UFC 248 card not looking great anymore.

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Middleweight Israel Adesanya (c) vs. Yoel Romero [a]
Women's Strawweight Zhang Weili (c) vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_248#cite_note-17
Lightweight Beneil Dariush vs. Drakkar Klose
Welterweight Neil Magny vs. Li Jingliang
Welterweight Alex Oliveira vs. Max Griffin
Preliminary Card (ESPN)
Bantamweight Sean O'Malley vs. José Alberto Quiñónez
Lightweight Mark Madsen vs. Austin Hubbard
Middleweight Rodolfo Vieira vs. Saparbek Safarov
Middleweight Gerald Meerschaert vs. Deron Winn

Still not bad but Whittaker vs Cannonier was on the card, then Cannonier vs Till but that got scrapped too. Stephens vs Kattar got scrapped and Edmen vs Brunson got moved to another event.

Agree. This was, in my opinion, the only "stacked" card on the entire calendar. Looking good but far from great, now.

Dana probably did a double take and realized he'd accidentally stacked a card, and immediately pulled Whittaker. "Oh. Yeah.... ah... bone... bone marrow! Yeah.."

Sadly, this card is about the same as every other lately, give or take. Didnt start out that way.

But it's the 85 strap up for grabs, I'ma buy it, and drink till I'm straight hyped on the night lol

It's still good because of Israel/Romero and Zhang/JJ.

Whittaker made the card for me. I do think he beats Jared rather easily outside of just randomly getting clipped. Still an aight card though.

You can’t knock them for not trying. Stars just didn’t align. This will be a test of Izzy’s drawing power

maxresdefault.jpg

Sadly, this card is about the same as every other lately, give or take. Didnt start out that way.

But it's the 85 strap up for grabs, I'ma buy it, and drink till I'm straight hyped on the night lol
Yeah I'm gonna order it too, a lot of solid fighters and good matchups on the card still. Hyped to see the Leech.

Thank you UFC, please increase the prices again this year

Bellator 242 - May 9, 2020

Ryan Bader vs Vadim Nemkov (Fedor Protege) for the HW Belt

Douglas Lima vs Gegard Moussasi for the MW Belt

It's still good because of Israel/Romero and Zhang/JJ.
Yeah I mean it's got those two fights which I'm hyped for, but even though the rest lacks name value, Dariush/Klose should be a good fight, and Oliveira/Griffin is most likely gonna be fireworks. Even Magny/Li is pretty interesting to me.

2020 has been a bad start for UFC, some horrific UFC Fight Night events, and UFC 247 PPV was also a very bad Fight Night apart from main event

UFC just will raise the price of conor vs gaethje to $99.99 to make up for the bad sales from these shit cards

2 title fights and no useless fat HW's on the card.
It looks fine to me.
Yoel missing weight as usual would make it worse.

All but 3-4 cards a year are very average nowadays.

- International Fight Week in Vegas
- November MSG
- a card in LA
- the December Vegas card

But I’ll try being positive and say no bad HW’s, and outside of the 115 title fight, no WMMA!

i like this card. almost all these fights have good match ups or prospects fighting

Mark Madsen gets co main, smashes a guy and then put on the undercard.

A ton of entertaining fights

but not having even ONE ranked fighter on the entire card outside the main and co-main is ridiculous

I’m still really excited for it though but yeah

All but 3-4 cards a year are very average nowadays.

- International Fight Week in Vegas
- November MSG
- a card in LA
- the December Vegas card

But I’ll try being positive and say no bad HW’s, and outside of the 115 title fight, no WMMA!

lmao whitmire vs viana is on it too

Back