UFC 248 card not looking great anymore.

Agree. This was, in my opinion, the only "stacked" card on the entire calendar. Looking good but far from great, now.

Dana probably did a double take and realized he'd accidentally stacked a card, and immediately pulled Whittaker. "Oh. Yeah.... ah... bone... bone marrow! Yeah.."
249 has a chance to be "stacked" if they can get legit opponents for Zabit & Islam. Pretty good as is, but not amazing.

It doesn't have great stacked "names", but it actually looks like a lot of these fights could be exciting.

Not to mention it's only a couple of weeks after Wilder v Fury.

Something tells me it doesn't do that well with the casual audience.

You can’t knock them for not trying. Stars just didn’t align. This will be a test of Izzy’s drawing power
Don't think it's fair to do that, it's likely not going to do that well. Fury v Wilder was like 80 bucks and only two weeks removed.

246 was trash, too.
Oh yeah good call, 246 was very lacking too.. I just could not believe 247 third fight from the main event was Juan Adams, LOL Juan fucking Adams, are you kidding me. This guys skills are way below the dark bouts of a King of the Cage event.

I'm sure it will get better as the year goes on, but so far its been very poor imo. Although the Khabib vs Tony fight is EPIC and so awesome!!, one of the best fights ever in MMA in any weightclass, but I am still even dubious on that because its been booked 5 times now, I just pray it actually happens for real.

Oh yeah good call, 246 was very lacking too.. I just could not believe 247 third fight from the main event was Juan Adams, LOL Juan fucking Adams, are you kidding me. This guys skills are way below the dark bouts of a King of the Cage event.

I'm sure it will get better as the year goes on, but so far its been very poor imo. Although the Khabib vs Tony fight is EPIC and so awesome!!, one of the best fights ever in MMA in any weightclass, but I am still even dubious on that because its been booked 5 times now, I just pray it actually happens for real.
Yeah 249 is a banger. The JBG owes us after these awful cards lately.

At least they tried with this one. Can't say the same for everything else this year so far.

Middleweight Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Yoel Romero [a]
Women's Strawweight Zhang Weili (c) vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
Lightweight Beneil Dariush vs. Drakkar Klose
Welterweight Neil Magny vs. Li Jingliang
Welterweight Alex Oliveira vs. Max Griffin
Preliminary Card (ESPN)
Bantamweight Sean O'Malley vs. José Alberto Quiñónez
Lightweight Mark Madsen vs. Austin Hubbard
Middleweight Rodolfo Vieira vs. Saparbek Safarov
Middleweight Gerald Meerschaert vs. Deron Winn

Still not bad but Whittaker vs Cannonier was on the card, then Cannonier vs Till but that got scrapped too. Stephens vs Kattar got scrapped and Edmen vs Brunson got moved to another event.

Losing these fights is a major blow to the card:

Whittaker vs Cannonier / Cannonier vs Till
Stephens vs Kattar
Edmen vs Brunson

However, UFC 248 still has some legs. The main and co-main are both great. Really like the Magny vs. Li fight as well.

Cowboy Oliveira is a fun fighter to watch, but more of a prelims guy. Same goes with Dariush vs. Klose. Really like that fight, but as the swing bout on a PPV, it's lacking.

Still, some interesting fights scattered throughout the prelims. A bunch of undefeated fighters like Mark O. Madsen, and Rodolfo Vieira, along with the return of "Sugar" Sean. Finally.

Top to bottom, UFC 248 is a better card than 246 or 247. It's probably a better card than UFC 249 too, honestly, and it's gotta be better than 250 with Cejudo vs. Aldo at the top and Shogun vs. Lil Nog on there.

So yeah, UFC 248 will be the best card in the first half of 2020.

O Malley really dodged a bullet.

He was previously scheduled to fight Chito Vera and now is he fighting Teco Quiñonez.

Agree. This was, in my opinion, the only "stacked" card on the entire calendar. Looking good but far from great, now.

Dana probably did a double take and realized he'd accidentally stacked a card, and immediately pulled Whittaker. "Oh. Yeah.... ah... bone... bone marrow! Yeah.."
What about Magny vs Jingaling?

That I'm looking forward to (though only for Jingaling). The card is good, definitely - I just dont consider it stacked for a PPV.
I hear ya. Looks terrible. Just thought jinglelings name was catchy lol

Still good but was really looking forward to the edmen fight being on here

That really sucks I was pumped for this one too. I’ll trade every eighth this year though if we can keep tony vs khabib

Main card looks like a lot of fun and the prelims aren't bad either. You guys bitch too much.

Back