PBP UFC 257: McGregor vs. Poirier 2 - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 pm ET/7:00 pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sfdgdef.gif

Would
them speedbags the reason why dustin's hand have improved...

Oddly, this is the first time I've checked Poiriers numerology behind his birth date and shit. which as a former gambler is a bit odd.

And his numbers are more impressive than I expected. Hmm. Who knew.

Such a shame, but it is what it is

Conor looked slow and his timing was off, all that coke and parting caught up to him while Dustin was putting in major work every day fighting multiple times a year.

Even against Cowboy, his left looked overextended and slow, luckily Cowboy is an easy fight these days (no offense)

Congrats to DP, I think he beats Oliveria and comes champ.

Conor walking out with a cane after looking like an old man, lol
He’s done

I find it very disturbing that a low kick is something new to Conor. He just said in the post fight interview he wasn't used to it.

Conor looked slow and his timing was off, all that coke and parting caught up to him while Dustin was putting in major work every day fighting multiple times a year.
<36>

You people have just spent the entire lead up to the fight assuring us that this time would be different, because unlike the Khabib fight where Conor had been binge drinking and smoking crack 24/7, this was Conor 3.0, he was training like a madman with the best camp he's ever had, he hasn't touched a bottle or a rock since losing to Khabib, best shape of his life, will take Poirier's head clean off...

... he loses, and "too bad, but hey, Conor didn't train a single day and was out boozing and doing blow the night before the fight, soit's not like he really lost. Can't wait for Conor 4.0 to come back and actually train for his next title shot!"

There's a lot of BJ Penn about Conor McGregor, prodigal talent who is surrounded by yes men and doesn't seem to do the nitty gritty cardio stuff.

Aesthetically it's all very nice and very technical, but there's no substitute for hard work and that shows in his constant stamina issues.

Need to watch it back but IIRC Conor missed a lot of shots in round 2, he also landed on the guard a fair bit.

Tbh there were a few levels to what Dustin did, from breaking his front leg to establishing the takedown, but Conor was also outboxed.

He is an unbalanced fighter, he's super explosive and his TDD is actually pretty good but he struggles to adjust mid-fight. If he starts to throw and not find a home for it he really struggles to re-set and settle into picking shots at the kickboxing range, he gets desperate. Great fight from Dustin, the smart and calculated approach we all wanted to see.

Well deserved win by Dustin, guy worked his ass off and is now in front of the line for the championship belt.

Crazy. Absolutely crazy result. I thought Conor was gonna wipe the floor with him. It'll be funny if his troll fans stick around and take their licks but I very much doubt it

Back