UFC 266 AAR. Quitting, Cowardice, & What a Lion Is

Interesting video man. Keep going with it I enjoyed it.

The quitting thing people don't get unless they've been in there - I did an mma fight last year at 44 vs a guy much taller and 15 years my junior. As tough as I though I was after being picked apart for 2 rounds and not being able to see out of one eye I gave the ref the "nah" look when he checked on me the 2nd time.

Should have done it when I was younger.

Last edited:
Another good vid, my friend.

In hindsight, you pretty much nailed the Volkanovski/Ortega read.

You have to do Jan/Glover, and Rose/Weili. I’d love to see those. Closer to the dates of course. Keep it up man.

I admire your bravery, Beardclock. There’s not many that could handle the torrent of flaming expected by posting such.

You have the true heart of a Champion.
Just tubthumping my man. I get knocked down...

I’m a total fan, my man. I just want you to know that while I do troll/shitpost, I’ll watch every video you put up until the end. I’m loving it!

Love the support man. Feel free to have a good time in my threads. If your heart is in the right place, you're welcome in my neck of the woods lol.

Good video, my humble feed back would be to add the cliff notes you typed in the 1st post. You know how we roll here.. cliffs or .. (insert what you want ;). )

Yeah, fair suggestion. Learning as I go. Thanks for clicking.

Takes nuts to put yourself and your thoughts out there like this. You get a Jackie.
<JackieThumbsUp>

I'll take it. Child of the 90s. Respect.

Good stuff, well done. Only thing I'm not a big fan of is the lighting but it's not a big deal.

Thanks man. I know the lighting was kind of a big swing. Some love it. Hopefully for those who don't, it's not too distracting. Appreciate you clicking.

Dang I came in here ready to defend but your video actually made sense. The title did get me to click lol

Thanks for clicking man. Plenty jumped into the convo without doing so, so I appreciate that.

Need to get a ring light. Good content, forge ahead

Appreciate the feedback bud. Thanks for clicking.

Good shit keep up the good work f the haters

I'm too busy f'ing my gf. But they're on my list. ;)

Interesting video man. Keep going with it I enjoyed it.

The quitting thing people don't get unless they've been in there - I did an mma fight last year at 44 vs a guy much taller and 29 years my junior. As tough as I though I was after being picked apart for 2 rounds and not being able to see out of one eye I gave the ref the "nah" look when he checked on me the 2nd time.

Should have done it when I was younger.

Yeah, toughness is a weird thing. You can at the same time find out just how tough you are (self discovery), show more toughness than you ever have (a personal best), and still be disappointed that you didn't hit the benchmark you'd hoped for. I found out that while I liked mma, I didn't love it enough to go through the sacrifices necessary. While I could tolerate hard sparring, I didn't like going to bed with a head ache every night. Didn't like wrapping myself in ice and wondering about how I'd age, etc. Might sound "soft" but I'm fortunate enough that fighting wasn't a necessity for me. So I took the easier path and became an ammy pundit lol. At least you tried. And while you may not be as "tough" as some active cage fighters, you can carry your head tall knowing you were in the fire for real, and you were there of your own choosing. Not many can say that.

Another good vid, my friend.

In hindsight, you pretty much nailed the Volkanovski/Ortega read.

You have to do Jan/Glover, and Rose/Weili. I’d love to see those. Closer to the dates of course. Keep it up man.
Appreciate the continued support bud. Will be keeping at it. Having too much fun not to. ;)

Good video again man. Didn’t love the title, but that’s alright.. and that lighting.. I guess to each their own.. but so distracting for me! Otherwise keep it up. Always enjoy your content!

Good video again man. Didn’t love the title, but that’s alright.. and that lighting.. I guess to each their own.. but so distracting for me! Otherwise keep it up. Always enjoy your content!
Hey bud. Thanks for giving the vid a chance despite misgivings. The lighting seems to be polarizing. I've gotten some compliments on it, and obviously some complaints. I'll probably keep them for a bit and see if I get more feedback one way or the other. Working on some new content. Thanks for tuning in!

Yeah, toughness is a weird thing. You can at the same time find out just how tough you are (self discovery), show more toughness than you ever have (a personal best), and still be disappointed that you didn't hit the benchmark you'd hoped for. I found out that while I liked mma, I didn't love it enough to go through the sacrifices necessary. While I could tolerate hard sparring, I didn't like going to bed with a head ache every night. Didn't like wrapping myself in ice and wondering about how I'd age, etc. Might sound "soft" but I'm fortunate enough that fighting wasn't a necessity for me. So I took the easier path and became an ammy pundit lol. At least you tried. And while you may not be as "tough" as some active cage fighters, you can carry your head tall knowing you were in the fire for real, and you were there of your own choosing. Not many can say that.

Thanks man, correction the guy was 29, 15 years my junior. Sparring was hard too I'd be a featherweight and most people bigger younger and faster would get the better of me - also was the oldest in the class.

the adrenaline dump in the fight was the most crazy thing. I was absolutely exhausted about 1 min in. Couldn't manage the nerves

- I'm above the shoulder of the guy in the orange number 9 singlet. The other guy in the orange singlet on the far left was my opponent. I'm sure his walk around weight was 80kg and he cut to 70 ish.

Attachments

• received_829227384315782.jpeg
    received_829227384315782.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 4
Thanks man, correction the guy was 29, 15 years my junior. Sparring was hard too I'd be a featherweight and most people bigger younger and faster would get the better of me - also was the oldest in the class.

the adrenaline dump in the fight was the most crazy thing. I was absolutely exhausted about 1 min in. Couldn't manage the nerves

- I'm above the shoulder of the guy in the orange number 9 singlet. The other guy in the orange singlet on the far left was my opponent. I'm sure his walk around weight was 80kg and he cut to 70 ish.
Adrenaline dump is a real thing man. And getting old is... also real. I can attest to both lol. Still, you know yourself better than most, regardless of if you might not have completely fulfilled your dream. I had UFC aspirations at one point, and even had the endorsement/encouragement from some high level coaches, guys who said that with time, I could get there. But that time was laced with pain and suffering lol. I'm more a creature of the mind than the body. So I learned enough to handle 99% of the world's population, and the last 1%, well I can always fight dirty lol. Anyways...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back