Media UFC 264 Free Fight: Dustin Poirier vs Conor Mcgregor 2

Screenshot-2021-01-24-at-07.24.59-1.png

Wow, Conor was doing much better than from what I'd remembered, he was winning up until the very end but he does have that bully mentality where if he doesn't get his way he crumbles, and that's exactly what happened.

Wow, Conor was doing much better than from what I'd remembered, he was winning up until the very end but he does have that bully mentality where if he doesn't get his way he crumbles, and that's exactly what happened.

He clearly won the first round. Don't agree that he was winning the second until his leg gave out though. The exchanges were pretty even with Poirier gradually figuring out his timing and getting more confident.

That right that he sits him down with before the finish. Just so perfect and right on the button.

He clearly won the first round. Don't agree that he was winning the second until his leg gave out though. The exchanges were pretty even with Poirier gradually figuring out his timing and getting more confident.
Agreed. Conor landed some real clean shots towards the end of 1st, and then most of the 2nd he was landing some good shots. But in the 2nd when DP slipped the right left combo twice after he ate it earlier in the fight it was pretty clear he had Conors timing figured and knew what he was about to do.

I’ve always laughed at the “he was winning until he lost” excuse. I got tickets for the trilogy, hopefully it’s a good one.

can never get enough of Conor getting knocked the fuck out.

IMO shin conditioning shouldn’t be a huge focus for Conor going into the trilogy (unless he decides to kick the calf himself which IMO would be a smart game plan considering he had success with the very few he threw in that fight) as traditionally, if the kick is checked correctly, the kick will not damage/hurt the shin of the checker much, whereas it definitely hurts the shin of the kicker and can even result in a break. Conors focus as far as calf kick defence should just be correct checking technique as he started to check them near the end of the second fight, albeit not correctly.
Shin condition is something that doesn't happen over night, same as grappling experience. It takes years to build.

And yes he needs to do that, as well as bring back his darting in and out. But it seems since leaving FW he has slowed down and his bouncy light footedness has gone. He sees very heavy on the feet now, like he is to based, before it was common for Conor to fall over due to him darting in and out.

One of the early kicks hit the nerve in a perfect spot and rest of the kicks accumulated the damage troughout the fight.
When Conor was able to move properly he was in full control and winning.

Conor is one of the worst looking 32 year olds I’ve ever seen. The man looks mid 50s.

Back