1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

UFC 266: An inspirational event

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by usernamee, Sep 26, 2021.

1. usernamee Silver Belt

First we had Merab coming back from the depths of hell to win against Moraes.

Then we had the always amazing Valentina Schevchenko showing world class ability in MMA, speaking four different languages among all the other stuff she does, competetitive dancing, competetive shooting, helicopter pilot license etc, If you can't draw inspiration from that I don't know what!

And to cap the night off with a showing of MENTAL FORTITUDE from both sides. Who doesn't want to go out and work hard af on whatever they are doing after witnessing that?

2. Pain4Pain Purple Belt

Valentina is an overachiever. My favorite attribute of her is the refinement of her striking techniques; every strike is thrown the exact same way, even when she throws the same move twice in a row. To go along with her achievements outside of the octagon OP has mentioned she has done well in staying humble and essentially being the same person she was at the start of her career.

I'm not a huge fan of Ortega, but to have the fortitude to get your shit pushed in and keep pushing hard in a second title fight is impressive. To have the composure to be losing a fight, get your opponent hurt and attempt a clean sub a second later shows he has good fight IQ. I hope he recovers well after taking all that damage and gets another shot at the belt in 2023.

I knew Volk was pretty game and disciplined coming into this fight but to have the balls to stay in Ortega's guard and keep his composure in those two close sub attempts was really admirable. I think he really wanted to get the finish but props to Ortega for that Mexican durability.

3. ltarian11 Respect to those with the guts to step in the cage

Merab coming back and Volk getting out of those 2 submission attempts were other-world toughness level stuff. Inspirational Event is a great word choice TS.

4. DaRivv20 Turtle Belt

Them two submission escapes are things of beauty.

5. ITsallinthegifs Orange Belt

{<redford}
    Agreed TS ..,.Agreed