PBP UFC 253: Adesanya vs. Costa - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 pm ET/7:00 pm PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Adesanya did whatever he wanted. It was clear from the start that Costa was scared of the counterstriking from Adesanya.

And then Costa started to do the same thing as Yoel, I instantly wanted Adesanya to KO him stiff. Great job by Adesanya, I don't see who can beat him at MW right now.

Also amazing job by Jan, I really though Reyes will ride out a decision which he wanted but Jan went balls to the walls. Happy to see him get a belt, would never guess he would get it 3 years ago. LHW division became interesting now without Jones, many interesting title fights to make.

Even though I picked Adesanya too win and thought he will be too accurate and fast for Costa, I thought Costa would put up much more of a fight than he did, shocking performance, all he was doing was blowing kisses and making stupid faces, really lame. He barely threw anything at all.

So happy for Jan, very nice guy, he is a cool cat.

I think Reyes bought into his own hype of being the uncrowned champ. Probably listened to too many fans and media telling him he's the best. He figured he'd already beat Jones, so Jan would be a walk in the park. But Blachowicz came to fight and man, what a performance. Couldn't be happier for him.

I think Reyes bought into his own hype of being the uncrowned champ. Probably listened to too many fans and media telling him he's the best. He figured he'd already beat Jones, so Jan would be a walk in the park. But Blachowicz came to fight and man, what a performance. Couldn't be happier for him.
Totally agree brother.

Its good news for us, because Jan is the real deal, he won't pick and choose and decline fighters, he is a true fighter and won't have shenanigans about money fights. Very happy for him, he has fought everyone!.

I actually really want to see Jan vs Glover, that would be a good style fight, both have big punch power and are very similar in many ways. Glover is probably on the best winning streak in the division too, so could see it happening

What a letdown from Costa. All that talk. All that hype. All that posturing. Didn't even fucking show up. He decided to fight a tactical kickboxing match with Israel fucking Adesanya. I was thinking people were sleeping on Costa and he was more than just a berserker, but he didn't even show THAT tonight. Congrats to Izzy. I'll be rooting for him from now on, most likely.

Costa will be back, and hopefully he gets back to doing what he's great at.

At least Jan won tho! That shit's awesome. Lost a hundred bucks on Costa, but won 230 on Jan. Net gain.

Totally agree brother.

Its good news for us, because Jan is the real deal, he won't pick and choose and decline fighters, he is a true fighter and won't have shenanigans about money fights. Very happy for him, he has fought everyone!.

I actually really want to see Jan vs Glover, that would be a good style fight, both have big punch power and are very similar in many ways. Glover is probably on the best winning streak in the division too, so could see it happening
I think Jan's on the best winning streak now, bro. Rockhold, Anderson, and now Reyes, all by knockout. There was also that Souza decision.

His pressure and volume against Yoel with his size and muscularity was one of the most mind-blowing things I've ever seen in the sport. Relentless forward pressure, and he's one of the best I've ever seen at cutting off his opponent's escape angles.

He is going to hunt Izzy down.
If he actually tried to do that, he would've had a chance. Terrible gameplan by Costa. It's a shame cause it wasn't the fight we were promised.

Reactions: JSN
WOW! Great win for Jan and congratulations to him on winning the belt! Great for Adesanya too!

IN !

70105-2028671.png

<JonesDXSuckIt>
those picks. lol

<21>

Initially, I expected Adesanya to win. Then started to review his fights and Costa's fights and see many ways Costa could win. the best ways would be changing game like practising a lot of that kick defence. Like Chris Weidman did against A Silva. some grappling moves, like Machida, would catch other strikers and do the sumo lift. But Costa didn't even try his old game. He was trading kicks with a kickboxer much taller. WTF. It's almost like he bet a million dollars on Adesanya and picked the worse possible strategy
“Like Chris, like Machida” is that what Costa coaches should have told him?
So you think fighting strategy is, just do what so and so did? You guys have no respect for the sport, and act like it’s a video game. Your “knowledge” of fighting at the UFC consist of watching the contest; that’s akin to saying you’d know moviemaking because you’ve watched tons of movies. It’s not this damn simple.
Again, UFC fighters deserve better fans than Sherdoggers.

Weidman is an incredible All-American wrestler who placed 3rd in the national championship in college with submission wrestling credentials as well, he's a legit Renzo Gracie black belt. Hermansson almost subbed Jacare too. Hermansson is a good submission wrestler. And if 10th Planet is such trash, then why did Eddie Bravo destroy Royler TWICE?

First Gay UFC champion....

Dana loses his shit for sure. Im not sure this promo can handle. He probably has a clause in all contracts that states if youre flirting with the gay that you keep that shit under wraps until you're gone.
Amanda Nunes

I meant really gay not lesbian gay Chuckles

jk

LOL. The Smiths (who made the brilliant album in your avatar) and in particular Morrissey, wrote and sang about your question. Their most moving works like How Soon Is Now? pose questions back to the subjects in their songs, to themselves and to their listeners. You won't find believable answers in an mma forum or anywhere online, where people boast and often deceive (or only reveal partial truths) in order to boost their often fragile egos. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

He lost ONCE in his career. That proves 10th Planet is shit? What about him beating/dominating everyone else?

He got handled by Leo Vieira and never competed again other than the Metamoris rematch against Royler that ended in a draw. How many ADCC champs does 10th planet have? I’ll wait for you to google the answer.

Back