News UFC 254 was watched by 11 million Russians

This is why UFC doesn't care about PPV numbers Khabib brings in America. They negotiate TV deals in other countries specifically for a Khabib fight and make millions out of it.
There's a reason why Dana is so hesitant to accept Khabibs retirement.

Xyience was a UFC sponsor for like a decade. They went bankrupt and were sold, ending their partnership.

View attachment 813491

They even sponsored full events.
This 100% It used to be one of the main logos in the center of the octagon.
ufc-13.jpg

https://gol.ru/materials/6960-boj-habib-gejdzi-na-ren-tv-posmotreli-pocti-11-millionov-celovek
  • The audience was over 10.8 million viewers on Ren TV
  • The channel took first place in the ratings among Russians in the 25-54 age category
  • The target audience in the country in the 25-54 category is 19.2%, with the share of men being 25.7%
<mma4>

The number is most likely significantly higher since this stat doesn't account for groups of people watching on the same TV.
How does 254 compare to ufc 242? For sale reason I remember that number being like 24 million.

Crazy the Dustin fight got more views than khabibs first match without his father. Especially the way khabibs promoting gaethje as this killer

Didn't he do 26 million for the Dustin fight? That's a big drop off.

Didn't he do 26 million for the Dustin fight? That's a big drop off.
You're right. Big drop off.

https://www.rt.com/sport/468405-ufc-242-khabib-tv-views-instagram-fame-russia/

I'm surprised less people tuned in for this fight and more with Gaethje. Maybe covid didn't allow interesting interviews or promotion leading up to the fight. Such a drastic dip. Gaethje was a better matchup for khabib as far as marketability goes. Violent vs most dominant. Poirier was just happy to be there, hope I win.

Gaethje you could sell better to the public that he had a good chance of beating khabib

edit: the report covers views online. Not tv ratings(?)

And people were giving shit about stupid PPV buys, I knew this was one of the biggest fights ever

This isn't hard to believe at all.

Islam Makhachev has 2.4 million Instagram followers and not all fight fans even use Instagram.

Well. I don’t know that the usual statistic on this. But 11mil Russian views, 700k? American buys...

Lot of people around the world not in those two areas saw it or bought it.

crazy man. Khabib is the man

Aldo VS Mendes in Brazil did 60 Million viewers on Globo.

Hell, Even Cyborg pulled in like 30 million viewers or so in Brazil.

Comparitively, 11.5 million for Khabib at the height of his stardom, is relatively low
you have any sources for those #s???

Back