PBP UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori 2 - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont know what you watched but i saw plenty of strikes land hands or legs. How many elbows did Vettori eat on the side of his head? Vettori had to release the grip so he can protect himself from those lethal elbows.

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/6cd44e1b2d093ea4

I honestly did not feel once that Adesanya was in danger. He played with him gave him the costa treatment.

Like i said Vettori is tough but he had nothing for Adesanya.

Masterclass

Ya again we see that 'Levels" actually exist, even in the top 10...

Izzy was in 0 trouble after the 1st successful reversal...

All playing after he knew he had 0 worry...

I actually think it was Izzy who stunned Marvin, he got him with an elbow in the first round in the clinch, after that Marvin started backing off.

He definitely didnt quit but he was not trying to win that fight after the rnc failed.

Why did Vettori completely open up his bodylock when going for the rnc?

Well I've peaked, got #3 on the Tapology leaderboard for this card :):D Hell of a night boys

leaderboard here -> https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/77570-ufc-263/predictions-leaderboard

77570-2348453.png

That choke was not even in, he reversed the position.

Then i have to agree to disagree. Take care.

marvin dudnt have a body triangle in and allowed that to happen. Poor execution. That said, it wasn’t super close, but still a lot closer to ending the fight than anything Izzy did.

Izzy won though.

The massive lean back and swang some hooks that he caught Whittaker with hasn't worked on anyone to anywhere near the same extent since, and he does it every fight.. I can't think of much else he's added to his arsenal.

Yeah, his hands haven't looked great. It's the kicks that did it for him today. I feel like Whittaker can mix it up enough and time takedowns on Israel, plus his boxing is better than Vettori's and I think his wrestling has improved.

The dude just gave it everything he had. He's not going to say it, but the lactic acid buildup in his arms during that flurry was probably something crazy. I guess you think he's a robot or something, but he's gotta breathe, too, dufus.
You just got the fight of the night and an ending for the ages and you find a way to complain. Grow a pair Jackie
Sigh...

I'm not complaining, you idiot. If anything, I wanted Edwards to win and get a title shot, even though I'm American and have a great appreciation of Nate and the fights he's put on. It's just an honest observation of one of his biggest flaws as a fighter. And his conditioning is excellent, he doesn't do it because he has to "breathe". What an utterly idiotic take. I hope you were drunk AF when you wrote this. Not coming across well at all. And my "pair" has nothing to do with it. I could flame you more, but I'll give you a pass on the assumption you are/were drunk or something.

Mystic Mac didn't get stanky leg for over a minute like that. Leon even said that was the hardest punch he had been hit with. This isn't a good sign.
I think if he had a glass jaw, it would have been exposed by now. Nate landed the best punch of his career. Nate has sneaky power sometimes when he actually sits down on a punch. He lulls you with volume and then finally lands HARD. Happened to many guys before. The ones who actually have glass jaws, like Gray Maynard, didn't survive. Leon kept moving and kept his wits about him and made it through. He'll be fine.

Ya again we see that 'Levels" actually exist, even in the top 10...

Izzy was in 0 trouble after the 1st successful reversal...

All playing after he knew he had 0 worry...
Was Marvin ever in any trouble?

Yeah, his hands haven't looked great. It's the kicks that did it for him today. I feel like Whittaker can mix it up enough and time takedowns on Israel, plus his boxing is better than Vettori's and I think his wrestling has improved.
Yeah agree, at least to the level of boxing many seem to believe him to have, Izzy's jabs, uppercuts and hooks underwhelm me in accuracy and snap compared to Whittakers, despite having a style and physique/reach perfect to pop a stiff jab to the nose, more often than he does anyway.

Vettori was bad. Izzy should have finished this fool but yet he still cruises to another boring decision
Izzy touched Marvin up, reversed and swept him on the ground and took 0 damage. Not Izzys fault Marvin is a retard. Go back to hockey bud, you don’t get this sport

....Because Rogan and the UFC keep pushing an unranked fighter like he's a champion.

Lol you really think this is the UFC's doing? Nick and now Nate have are fan favorites, people will follow them no matter where they go. Nick got famous mostly outside the UFC, Nate got famous on his own too, by calling out Conor and beating him he rose his stock big time.
The UFC promotes him, but he built his image on his own, take off the hater glasses.

Good recommendation! Have this book on the shelves here. Very interesting read
His other books are great as well. Very timely now that we are entering an age of automation & robotics. Or what the ruling class are calling the transhumanism or post human age.

He doesn’t really think he won; it’s called a defense mechanism. He can either do that or start bawling his eyes out knowing he can never accomplish his dream. That shit would get real awkward in the octagon
Forrest did it and still ended up doing toyo tires ads long after he retired lol

Back