Media UFC 261: Usman vs. Masvidal 2 UFC Fighter Picks

Same here with typically siding with the striker. Much like you, I just don’t see how Masvidal pulls this off. I’m not an Usman fan. He’s just boring both in and out of the cage. That being said, I have massive respect for him as a fighter and people could make a legit argument for him being the best in the game now. Personally I don’t feel he is but if someone feels that way, I wouldn’t necessarily call it a crazy take.

The guy is good and I feel him and Colby are the cream of the crop for that division...Masvidal unfortunately just isn’t on that level as much as I like him and his fight style m.
I agree that Usman has evolved significantly but NOT to the top 3 pound for pounder like most have.... I think hes become dominant through a thinned out welter division which explains why a guy like maz is getting a 2nd shot at UFC gold.
I also agree with Colby but ( including all promotions), I have him at #3, Usman at #2 and 2021 enormous D.Lima as the best welter in world but typical sherdoggers will reference 2016, 17 and 18 Lima. Two totally different animals. Just like 2017 Oliveira and the 2021 filled out no longer offensively anemic do bronx.

But - that's me.

I agree that Usman has evolved significantly but NOT to the top 3 pound for pounder like most have.... I think hes become dominant through a thinned out welter division which explains why a guy like maz is getting a 2nd shot at UFC gold.
I also agree with Colby but ( including all promotions), I have him at #3, Usman at #2 and 2021 enormous D.Lima as the best welter in world but typical sherdoggers will reference 2016, 17 and 18 Lima. Two totally different animals. Just like 2017 Oliveira and the 2021 filled out no longer offensively anemic do bronx.

But - that's me.

Fair enough but let me challenge you on that one....

Who would be your top 3 pound for pound strictly in the UFC? Just for the sake of simplicity let’s remove Khabib and Jon and stick to the active fighters.

I’m having a hard time not putting Usman in the top 3 and again, I’m someone who doesn’t like the guy at all.

Who would be your top 3 pound for pound strictly in the UFC? Just for the sake of simplicity let’s remove Khabib and Jon and stick to the active fighters.

I’m having a hard time not putting Usman in the top 3 and again, I’m someone who doesn’t like the guy at all.
I'd have to put some think on that. I was beyond impressed with Yan in his fight with Aljo( who I bet and I know I got lucky). Ngannou ( even though I'm sure his ground game is still a shortcoming) is favored over any mmartist in the world so that holds water.
I'm not saying those are 1-2, I just have think it through a bit.
I consider Usman a beatable fighter - just not with these crop of welters. I mean- Chiesa is now considered a top tier welter?????

Of course, Usman is a UFC pound for pounder( not just UFC too)but he might be further down on my list. Again, I need to process - quite surprised I havent thought about it

Back