UFC 264 | Poirier vs McGregor

this is a huge red flag for me. i won't be touching the main event unless they offer that dumbass fight goes over 1 minute prop @ -500

poirier declined the belt for a money fight. thats another red flag.

How is taking a fight for big cash a red flag? The belt will always be there, easy Conor money fights aren't.

I'm kinda sketched out by this card. McGregor hype + 75k bonuses add some extra volatility. I like the u2.5 in the main and co-main, Yana, Rivera, and contemplating Tavares
I knew I wasn’t the only one who liked Rivera at these odds.

Zhumagulov seems like a guy who always going to be in close decisions because of his low output and unwillingness to use his wrestling effectively

Rivera is in a must win situation here.

So FD/DK/BetRivers/etc all have Dustin sub @ +650. I got it @ +800 on BetMGM.

I just found a small book that has a first deposit bonus, and MMA lines with the most chalk I've ever seen. I'm talking Griffin -205 Condit +160, they take THAT much. BUT, they have Poirier sub @ +900.

Time to take their money

I'm kinda sketched out by this card. McGregor hype + 75k bonuses add some extra volatility. I like the u2.5 in the main and co-main, Yana, Rivera, and contemplating Tavares
good point, thanks for the input!

I take your point.

Kris has been subbed twice and has two losses by TKO. The first TKO occured against Tony Gravely (UFC BW) in championship rounds; Sean and Kris are not going to championship rounds so you can take that for whats its worth.

The Campbell "TKO" of Moutinho was not actually a TKO. The referee, while Moutinho had top position waved off the fight because Campbell was elbowing Moutinho and the ref maybe thought Moutinho was concussed because he had been dropped a minute prior; but Moutinho nonetheless still had regained a dominant position when the fight was called off? It was an inappropriate stoppage, one that would not have been made in the UFC.

That was part of the reason why I said Moutinho may be able to go to the distance with Sean. Moutinho is very good at recovering if he is dropped. The fight after the Johnny Campbells "TKO" he was dropped in the first minute or two of the fight and managed to regain his composure and knocked his opponent out in the second round.

Im not bullish on Moutinho/O'Malley going the distance I just thought it was something that is being undervalued. Especially if Moutinho gets the fight to the floor.

I told y'all

Betting the fight to go the distance would have ultimately been a losing wager, though that stoppage seemed inappropriate, but true to form Moutinho could take as much punishment as needed.

Disappointed he did not fight better, as he usually will ground a fight if his opponent is getting the better of him on the striking.

Hey all, something I think I might be onto. Connor might come out fighting orthodox. He did preser face off, and ceremony weigh in face off, left hand forward. He’s never done that before. Is it because he’s been training that way for last 6 months and it was what he defaulted to? He could be using that to negate the calf kicks rather than trying to check them

1327726385.jpg

dustin-poirier-conor-mcgregor-ufc-264-ceremonial-weigh-ins.jpg

Well my orthodox hot take was wrong

Back