels it's about more than just money. It's also about being treated with respect. He said he has made every effort to reach out to the UFC and is tired of it. Said that regardless of what happens in the future he's at peace with himself.
I don't even like Francis but he is dead right. Also, it's fucking ridiculous and low how Dana didn't put him the belt nor attended the press conference, really shameful.

In the first two rounds Francis felt shaky on his legs. After the second round he was feeling pretty tired. Then he thought of all the support he has from people in Cameroon and it lifted his spirits. After the third round, particularly after the takedown, he felt more confidence and could see that Gane was weakening. After the fight was over, leading to the judges' decision he felt confident of his victory. Regardless of how the fight may gone he is proud of his accomplishments and will keep moving forward.

Per the UFC he feels it's about more than just money. It's also about being treated with respect. He said he has made every effort to reach out to the UFC and is tired of it. Said that regardless of what happens in the future he's at peace with himself.

I was quite weary and missed the Post show.

Nice recap and appreciated.

I gave the card a 4 - maybe a 4.5 - I enjoyed it from top to bottom and even though my picks didn't shine it was still very engrossing and entertaining.

Very happy for Ngannou!

Not so sure I want a 4th anytime soon but I have to say they both continue to impress.

Monster and Sid well deserved bonuses as well.

Plus who doesn't want to jump into Joe Rogan's Arms for an Interview!

e7225f8675294e06f9f482ef9c2dc150

I gave the card a 4 - maybe a 4.5 - I enjoyed it from top to bottom and even though my picks didn't shine it was still very engrossing and entertaining.

Very happy for Ngannou!

Not so sure I want a 4th anytime soon but I have to say they both continue to impress.

Hi Kryptt. My pleasure. Wild & crazy card. Happy for Ngannou too. Not surprised he won but wow the way he did was surprising. Yeah, I'd like to see Fig defend his title against someone else - maybe Kara France - before another rematch. Lots of upsets on this card. See ya at the next PbP.

Has Dana shown up, or vacated the premises out of sheer rage and embarrassment?

Anyone over the age of two who pouts should be very ashamed--and put in time out.

I put Dana in time out. I'll hand him a juice box and send him out for questions later.

I don't even like Francis but he is dead right. Also, it's fucking ridiculous and low how Dana didn't put him the belt nor attended the press conference, really shameful.

Cue my previous comments about Dana. Being the face of a billion-dollar company, and being a known petty tyrant, etc. is not a good look.

Francis hinted he will likely have surgery for his knee. I doubt we ever see him again in the UFC. He will have his surgery, and then sit out until January 2023, when he will be a free man. UFC will probably strip him of the title by Summer, and make Jones vs. Stipe for the HW title.

Very happy for Ngannou!

That cracks me up. AV worthy. Damn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back