UFC 264 | Poirier vs McGregor

Where did you get that last part from? I'm pretty sure during that Cormier media Q&A he said something along the lines of "if Tai uses some of the things he got from AKA, he could make this an easier fight for himself" dont recall anything about horrible tds and stumbling on top lol

IG

And Cormier specifically said during media day, when he was drunk, that he wasn't there anymore as well.

I'm on Dustin at -110, Pereira at -160, Wonderboy -160, and Akhmedov +140, and Tuivasa dec +350 so far.

I may add a small play on Dustin dec +500 too. I think we may well see a more conservative Conor early but who still slows late as Dustin pours it on. A late stoppage or decision win by Dustin is my prediction. Conor is still dangerous but at this point Dustin just seems like the better overall fighter.

I'm out of town for my daughter's swim meet so not sure how much I'll get to watch though.

Good luck man!

Wow another Akhmedov bettor. Those are my locks as well, excluding Poirier. I think he wins, but my confidence level isn't nearly as high as the other picks.

Wow another Akhmedov bettor. Those are my locks as well, excluding Poirier. I think he wins, but my confidence level isn't nearly as high as the other picks.

Really I just like guys who are willing to grind and win ugly when they know it's their best chance. Especially when they have dog odds. I'm not super confident in Akhmedov either but I do think it's more a coin toss fight so his odds work for me.

Edit: you meant you're not confident in Dustin. I'm more confident in him than Akhmedov, but not by a ton.

Anybody have any solid logic as to why Griffin is a big favorite over Carlos Condit? This line doesn't make much sense to me. Condit has better striking and grappling, what edge does Griffin bring?

Anybody have any solid logic as to why Griffin is a big favorite over Carlos Condit? This line doesn't make much sense to me. Condit has better striking and grappling, what edge does Griffin bring?

Better grappling? Condit has the takedown defense of an inflatable chair, and hasn't submitted anyone in THIRTEEN years.

Max is bigger, stronger, has the crisper striking, a reach advantage, and actually goes for takedowns.

Condit legitimately offers 0 resistance to TDs. The Court McGee fight was the weirdest shit I've ever seen, it was almost as if Court got a huge locker room bonus to not attempt a single TD on Carlos.

I mean don't get me wrong, Condit is an OG. But so many people are being blinded by nostalgia, and the fact that he beat McGee and Matt Brown recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the weigh ins last night I noticed Aldana looking thicker in terms on muscle mass (or at least I assume). I'm still worried about her cardio but I'm not sure it may matter much here. It's been a while since Kunitskaya has been boxed up, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Aldana pull off another shocking KO (I was in attendance when Ketlen got sent to the shadow realm). And the sound from the crowd said it all - no one expected it to happen from that fight.

Anyways, I'm gonna back my pre-fight read and hope she doesn't let me down.
I'm thinking she might go ovaries to the wall gunning for an early finish if she's truly compromised from the weight cut.

Yana I think has been finished in all of her losses, or at the very least most of them, and Irene's last two wins came inside the distance. She might just fight the way she usually fights instead, but I've been leaning more towards Irene by finish lately.

Better grappling? Condit has the takedown defense of an inflatable chair, and hasn't submitted anyone in THIRTEEN years.

Max is bigger, stronger, has the crisper striking, a reach advantage, and actually goes for takedowns.

Condit legitimately offers 0 resistance to TDs. The Court McGee fight was the weirdest shit I've ever seen, it was almost as if Court got a huge locker room bonus to not attempt a single TD on Carlos.

I mean don't get me wrong, Condit is an OG. But so many people are being blinded by nostalgia, and the fact that he beat McGee and Matt Brown recently.
See, I could see Griffin trying to follow that game plan, but he couldn't exploit the takedown defense of Curtis Millender who even Sabah Homasi could outwrestle with ease.

That 51% TD rate he has makes me a bit confident in Condit winning. We'll see though.

max resume.JPG

Look at the level of fighters that he has lost to. Max is not a consistant winner, and his best win is Mike perry, the rest are average, and he lost to average too.

Other than Alex Oliveira condit has lost to top 15 middleweights.

condit resume.JPG

How about Ryan Hall by head kick knockout? I don’t have confidence in it happening, but I honestly wouldn’t be shocked. Topuria was dropped by a head kick against Goncalves. Granted, Topuria did get the takedown within seconds and then got the sub. I just think Hall has more ways to win than a heel hook.

Topuria is dangerous when he gets inside but if he can’t get inside then Hall’s kicking game might give him problems. Topuria’s gas is also something that I believe can be questioned. He’s super active on the ground and fights at a high pace, but he’s only been out of the second round once and that was against Zalal where he ended up badly gassed towards the end of the third.

This is a tough fight to call imo but I just thought I’d throw out Ryan Hall by head kick knockout so that I’d look smart if it did happen :D

View attachment 866297

Look at the level of fighters that he has lost to. Max is not a consistant winner, and his best win is Mike perry, the rest are average, and he lost to average too.

Other than Alex Oliveira condit has lost to top 15 middleweights.

View attachment 866299

To be fair, the Alves loss for Griffin was an absolute robbery.

But you're correct, overall over the past 6 years, Condit has had the stronger strength of schedule.

But he's not the same fighter he was in 2016. The Lawler fight(which I thought he won) took a lot out of him.

Dare I say it though...Condit has worse TDD than Millender.

The one thing that Condit still has going for him in 2021 is his chin.

I like Condit as a fighter and a person, so if you play him I don't think it's the worst play ever. I'm just on the other side.

And if you play him, take his decision prop, as it's incredibly unlikely we see a finish in this fight.

Small on Akhmedov
Hall
Poirier
Griffin
Price

Decided Hall-Topuria can just go a million different ways so idk why the play wouldn't be to just throw a little on Hall

Decided Hall-Topuria can just go a million different ways so idk why the play wouldn't be to just throw a little on Hall
Same i wanted Topuria but his trash talking to Hall was very disrespectful.

Back