News UFC 249 cancelled. [Update] Dana still wants to do "fighter island."

I don't know how the ESPN contract was set up but do any of you think this was just a ploy by the UFC to ensure that Disney/ESPN were the ones to pull the plug on the fights? Their contract with ESPN dictates that they need to put on a certain number of fights in 2020 to be guaranteed a certain sum of money. In light of the confusing environment that has been emerging over the last 3 months, they have probably been in talks regarding how the contract will be affected by the pandemic. If ESPN was unable or unwilling to give the UFC any assurances regarding not being able to fulfill the contract, I could easily see the UFC playing a game of chicken with Disney/ESPN to force their hand into eventually calling a stop to the events. After all, the UFC is an organization for cage fighting which is used to controversy while Disney/ESPN are household corporate entities who are much more fearful of bad press.

As of now, the UFC has made every attempt to fulfill their end of the contract but have been forced to stop all efforts by Disney/ESPN. I assume that will help the UFC significantly if there is a contract dispute down the line.
Interesting slant , will keep on a eye on that to see how that plays out

I'm just glad the idiots here are getting to finally understand how the world works.

NFL, NBA and every other major sport cancelled a long time ago and you can bet your ass that any official organization is not going to go against the grain. The money talks, it doesn't matter how "cuck" or "beta" you think everyone else is, all that bravado don't mean shit when you don't have the real power.

I dunno why so many bitches in here celebrating.

Get the fuck off of Sherdog.

This is a place for fight fans.

It was so shockingly absurd, I'm glad someone with half a brain stepped in.

Oh look, another reason to hate this cunt.

She born in 1933. Respect the elderly you fool. Is like a kid that just learned to wipe his ass trying to correct you

The fact that Disney hadn't stepped in before now is absurd but not surprising. They're in a financial crisis because the parks are closed and are relying on bridge loans. That idiotic Fox purchase, which should have been blocked under antitrust laws, is biting them in ass.

and they overpaid for it also. What where they thinking, who cares about simpsons?

Just another reminder that Dana is still not on Vince McMahon's level.

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

Looks like many of you owe Khabib an apology.
I don't owe that idiot anything. His dumb ass should have kept his mouth shut and let this thing get cancelled like it was going to. Only idiots thought this event was actually going to happen.

We all knew this was going to be cancel, iono wtf Dana was thinking. lol

I don't owe that idiot anything. His dumb ass should have kept his mouth shut and let this thing get cancelled like it was going to. Only idiots thought this event was actually going to happen.
Thats the angriest apology I have ever heard.

Thats the angriest apology I have ever heard.
To be fair, I never said he was ducking. I made a thread basicly saying he should just stfu and not say anything because this event was going to get cancelled.

Maybe the cartel didnt want to sell their island. Lol

Did he buy this island or is he renting it?

Back