UFC 266 AAR. Quitting, Cowardice, & What a Lion Is

Diaz fans triggered before even watching the video

Not a great comparison. You got caught in a sub and finished. That doesn't mean you quit. The lion metaphor doesn't work either - definition of bravery: the quality or state of having or showing mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, or difficulty. Being brave implies you know the dangers, so it doesn't imply ignorance.

I agree though that I wouldn't call Diaz a quitter or a coward. He knew which way the wind was blowing and he knew he wasn't going to make a comeback.
Not my best organized piece perhaps. I thank you for engaging all the same. I think the point of the lion thing is that no one here (or most here) have not faced down that lion. They believe they have. They think themselves unbreakable. Anyone who thinks themselves unbreakable, just hasn't pushed themselves far enough in my opinion. ANYONE can be broken. The point of my grappling story was to demonstrate it's okay to say you broke. It's not the end of the world, or the road. I'd also argue that tapping to a sub or tapping to strikes are comparable, same as quitting on your stool (or on a knee). Of course there are degrees of danger and pain and whatever else, but I think expecting these guys to go farther than they choose when we're not feeling the pain, except vicariously, is the height of selfishness. Of course it's okay to be selfish, but it's not a good look. Anyways, thanks again for clicking and for the thoughtful feedback. Will take into consideration for the next.

Diaz fans triggered before even watching the video
Tell me about it. In case it hasn't become clear, this thread is, if anything, pro Diaz. "Steamrolling Lawler" is a lion of the highest order. I understand the DIaz rep doesn't allow for "quitting" but I find it quite interesting (for Diaz's legacy/persona/etc.) the way he ended that fight. He does shit on his own terms. No need to fake an injury. Or to give his neck for a choke. Just said, "peace," and bounced. There are lots of Just Bleed fighters. There's only one Nick Diaz.

Last edited:
Good on you for putting yourself out there and creating stuff. Not gonna listen to it but still, good job.

Thanks for the feedback dude. Definitely possible I had some nerves. The world (and the internet) is a scary place lol. The cards are tarot. I do Tarot readings on fights as predictions. Here's a thread from the previous card. This particular installment has a story about the time I met Robbie Lawler which a few people enjoyed. Thanks for clicking. Hope you'll continue.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-lawler-preview-prediction-via-tarot.4205292/
Oh shit okay man thats different. Ill check some other vids of yours out. I like the background of your videos. Keep it up.

I admire your bravery, Beardclock. There’s not many that could handle the torrent of flaming expected by posting such.

You have the true heart of a Champion.

It's a treatise on how the French Revolution contributed to the decline of the agrarian society.

Seriously though... it's me talking about quitting, cowardice, and what a lion is. Reflecting on UFC 266. I'd love to have you click and comment, but if you can't be bothered, I know not everyone is into the vids...
Good video, my humble feed back would be to add the cliff notes you typed in the 1st post. You know how we roll here.. cliffs or .. (insert what you want ;). )

Takes nuts to put yourself and your thoughts out there like this. You get a Jackie.
<JackieThumbsUp>

Good stuff, well done. Only thing I'm not a big fan of is the lighting but it's not a big deal.

Dang I came in here ready to defend but your video actually made sense. The title did get me to click lol

Back