PBP UFC 266: Volkanovski vs. Ortega - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It felt like home cooking at the moment, or at least a bit of homemade spice sprinkled in. I'm glad the right man won in the end, though.
I’m not even sure if it was that. I don’t think Brian knew what the hell was going on half the time last round 2. I think volk was actually getting upset about it at one point between rounds.

Im sorry but if a doctor needs to look at it, they need to do it while the corner works. Not create and entire extra rest period

I’m not even sure if it was that. I don’t think Brian knew what the hell was going on half the time last round 2. I think volk was actually getting upset about it at one point between rounds.

Im sorry but if a doctor needs to look at it, they need to do it while the corner works. Not create and entire extra rest period

Especially considering the way the round ended. He was clearly still compromised and it just seemed like herb was finding any reason he could to prolong the break.

Especially considering the way the round ended. He was clearly still compromised and it just seemed like herb was finding any reason he could to prolong the break.
It took him 10-15 just to get on the stool. Herb Dean should be saying “fight” in 30 seconds. 45 should be TOPS if there are natural delays.

I get it. Fighter safety. But if it’s so dangerous you are going to such great lengths the fight should just be stopped. If you look at a fighter after a 30 second break and think “oh, NOW he needs to be medically evaluated” bro, 30 seconds won’t matter. Neither will 5 or 10 minutes. When they’ve had enough they’ve had enough. So either call it, or keep it moving.

It took him 10-15 just to get on the stool. Herb Dean should be saying “fight” in 30 seconds. 45 should be TOPS if there are natural delays.

I get it. Fighter safety. But if it’s so dangerous you are going to such great lengths the fight should just be stopped. If you look at a fighter after a 30 second break and think “oh, NOW he needs to be medically evaluated” bro, 30 seconds won’t matter. Neither will 5 or 10 minutes. When they’ve had enough they’ve had enough. So either call it, or keep it moving.

Agreed

Not too bad for predictions! :) Only thing that surprised me a bit was Calvillo getting nuked so easy. I thought she would lean on her grappling if she got in trouble, I thought she displayed very poor fight IQ. Fun card though!

78601-2489636.png

Not too bad for predictions! :) Only thing that surprised me a bit was Calvillo getting nuked so easy. I thought she would lean on her grappling if she got in trouble, I thought she displayed very poor fight IQ. Fun card though!

78601-2489636.png
<mma4>

Lol quit at the first instance despite cheating to have a weight advantage.

27E598FC-7C82-48EA-A335-3149D8CF9587.jpeg

209 baby ;)

Dana looked thrilled when Volk was pounding Ortega away in the 4th, lol..2A6E1507-00A4-465D-AE45-9D242006FD44.jpeg

Herb Dean needs to go... He has no consistency at all and actually effects the outcomes of fights.He stole a finish off Volk at the end of round 3...
Seriously, bro? Those two extra rounds helped make it epic. Stole a finish, LOL.

Seriously, bro? Those two extra rounds helped make it epic. Stole a finish, LOL.

I know i am so conflicted. Best FW title fight IMO if not one of the best, but Volk had a finish robbed off him IMO. You can't be helped to the stool and be allowed to continue. That's a TKO IMO

This is it. They need to have them medically evaluted during the corner break, not after it. You are that injured that you need the doc, you shouldn't get a double break.

I also felt a bit unfair to volk that they kept giving Brian 1-2 minutes at a time at some points to rest

That is a TKO or should be. If you have to get your fighter to the stool it's done. Treat him on the ground or they get there themselves. Great fight back by Ortega, but that fight easily could have been stopped in the 3rd or 4th and i am a just bleed fan.

Is anyone talking about the judging of Ortega/Volk? How the fuck do two judges give Volk all 5 rounds? And which round was 10-8?

Is anyone talking about the judging of Ortega/Volk? How the fuck do two judges give Volk all 5 rounds? And which round was 10-8?
UFC%20266%20Volkanovski%20vs.%20Ortega%20-%20Scorecards%20-%20Volkanovski%20vs.%20Ortega%5B3%5D.jpg

Sal gave him the 4th 10-8. Assume you gave Ortega the 5th? I can live with 49-45 or 49-46.

Back