UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington 2

Any idea the referee assignments yet ?
What do you expect with certain refs?? I've learned Herb is an idiot and it could go either way with him, Goddard has gotten better imo (used to hate him), Herzog and Beltran seem like the best of the bunch, but curious to hear what you or others think, especially as far as early or late stoppage potential

Hes hittable, a pressure brawler giving up speed size and overall technique I think. If he can survive he could win later because he has good cardio but he might have to Homer Simpson is until then and Ode is a finisher.
Hey man! Love reading your 2c every card, are you going to do some for UFC 268?

I just took a .05u stab on Curtis RD3 KO +2000

That was my read as well. Curtis is durable, and Hawes always gasses badly by r3.

Hawes decision is the most likely outcome here, but it's overpriced. Curtis rd3 +2500 and KO +650 are both off, glad you agree.

What do you expect with certain refs?? I've learned Herb is an idiot and it could go either way with him, Goddard has gotten better imo (used to hate him), Herzog and Beltran seem like the best of the bunch, but curious to hear what you or others think, especially as far as early or late stoppage potential
I expect little fuckery from Herzog, Peterson, Beltran. Herb is decent but tends to take points away out the blue. I'm always on edge when Mark Smith is ref. Beltran and Peterson do best job of ensuring fighters don't receive any extra damage. Hard to predetermine which ref will stop the fight early although champs tend to get earlier stoppages

Villante is a fat pig.

Even compared to his fight against Herman a couple of years ago he looks terrible:

iu

I assume he's done a fight camp but it's got to be barely anything, maybe 1-3 light sessions a week?

It's embarrassing that you can be in that shape and still classed a professional athlete. Even if you've mentally checked out and it's just showing up for a paycheque you'd think there'd some will to get in some sort of shape just given you're going into a fight and there's a chance of getting hurt - I remember when he first came into the UFC, he was in great shape and a big 205er - even KO'ed a relatively geen Corey Anderson.

He's looked shambolic for a couple of years now and despite initially liking him in the early days, he's always been chinny. I was going to blind bet his opponent but even with the shirt on weigh in pic he looks in even worse shape. Seems to have at least KO power though, might just blind bet a KO for him at this stage if the odds are okay, although obviously the smart thing is to just skip betting (and maybe even watching) that fight.

Edit - His opponent was 4.0 to win by KO so degeneracy has won out, 1U on that.

Last edited:
I expect little fuckery from Herzog, Peterson, Beltran. Herb is decent but tends to take points away out the blue. I'm always on edge when Mark Smith is ref. Beltran and Peterson do best job of ensuring fighters don't receive any extra damage. Hard to predetermine which ref will stop the fight early although champs tend to get earlier stoppages

Gotta disagree with Herb being anywhere close to decent.

Maybe 10 years ago.

The only "decent" thing I think he's done recently is advise Dan to turn the Holland fight into a NC after the headbutt.

But that one decent thing doesn't outweigh 20 god awful stoppages and repeated favoritism in regards to fouls in high profile fights.

Allright,made me put less then I fought on Hawes,and I'll hedge a bit with that R3 Curtis KO

Hawes should win, but the odds are just too high. And I absolutely hate backing fighters with terrible cardio.

What I find odd is Hawes declined this fight 3 weeks ago, despite Curtis making weight.

Hawes should win, but the odds are just too high. And I absolutely hate backing fighters with terrible cardio.

What I find odd is Hawes declined this fight 3 weeks ago, despite Curtis making weight.
Maybe,still think he gets this easy.He didn't have cardio issues against Daukaus.

Back