UFC 267 a Free PPV for North America?

Freddie83

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I keep reading that because of the PPV time this will be a free event for North American viewers. Does anyone have any more info on this?

I believe it supposed to be on ABC and yes free!
Beware of the start time though.

I’m so pumped

I have no idea but the motivation doesn't make much sense. Not like American cards are free for people in other parts of the world.

wow...that's great, since I'm the dumbass you buys every PPV lol

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again
<BirdieOwn>
day drinking for the win

I have no idea but the motivation doesn't make much sense. Not like American cards are free for people in other parts of the world.
Nobody in America is going to be willing or even aware they’d need to pay for a card with such an odd start time. Won’t do any sales anyway, would rather have the eyes

This is smart AF tbh. Some times you have too spend money to make money. Conor fighting Siver on free TV in prime time was one of the best moves UFC ever made, and very likely helped catapult Conor into the stratosphere by introducing him to the US public right after the Patriots won the AFC championship. I remember in South Boston the Irish were going crazy and the whole city got McNuggets fever following that - it was surreal to have followed him from Cage Warriors and then see a Sherdog meme ("McGOAT") become mainstream.

Not only is this card staked, but I think like with putting Conor on primetime this is the perfect time to introduce Khamzat to the American public. Dude has a feeling of being imminent, can fill the whole Khabib but also has more exiting stand up and cuts a good promo reel.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again
<BirdieOwn>
day drinking for the win
Who needs the UFC for day drinking
giphy.gif

That's not true at all. There's a TON of countries that simply will not, and do not "do" PPV's....so if you want your program in those countries, it has to be on one of their regular channels.

I'd love that!!!

Awesome, pretty solid card. Excited for Khamzat vs Jiang

That's not true at all. There's a TON of countries that simply will not, and do not "do" PPV's....so if you want your program in those countries, it has to be on one of their regular channels.

In Europe UFC is shown on platform like Dazn or Sky where usually the business model you play a flat fee (monthly, yearly, whatever you want) and watch all ufc events. So even though it is not ppv as such, it is certainly not free.

In Europe UFC is shown on platform like Dazn or Sky where usually the business model you play a flat fee (monthly, yearly, whatever you want) and watch all ufc events. So even though it is not ppv as such, it is certainly not free.
I hear you. Not sure how it works exactly, but I know at least for a while there my buddy was watching all the UFC PPV's on his cable companies local "ESPN" channel. But either way, that still required having cable, which is at a cost. But it's nothing like getting raked over the coals for UFC events where the only option is buying the PPV event at $70 a pop(provided you're a law abiding citizen of course). That's damn-near fan extortion!

Back