1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington 2

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Card, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

This fight is a lot closer to 50/50 than it is 90/10

Hawes is severely overrated, Curtis is severely underrated

Bakayoko likes this.
  2. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

I predict that Green wins the fight but Iaquinta wins the judges the decision...

3. Main_Card_MMA All it takes is one and there are at least two.

Oh for sure, but betting on most of a card in a single play is stupid. It's a $10-20 lotto ticket. I'd never play real money with more than 3 legs. I just don't feel good about any other lines in that fight.

Edit: unless there's value on that line. If the line should be -500 then why not add it? Parlays allow you to reduce risk exposure by betting less overall. I'm fine with adding a -300 to a 2 leg parlay and betting it small.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  4. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

Colby decision +500 is insane.

I think Usman wins again, but I had Colby up in the first fight 3-1, tied 2-2 at worst, going into the 5th. Usman got hurt by the body kick and claimed it was a low blow, too.

Langinbang187 likes this.
  5. Which book, aside from mybookie has BKFC lines? Sorry I know it's not related to this card, but I need to find out.

6. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

Put a million dollars on Morgan over Johnson if you find one lol

Initially likes this.
  7. carolinagrapple Orange Belt

Betonline.ag does but not for that particular fight.

Post 2 Decision likes this.
  8. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

Not saying Green doesn't deserve to be a favorite against anyone but, he is someone I do NOT trust betting on as a favorite. Always in a bunch of close fights and usually fights down to the level of his competition. Makes fights closer than they have to be

9. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

It's a fair point, but watching Al block punches with his face for legit FORTY straight minutes over his last two fights is enough for me to strongly favor Green. What you're saying is true, it really is. But I almost feel like Green won't be able to help but land one punch after another on Al.

Jae Gibbz likes this.
  10. Captain Chesapeake Brown Belt

Madison square garden is going to be electric tomorrow night. I expect a lot of finishes

Bet the unders in main and co main and usman ko +150 as well as rose itd +225 and sub +650

Villante and Edgar are basically hometown guys. I expect them both to get the win. Edgar Dec +200 always value. Villante Dec +250 Do I trust villantes cardio? No but Barnett is a can with no cardio either.

Billy q at nearly +180 and his tko prop +rd 3 is nice.

shahbazyan Dec +325. He’s a wrestler now

chandler Dec +525. Can see him taking down gaethje and controlling him.

I line over/unders more than anything in this card, which is a bit odd for me. Ode/vegara under 2.5 -175. Hawes/Curtis probably goes under, villante and barnertt over but I dont wanna pay the juice. Over 1.5 for pereira/michailidis but fdngtd and pereira late finish. Edgar/Vera over 2.5 -185

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    bunt and joenewbie like this.
  11. Card Silver Belt

Melsik Baghdasaryan (145.4) vs. Bruno Souza (148.4)
    Ode Osbourne (125.2) vs. CJ Vergara (127.4)

** Souza misses featherweight by 2.4 pounds
    *** Vergara misses flyweight by 1.4 pounds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spath, lefontes and Main_Card_MMA like this.
  12. Card Silver Belt

13. Captain Chesapeake Brown Belt

Zhang trying to copy roses cut

Villante looking flabby and sick

14. mkess101 Not the hero he deserves, but the hero he needs

I guess someone has to say it...this card is

STACKED

upload_2021-11-5_20-24-32.png

Card, bet the house, Spath and 5 others like this.
  15. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

Don't disagree with anything you said. Not saying Green won't win the fight or shouldn't be favored, but like I said - he is someone I do NOT trust betting on as a favorite

mkess101 likes this.
  16. joenewbie Orange Belt

Agreed. I took U3.5 for +120 on the main event and U4.5 for -110 for the co main.

17. Captain Chesapeake Brown Belt

Doing some late taping

vergara seems live to me. Very heavy hands. Pressure fighter. Yea he takes a lot of punches but has a good chin and cardio and is relentless and that could give ode problems.

He switches stances a lot and that can be tricky for guys who don’t see it a lot. He caught Jacob Silva that way switching stances into a left hook. His left has power from the orthodox hook and the southpaw straight. Can be a bit predictable

Ode has faster hands and is more athletic. He should be able to land some hard straight counter punches when vegara crashes.

I expect a finish and think there’s value on the under and vegara ko, probably early rounds

Bahgdasaryan has blazing fast kicks. Very dangerous early in the fight. Throws at full power and fades as the fight progresses. Still Carries his power though. Physically strong and should have an advantage if he wants to cage press and clinch

Souza is a karate fighter out of the machida school. Doesn’t have a lot of power and more importantly isn’t nearly as evasive as your typical karate fighter. He stays in the pocket too long with his hands down

should be a kick heavy fight at the range Souza likes to stay in. Not ideal against a kickboxer with elite kicks

line feels wide but I’m not sure I want to back Souza here. His Dec line is +500. Some value there. He will likely drop the first round and there will be good live odds on him. Think the over under being reasonably priced says bettors are concerned that souzas style could make this a slower more calculated striking match

MidgardSerpent likes this.
  18. Chris Baynham White Belt

I guess we'll see soon enough.
    I've not seen Curtis since 2019 in PFL and he was barely an average journeyman at welterweight.

19. cpgm White Belt

For US bettors, what site do you use to livebet mma? I used 5dimes in the past, and wanted to know about other potential sites. Does Bovada do livebettin on mma?

20. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

I'm predicting Hawes to win, but there's definite value on Curtis. Hawes will use his wrestling to grind out a win if he's smart, but he can tire himself out and I wouldn't be surprised to see Curtis finish him or take a close decision. He needs to stick to welterweight after this, though.